RT dumpster fire

Mills doesn't even look good in camp and Dawkins has yet to challenge him by all reports.

I still think S, LB, and TE are worse position groups especially with regard to depth, but right now whoever starts at RT is the worst of the 22 starters by far.

Options:

1. Deal with it until Henderson comes off suspension. Let Mills and Dawkins platoon until Henderson comes back then cut Mills

2. Give one or more of the interior lineman a few practices at RT - Ducasse played OT in college, Groy has played a few games at OT too.

3. Austin Howard - he and Ryan Clady are the only OTs on the top 50 FA list. He might be worth a look

4. Trade Wood for a very good RT. Hear me out. I would not do this but it could be a scenario. Groy played as well as Wood last season. Wood is in the last year of his deal. Wood is 5 years older than Groy. If a team loses a center in camp, the Bills might be in a position to take advantage of their need.

Most likely scenario is just deal with it. If Cordy is healthy, they can slide protection help to the right side all game long.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run every play to the left! But seriously give Dawkins some time. He has been busy playing LT. Also, of all of the OL positions I feel like RT would be easiest to fill in case we had to pick up a veteran later on after other teams make their cuts. Of all of the positions of need I think safety should be a higher priority than RT and I'm hoping they sign a veteran at that position

Run every play to the left! But seriously give Dawkins some time. He has been busy playing LT. Also, of all of the OL positions I feel like RT would be easiest to fill in case we had to pick up a veteran later on after other teams make their cuts. Of all of the positions of need I think safety should be a higher priority than RT and I'm hoping they sign a veteran at that position

Not to derail my own thread but agree about safety. They should bring back A. Williams this week

Not to derail my own thread but agree about safety. They should bring back A. Williams this week

Ok glad we figured that out. Now we just need the Bills to agree and do something about it! If we could somehow get Aaron Williams for cheap that would be awesome.

I'm about the only person I know who actually feels that Mills progressed (albeit slowly) during the season, last year.

But still, he's only mediocre, as is Miller. With Glenn/Incognito/Wood, being as good as they are, and Tyrod being as mobile as he is (which, imo, takes away some of the left-side vulnerability that most right-handed QBs have), opposing defenses will, and have, attacked the right side relentlessly.

Perhaps, in this regard, having a QB as mobile as TT, not only makes Mills'/Miller's jobs harder, it makes Glenn's/Incognito's jobs easier. At least, in terms of pass protection. If we had a QB who stayed in the pocket, and stepped up into the pocket when the play started to break down, would opposing defenses focus more on Glenn/Incognito?

All that being said, I don't personally believe that we are experiencing a "dumpster fire" on the right side, just yet. But, it most certainly is a concern.

Mills doesn't even look good in camp and Dawkins has yet to challenge him by all reports.

This was a good report and I appreciative you taking the time to share your observations but its only been four practices and "Dawkins has yet to challenge him" is a statement more meaningfully made after the second pre-season game,

Lol what?

If anything Tyrod makes it doable for Mills to be starting. If they had a typical pocket QB Mills would've been gone a while ago.

Or maybe it's easier to hold blocks when you are forming a pocket and don't have a guy who runs around behind you, or ya know can read a defense and get the ball out quickly and decisively.

Or maybe it's easier to hold blocks when you are forming a pocket and don't have a guy who runs around behind you, or ya know can read a defense and get the ball out quickly and decisively.

Yeah - blame Tyrod for Mills being a turnstyle at RT...

I'm about the only person I know who actually feels that Mills progressed (albeit slowly) during the season, last year.

But still, he's only mediocre, as is Miller. With Glenn/Incognito/Wood, being as good as they are, and Tyrod being as mobile as he is (which, imo, takes away some of the left-side vulnerability that most right-handed QBs have), opposing defenses will, and have, attacked the right side relentlessly.

Perhaps, in this regard, having a QB as mobile as TT, not only makes Mills'/Miller's jobs harder, it makes Glenn's/Incognito's jobs easier. At least, in terms of pass protection. If we had a QB who stayed in the pocket, and stepped up into the pocket when the play started to break down, would opposing defenses focus more on Glenn/Incognito?

All that being said, I don't personally believe that we are experiencing a "dumpster fire" on the right side, just yet. But, it most certainly is a concern.

We've had 3 days of camp, and 1 day with pads. Its hard to call something a dumpster fire. One guys a rookie, and the other one is what we know he is. Henderson is the wildcard.

I still think S, LB, and TE are worse position groups especially with regard to depth, but right now whoever starts at RT is the worst of the 22 starters by far.

Options:

1. Deal with it until Henderson comes off suspension. Let Mills and Dawkins platoon until Henderson comes back then cut Mills

2. Give one or more of the interior lineman a few practices at RT - Ducasse played OT in college, Groy has played a few games at OT too.

3. Austin Howard - he and Ryan Clady are the only OTs on the top 50 FA list. He might be worth a look

4. Trade Wood for a very good RT. Hear me out. I would not do this but it could be a scenario. Groy played as well as Wood last season. Wood is in the last year of his deal. Wood is 5 years older than Groy. If a team loses a center in camp, the Bills might be in a position to take advantage of their need.

Most likely scenario is just deal with it. If Cordy is healthy, they can slide protection help to the right side all game long.

smokey-the-bear-2.jpg

Options:

Stay healthy.

Don't commit penalites.

That's all the oline has to do. Everything else is on the backfield.