Does anyone not watch TV?

Another Fan

Well maybe except for Bills games on Sundays. But I grew up as a kid in the 90's watching stuff like TGIF, Home Improvement, Married With Children, Doug, and Clarissa Explains It All. It seemed to turn into mostly reality some years back, idk nothing really interests me much. Most news today is politically slanted as well. TV shows that are good these days you can just always watch on DVD, Netflix, or Amazon Prime for example. Just finished watching Sons of Anarchy using the later.

Only will watch sports on cable now and I go to a buddies house for that. Usually just netflix hulu and amazon here. I kinda prefer it actually.

I dropped cable altogether. Sling TV, Netflix and Amazon prime and digital antenna to get the bills games cost me about what two months of a basic digital cable package for the whole year.

How much do the antennas run and how do they work? Interested in trying them

Well maybe except for Bills games on Sundays. But I grew up as a kid in the 90's watching stuff like TGIF, Home Improvement, Married With Children, Doug, and Clarissa Explains It All. It seemed to turn into mostly reality some years back, idk nothing really interests me much. Most news today is politically slanted as well. TV shows that are good these days you can just always watch on DVD, Netflix, or Amazon Prime for example. Just finished watching Sons of Anarchy using the later.

Bills games & VT games when I can't get to them.

Game of Thrones & Gotham

Other than that I stick to video games if I'm staying in. Why watch something scripted when I can entertain myself with a story where I effect the outcome?

I agree they don't make tv programs like they did in the 90's but times are so different as well. I much prefer watching reruns of the shows I grew up watching than most of the stuff on nowadays. I do watch alot of sports and documentaries though

Agreed. TV serial shows are much better now. The 90s were a nadir of TV.

Sundays: Game of Thrones, The Strain

Tuesdays: American Ripper

Fridays: Ancient Aliens, Dark Matter, Killjoys

Saturdays: Turn

Offseason: South Park, Gotham, Vikings, Better Call Saul, The Expanse, The Americans

The only shows that I watch on the date of broadcast are Game of Thrones and South Park. Everything else is streamed on demand whenever I feel like it

The Strain and Turn are both in their final seasons :(

American Ripper is a one season documentary/reality show

I'm considering cutting the cord when my DirecTV contract is up. The only disruptions I can see would be GoT and South Park

Only will watch sports on cable now and I go to a buddies house for that. Usually just netflix hulu and amazon here. I kinda prefer it actually.

How much do the antennas run and how do they work? Interested in trying them

Depends on your distance from your areas broadcast station. I live in brockport and pick up 13wham's network is Rochester. I get about 30-40 channels. Even get some Canadian channels. Granted some of them are weird channels. Check antennaweb.org to see what you are able to get. Right now I only have a 50 mile ranged antenna but plan on putting a 150 mile in my attic.

Also an antenna will run anywhere from 30-100 bucks depending on the range you want/need. My cheap one was good when I still lived in rochester to get about 50+ channels 2-71 and all the digital ones (ex. bills game was on channel 8 in SD, 8.1 HD, 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 were random channels).

I have this one right now. https://www.amazon.com/1byone-Amplified-Detachable-Performance-Cable-Black/dp/B00IF70T4M/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501456522&sr=1-3&keywords=digital+antenna

Plan on getting this one and putting it in my attic. https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-Outdoor-Amplified-Antenna-Rotation/dp/B017JEF126/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501456522&sr=1-6&keywords=digital+antenna

Edited by The Wiz