Does anyone not watch TV?

Another Fan

Depends on your distance from your areas broadcast station. I live in brockport and pick up 13wham's network is Rochester. I get about 30-40 channels. Even get some Canadian channels. Granted some of them are weird channels. Check antennaweb.org to see what you are able to get. Right now I only have a 50 mile ranged antenna but plan on putting a 150 mile in my attic.

Also an antenna will run anywhere from 30-100 bucks depending on the range you want/need. My cheap one was good when I still lived in rochester to get about 50+ channels 2-71 and all the digital ones (ex. bills game was on channel 8 in SD, 8.1 HD, 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 were random channels).

I have this one right now. https://www.amazon.com/1byone-Amplified-Detachable-Performance-Cable-Black/dp/B00IF70T4M/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501456522&sr=1-3&keywords=digital+antenna

Plan on getting this one and putting it in my attic. https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-Outdoor-Amplified-Antenna-Rotation/dp/B017JEF126/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501456522&sr=1-6&keywords=digital+antenna

Awesome thank you very much. Seems like a good idea to me

Awesome thank you very much. Seems like a good idea to me

I definitely recommend something with a bigger range. My coworker has the one I plan to get and said he can pick up buffalo stations from Rochester. Also having the remote direction helps. I have my current one setup in my basement window which is limiting the reception range but can get what I need for now.

something else to keep in mind regarding antennas, you don't need a brand spanking new digital antenna for HD. If you've got an old analog antenna in your yard or attic, or even a pair of old school rabbit ears they'll do the trick

something else to keep in mind regarding antennas, you don't need a brand spanking new digital antenna for HD. If you've got an old analog antenna in your yard or attic, or even a pair of old school rabbit ears they'll do the trick

Correct. As long as your tv has a digital tuner built-in which I'm sure anything bought within the past 5-10 years should have in it. You just don't get the same range/reception/amount of channels.

Edited by The Wiz

I am 40 and I have never owned a TV. It's not that I'm totally opposed, but I just don't get much out of it. For a long time, I would actually binge on TV a little when I was at a hotel or visiting friends or family that had TV, but now I find the whole thing so noisy and obnoxious that I can't watch for more than a few minutes. I still love watching sports, and that's the only thing I miss. But I can't stomach one minute of modern sports analysis on ESPN, etc.I have recently considered buying a TV so I can watch movies at home, or maybe check out Game of Thrones or the like. Seems like you can get a ridiculous TV for not a lot of money now.

I definitely recommend something with a bigger range. My coworker has the one I plan to get and said he can pick up buffalo stations from Rochester. Also having the remote direction helps. I have my current one setup in my basement window which is limiting the reception range but can get what I need for now.

As long as I can get my Bills games i'll be a happy camper. I'm in the Albany area so we'll see

As long as I can get my Bills games i'll be a happy camper. I'm in the Albany area so we'll see

You shouldn't have an issue. Like i said, check out antennaweb.org and you will see how far you are from wherever they are broadcasting from and can decide how strong of an antenna you need.

Cut the cord and love it. Got an Apple TV and get a DirectTV now subscription. $35/mo for basically most channels. Also get content on demand from the channel's app on the Apple TV.

For local content, use an HD aentenna.

I will never get cable again, ever.

Cut the cord and love it. Got an Apple TV and get a DirectTV now subscription. $35/mo for basically most channels. Also get content on demand from the channel's app on the Apple TV.

For local content, use an HD aentenna.

I will never get cable again, ever.

What do you do for internet?

I'll be the contrarian. I'm watching cable as I type. I also have DTV for Bills games and as a backup. I watch waaaay too much TV, but I know it. Exactly WHAT you decide to watch is the difference maker. II hate reality crap and most programming, but there's stuff I can find amongst my billion + channels (it seems) to interest me. I also read a lot, so there's that. I just don't save the world enough.

Other than Bills when on national TV (no NFLNET) or playoffs very little.

I broke the TV habit when most of my favorite shows went off air or they kept interrupting them, changing times. etc and rest when I started working shifts.

If FIOS did not want extra money to be able to record shows might record a few and binge watch but not paying them anymore.