Astro-Notes: 8/6/17 Practice

Astrobot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What a rotten experience. And I had forgot about the elderly and little kids not being able to see games very easily.

I agree with what you say about it being disrespectful.

In my view, if McD wins a lot , this wont matter. If as is more likely, his record is average, he is paving the way to get fired a year or two earlier than he would have if he treated the fans like they are also important to the team.

We are watching him get fired here is what I think. Not now, not next year, but a couple years of this combined with a mediocre or worse record will have the fans ready for someone new.

Exactly. If he wins, I can find a way to look past this, but if not....

in 17 years of attending that TC, yesterday and the first night practice were the two worst times I've been treated as a fan at any Bills event by the staff. Its absurd that for a ticketed practice, that was the way to treat the fans. I'll still be there every Sunday, but they lost some of my respect yesterday

You fans do realize the purpose of training camp is to get the team ready, right? They're doing you a favor letting you watch at all. And it's FREE.

I do realize that. But they gave out tickets, bused people in, charged them for food/drink, had their staff argue with fans and then gave them a view of the grass growing. To kids and folks who cant afford to come to a game its pretty rough to do that to them. It would have been been better to just cancel the practice IMO rather than waste everyone's time.

How do you think the sponsors of those VIP tents felt about their guests getting a view of the kickers playing catch? It was wrong to do that

I think people get too uptight about stuff like this. Look, as many have pointed out, if Coach McD gets this team to the playoffs, do you really care that you missed part of a practice? I know I'd go watch grass grow knowing that January football was a reality. And next year and the year after. It's called preparation and also keeping certain aspect away from the media. As much as we all love Astro's notes, perhaps there were some things he noted (but not regular sportswriters!!) that Coach McD said, we need to be more prudent in practice. I have no problem at all with that approach. I can't believe people are bitching about the team being TOO secretive!

I think people get too uptight about stuff like this. Look, as many have pointed out, if Coach McD gets this team to the playoffs, do you really care that you missed part of a practice? I know I'd go watch grass grow knowing that January football was a reality. And next year and the year after. It's called preparation and also keeping certain aspect away from the media. As much as we all love Astro's notes, perhaps there were some things he noted (but not regular sportswriters!!) that Coach McD said, we need to be more prudent in practice. I have no problem at all with that approach. I can't believe people are bitching about the team being TOO secretive!

You're missing my point. The Bills event staff herded 5000 people to a location that no practice was going to take place on. Gave tickets, charged money for food, bus trips, merchandise

I get that practice is free and that it doesn't matter if they win. But as of today, Mcd is 0-0 and that was a bait and switch to fans of a team in the midst of a 17 year playoff drought. It was a BS move and you are not going to convince me otherwise.

You're missing my point. The Bills event staff herded 5000 people to a location that no practice was going to take place on. Gave tickets, charged money for food, bus trips, merchandise

I get that practice is free and that it doesn't matter if they win. But as of today, Mcd is 0-0 and that was a bait and switch to fans of a team in the midst of a 17 year playoff drought. It was a BS move and you are not going to convince me otherwise.

They are either missing your very, very, very, easy to see point on purpose, or because they actually don't understand it.

Either way I think it is pointless to try to explain it to them some more.

I do. Its lousy form and the opposite message the Bills should be sending to their fans. My son is leaving for college in a few weeks and the last playoff game we had he was in diapers.

You treat loyalty with respect, and we're loyal fans. McDermott needs to learn this isn't Carolina.

with all due respect. if it breads a winner. i can't be concerned with the practice methodologies. i just want to win. everything else is secondary

They could have done both or not tried to do both in a public practice. Mostly I expect whining from people who ENJOY whining more than winning but seems to the case where they wanted to provide a public practice but no do it.

Wonder if they had lookouts for drones from Billicheat's followers. If so they need one of these:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-anti-drone-gun-looks-like-it-can-do-some-serious-damage-224044621.html

Spencer T. German @Spencito_

McDermott says "natural wear & tear," has pushed them to the side field for practice. Compares it to crop rotation. #Bills

8:38 AM · Aug 8, 2017

Can we stop the whiny complaints about practice now? I get it, you showed up to watch the Bills practice and were disappointed. But I'll take a crappy practice for fans over Sammy Watkins spraining his ankle when he steps in a divot.

Spencer T. German @Spencito_

McDermott says "natural wear & tear," has pushed them to the side field for practice. Compares it to crop rotation. #Bills

8:38 AM · Aug 8, 2017

Can we stop the whiny complaints about practice now? I get it, you showed up to watch the Bills practice and were disappointed. But I'll take a crappy practice for fans over Sammy Watkins spraining his ankle when he steps in a divot.

They hadn't practiced on that field for since Wednesday morning. Spare me that BS

You fans do realize the purpose of training camp is to get the team ready, right? They're doing you a favor letting you watch at all. And it's FREE.

I hear what you are saying but in typical Bills fashion they pick the exact wrong time to do this. They knew the place was going to be packed, why not pick a Tuesday night to pull this crap, when the joint is a quarter full. One thing does worry me about Mcd, from all accounts he has been given total control. Considering he never was even a head coach before, Pegs showed a great leap of faith in doing this. Hope it doesn't backfire on him. He better win, or crap like he pulled Sunday will come back to bite him. Show the fans a little bit more respect, we have been here & endured this joke of a franchise a lot longer than you have.