Rebuild Mode

It's pretty clear that despite fan's desires, the Bills are again in rebuild mode now. Lost more than they gained in FA. Drafted replacements largely. New everything, coaches, schemes, skill position players, etc. Don't have the QB yet although TT is very good. In the NFL, no QB, no playoffs, no media coverage, no interest outside of the local area; no great QB, no deep run in playoffs. So, what to do? Blind loyalty?

I called DTV with the intent of haggling my way to lower the cost for the umpteenth time. know what I did? cancelled the Ticket. The media thinks the Bills suck and cover the team as a suck team. Hard to watch that, although its hard to argue with the consensus. The best case this year is TT goes down, they go 4-12 and draft Sam Darnold, which anyone with a brain knows is the best case. Who wants to watch that happen? Not me. So I think a little break is in order, watch the highlight shows, etc., maybe travel to the Carolina game mainly to see friends. Thats about it.

How will you get through the rebuild??

SMART!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty clear that despite fan's desires, the Bills are again in rebuild mode now. Lost more than they gained in FA. Drafted replacements largely. New everything, coaches, schemes, skill position players, etc. Don't have the QB yet although TT is very good. In the NFL, no QB, no playoffs, no media coverage, no interest outside of the local area; no great QB, no deep run in playoffs. So, what to do? Blind loyalty?

I called DTV with the intent of haggling my way to lower the cost for the umpteenth time. know what I did? cancelled the Ticket. The media thinks the Bills suck and cover the team as a suck team. Hard to watch that, although its hard to argue with the consensus. The best case this year is TT goes down, they go 4-12 and draft Sam Darnold, which anyone with a brain knows is the best case. Who wants to watch that happen? Not me. So I think a little break is in order, watch the highlight shows, etc., maybe travel to the Carolina game mainly to see friends. Thats about it.

Buh Bye then.

Got to say, I completely disagree. Year after year after year we've had that same middle of the road record. So putting your money on it happening again is probably a decent bet simply because it's the safe one. But I have a pretty sneaky feeling that this year is going to surprise a lot of people in a good way.

Playoffs, here we come! :thumbsup:

...too bad you'll only be watching the highlights :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

More of a re-tooling vs rebuild. If it was a full on rebuild which I wasn't against if the team decided to go in that direction. Guys like Tyrod, McCoy, Kyle Williams would no longer be on the team. We wouldn't have spent money on FBs and a Kicker.

Edited by billieve420

Worried?

It's a sport I have no control over.

Just an opinion on a message board of a team I'm a fan of. And my opinions are usually right with this team.

wow. you're constantly negative about a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 years, and you think you're such a wizard about being right? being down on this team isn't hard at all. finding good analysis and reasons why the team can take a step forward is much harder.

you have every reason to be negative, but i just have to smile about posters who literally complain about every move they make, then scream from the mountain about how right they are. not every move has been bad. there just haven't been enough good ones to put the team over the top.

I'm not sure what the plan is honestly.

Why keep Tyrod, KW, Incognito, Shady around if your looking to rebuild? And if your keeping those guys around and going for it, then go for it. Don't half ass it.

This is why I hope Boldin signs here. probably wishful thinking at this point.

Worried?

It's a sport I have no control over.

Just an opinion on a message board of a team I'm a fan of. And my opinions are usually right with this team.👍🏻

Because reasonable arguments are Sooo welcome here, especially when they don't have us making no the playoffs?

😂😂😂

The OP reminds me of me, last year. Although, I think this is a 6-10 team currently, I agree that we MIGHT be headed in the right direction and I got the ST for free so " What the heck".

i dunno - we were 7-9 a year ago. Our highest paid player barely played, and didn't play well. Our highly drafted WR barely played. Starting safety almost died. 1st round pick barely played, 2nd rounder didn't play at all. Had a terrible lazy HC and AHC/DC. Why are we so much worse?

Edited by dneveu

I will head down to the local Bills backer bar, have a few beers, and have fun watching football with friends. Its a f@$#ing nightmare.

What am I complaining about?

The team is in an odd state this year. They kept players like Tyrod, KW, Shady, etc but let productive players leave via FA and replaced them with unknown draft picks on the cheap and have little depth behind the starters.

It's like they want to compete this year but aren't sure. Just an observation. Here's a prediction, when the inevitable injuries hit, the team will struggle because they have no depth and let solid starters walk for question marks.

scott, every year team lose productive players that they'd prefer to keep. sometimes it turns out fine, other times it's a loss. nothing i said is earth shattering, but you seem not to grasp it. i would have preferred to keep gilmore too, but with the state of the cap and the cost, it wasn't going to happen. maybe white fills in perfectly...who knows. i just don't think the bills are throwing guys to the street because they don't want to pay like you're implying. i bet when byrd left you were letting everyone know how stupid it was, and how you knew better. how did that work out. veterans leaving and rookies taking their place is part of the game. we're in year 1 of a brand new regime. just because you don't understand the plan doesn't mean there is one. i have no idea why you have trouble getting this.

What am I complaining about?

The team is in an odd state this year. They kept players like Tyrod, KW, Shady, etc but let productive players leave via FA and replaced them with unknown draft picks on the cheap and have little depth behind the starters.

It's like they want to compete this year but aren't sure. Just an observation. Here's a prediction, when the inevitable injuries hit, the team will struggle because they have no depth and let solid starters walk for question marks.

I feel like Whaley kinda... put us in a cap conundrum. We haven't been active in FA in the last what 2 years? We gave dareus ridiculous money, glenn is overpaid, and clay is massively overpaid. We even overpaid for Shady.

i dunno - we were 7-9 a year ago. Our highest paid player barely played, and didn't play well. Our highly drafted WR barely played. Starting safety almost died. 1st round pick barely played, 2nd rounder didn't play at all. Had a terrible lazy HC and AHC/DC. Why are we so much worse?

Not so much, but it's the depth all along the roster that is a concern.

Not so much, but it's the depth all along the roster that is a concern.

Yeah i suppose. I just feel like... the depth at safety was terrible last year. We lost Z brown, and gained ragland and hodges. Lost gilmore, gained white. Lost NRC, gained johnson.

I worry about the DE's more than anything. Hopefully they're looking at that as the season approaches.

Edited by dneveu

Yeah i suppose. I just feel like... the depth at safety was terrible last year. We lost Z brown, and gained ragland and hodges. Lost gilmore, gained white. Lost NRC, gained johnson.

I worry about the DE's more than anything. Hopefully they're looking at that as the season approaches.

I would have liked to see a good vet WR still. I hope Boldin does sign here. Maclin-he deserves that Flacco is out.

you little debbie downers seem to be pretty plentiful around here. crying the blues and projecting failure before the season even starts. like you really know the outcome and have the need to come to a message board to share your tears.

That's the funniest part of these types of posts, at this time of year.

Training Camp starts, literally, tonight - why not give it a few weeks before denouncing your Bills fandom? I mean, you've trained for the marathon, you're standing at the starting line, you might as well at least jog a bit and see how it feels...

And I'll get through this season the same way I do every season, by consuming way too much Bills media and by eating good food and drinking beer. Simple.

I feel ya - i feel good about zay as a solid contributor. I think boldin waits it out a bit.

Who know's though, we may have watched him run and just decided he doesn't have it anymore.

probably know within a week.