Stay Classy Trump

Hey, I wasn't necessarily talking about you TYTTT, just the part of his base that will appreciate this move. Those are the people that this move was set to appease...and it will appease some of them. And those people are deplorable in my book. That is his base right now... who else is he trying to appeal to ,when he goes on these campaign rallies, 6 months into office, and starts ramping up the racist bull ****, and attacking the most vulnerable people...reasonable people who supported him (and there are some reasonable people who voted for him, I concede) are starting to get tired of his rhetoric. He needs the cheering crowds...and once he has him, no telling what the hell he will say...he has the impulse control of a very small baby.

If you were talking about me, it would have been hilarious given my disdain for President Trump, but that wasn't my point.

My point is that you are going to get zero mileage out of calling half the country deplorable. It's exactly that language that began to drive the nails into Hillary Clinton's coffin.

You are never going to win people to your cause by insulting them, talking down to them, speaking past them, marginalizing them, or calling them racists.

They don't need to be educated by you.

Conversely, you need to be educated by them. You need to listen to them. Their concerns are real.

And they aren't going anywhere, so if you ever want to govern them again, you had damn well better learn their language, and not only understand their problems but sympathize with them and understand their root causes. The actual root causes, not President Obama's condescension about God and guns.

If you can't do that, you don't deserve to govern again.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't honestly care less what Trump does today, sorry I can't share your pain and sorrow as this apparently is the worst thing ever done today.

There's no pain. Why not stay classy?

So... It is okay to not be classy. Anything goes. Just give me the go ahead. No whining from anybody then.

If you were talking about me, it would have been hilarious given my disdain for President Trump, but that wasn't my point.

My point is that you are going to get zero mileage out of calling half the country deplorable. It's exactly that language that began to drive the nails into Hillary Clinton's coffin.

You are never going to win people to your cause by insulting them, talking down to them, speaking past them, marginalizing them, or calling them racists.

Conversely, you need to be educated by them. You need to listen to them. Their concerns are real.

And they aren't going anywhere, so if you ever want to govern them again, you had damn well better learn their language, and not only understand their problems but sympathize with them and understand their root causes. The actual root causes, not President Obama's condescension about God and guns.

Wow! TYTT is a populist! Salt of the earth baby.

I gotta remember this.

Your point is taken. Though, I do wonder why some people find being called racists so disdainful, when that is truly what they are. Many are embracing that. Wasn't that part of the Trump phenomenon...its' okay to be an !@#$, "because our guy won"?

As for Obama's "condescension" about God and guns, take it that way, but the comment was taken out of context to some extent, and he was right. When Obama made that comment, he was actually expressing empathy for people that are scared of change...they cling to the things that make them most comfortable. In my opinion, Trump knows he was right too... and he is banking on it for re-election. As lousy as Trvmp has been since taking office, there has been a noticeable amped up nastiness in the tenor of his public comments the last week or two...he is in full early campaign mode now. And he is there, for a reason.

Edited by Buftex

There's no pain. Why not stay classy?

So... It is okay to not be classy. Anything goes. Just give me the go ahead. No whining from anybody then.

Wow! TYTT is a populist! Salt of the earth baby.

I gotta remember this.

WTF are you talking about dude? Did you watch the last election? Turned on a TV lately?

Your point is taken. Though, I do wonder why some people find being called racists so disdainful, when that is truly what they are. Many are embracing that. Wasn't that part of the Trump phenomenon...its' okay to be an !@#$, "because our guy won"?

As for Obama's "condescension" about God and guns, take it that way, but the comment was taken out of context to some extent, and he was right. When Obama made that comment, he was actually expressing empathy for people that are scared of change...they cling to the things that make them most comfortable. In my opinion, Trump knows he was right too... and he is banking on it for re-election. As lousy as Trvmp has been since taking office, there has been a noticeable amped up nastiness in the tenor of his public comments the last week or two...he is in full early campaign mode now. And he is there, for a reason.

This.

People hate change.

Is this a first. The Boy Scouts apologizing for the actions of the POTUS.

Yikes!

Probably could have just summed it up:

"Sorry everybody, we made a mistake, this is what happens when you invite a reality star that lived his whole life in a sewer devoid of any redeeming values."

"Scouts, don't act like this buffoon"

That's basically the message they sent.

Somewhere Gerald Ford weeps.

Many more people hate change than want to admit it. Like all those who voted for Hillary.

I love change. Raise our taxes.

Is this a first. The Boy Scouts apologizing for the actions of the POTUS.

Yikes!

Probably could have just summed it up:

"Sorry everybody, we made a mistake, this is what happens when you invite a reality star that lived his whole life in a sewer devoid of any redeeming values."

"Scouts, don't act like this buffoon"

That's basically the message they sent.

Somewhere Gerald Ford weeps.

I love change. Raise our taxes.

But he's a guy who always wanted a purple heart even though he took 5 deferments from Service in Vietnam with a bull **** foot injury excuse. Oh yeah, he could have been drafted by the Yankees even though he had a bum foot. B-)

But he's a guy who always wanted a purple heart even though he took 5 deferments from Service in Vietnam with a bull **** foot injury excuse. Oh yeah, he could have been drafted by the Yankees even though he had a bum foot. B-)

Hanging out @ Studio 54 and banging hot Russian chicks will have to do!

Exactly. Unfortunately, the Bernie Sanders progressive wing of the party appears to be the side that understood that during election season and even warned the Hillary campaign about it. They didn't listen because they had to please their corporate donors so they tried to win on bashing Trump and identity politics (while turning their backs on the white working class). They also relied on state polling that is historically inaccurate compared to national polls. Hillary's first sign of trouble should of been Sanders shocking win in Michigan when the polls had her winning that state by double digits. Your ruse is up corporate democrats and either change the way you do business or you'll continue to lose.

platitudes. You're so good at them.

I imagine your life to be stellar. High achiever. Etc.

The one thing that's funny. No one questioned Obama's service. Why? Because he wasn't born here and we all know it and that's why he could serve in the military.

God you're such a gullible little dude who believes everything you read on the internet. #cnn just tweeted. Hurry up!

platitudes. You're so good at them.

I imagine your life to be stellar. High achiever. Etc.

The one thing that's funny. No one questioned Obama's service. Why? Because he wasn't born here and we all know it and that's why he could serve in the military.

God you're such a gullible little dude who believes everything you read on the internet. #cnn just tweeted. Hurry up!

He was 14 when the Vietnam War ended and their hasn't been a draft ever since. Where's your proof that Obama wasn't born here when you speak of being gullible? Seems like you're a pot calling the kettle black.

I used to be against intelligence tests as a condition of having children, but lately I've been having second thoughts.

I used to be against intelligence tests as a condition of having children, but lately I've been having second thoughts.

whats your point?

i don't have any kids. at least to my knowledge. and my intelligence is remarkably high, dumby.

Edited by Boyst62