The Tyrod Taylor Question

I saw an interesting quote from Charles Clay after practice yesterday which runs contrary to what we frequently hear from the QB experts on TBD.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-3-things-to-know-from-Day-14-at-Bills-Camp/7cce62c2-5156-4540-bf23-97f4f80a8ac9

Clay knows best.

And Preston Brown said "Coach took care of us when we need to be taken care of."

What does that mean? Is that a sexual reference?

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he turned off the lights in the locker room, fired up some candles, put on some Barry White and had the ice tubs filled with strawberry champagne.

I don't know if this thread is gonna make it to 100 pages if things get that mellow......

The things he needs to improve in cant be taught, and has been in the game long enough to prove that he is what he is! i'm talking throwing with anticipation, seeing the field and throwing over the middle and being quick and decisive. I believe the game is to fast for him and he offsets his weaknesses with his running ability. I'm sorry but if your thinking about taking a quarterback high next year put the kid in there and see what he's got!!!! because he shows he has that natural ability and if he shows promise then focus the draft in other areas.

The things he needs to improve in cant be taught, and has been in the game long enough to prove that he is what he is! i'm talking throwing with anticipation, seeing the field and throwing over the middle and being quick and decisive. I believe the game is to fast for him and he offsets his weaknesses with his running ability. I'm sorry but if your thinking about taking a quarterback high next year put the kid in there and see what he's got!!!! because he shows he has that natural ability and if he shows promise then focus the draft in other areas.

As I always remind myself, when my team's QB stinks for a few series/quarters/years and then suddenly he strikes for 3 passes in a row over the middle with ease for 5 or 6 yards...

IT"S NOW A PREVENT D GARBAGETIME SITUATION...

bla bla bla

Do people with a post count of less then 100 ever get tired of repeating the same old hyperbowl over and over

The things he needs to improve in cant be taught, and has been in the game long enough to prove that he is what he is! i'm talking throwing with anticipation, seeing the field and throwing over the middle and being quick and decisive.

Are guys like Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan born with these abilities? They NEVER had to learn them? Even in high school or peewee football?

How exactly do you know they CAN'T be learned or improved on?

If it's a hunch, that's cool. But you type it like it's a fact. Which is it?

Edited by reddogblitz

Are guys like Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan born with these abilities? They NEVER had to learn them? Even in high school or peewee football?

It's as close to fact as it could possibly be.

Those Qb's you mentioned could do all the fundamental things in regards to passing since at least college...probably even before that.

TT still can't do it, and has been in the league six seasons.

There's always a chance that somehow the light magically comes on, but I would like those odds to Powerball or myself marrying Kate Upton.

He is what he is, and his limitations will always have people arguing against him, just like his athleticism and deep ball will keep some enamoured.

Well, we could look at Matt Ryan's second year starting as an example : 451-263, 58.3%, 2,916 yds, 6.5 ypa, 22 touchdowns & 14 interceptions, a QB rating of 80.9

Taylor's : 436-269, 61.7%, 3,023 yds, 6.9 ypa, 17 touchdowns & 06 interceptions, a QB rating of 89.7

Heck, maybe Matt has learned a thing or two...........

Those Qb's you mentioned could do all the fundamental things in regards to passing since at least college...probably even before that.

Hell, while we're at it, let's look at Matt Ryan's first year starting : 434-265, 61.1%, 3440 yds, 7.9 ypa, 16 touchdowns & 11 interceptions, a QB rating of 87.7

Taylor's : 380-242, 63.7%, 3,035 yds, 8.0 ypa, 20 touchdowns & 6 interceptions, a QB rating of 99.4

Crusher surely is right. It looks like Ryan was pretty good from the get-go......

Edited by grb

Well, we could look at Matt Ryan's second year starting as an example : 451-263, 58.3%, 2,916 yds, 6.5 ypa, 22 touchdowns & 14 interceptions, a QB rating of 80.9

Taylor's : 436-269, 61.7%, 3,023 yds, 6.9 ypa, 17 touchdowns & 06 interceptions, a QB rating of 89.7

Hell, while we're at it, let's look at Matt Ryan's first year starting : 434-265, 61.1%, 3440 yds, 7.9 ypa, 16 touchdowns & 11 interceptions, a QB rating of 87.7

Taylor's : 380-242, 63.7%, 3,035 yds, 8.0 ypa, 20 touchdowns & 6 interceptions, a QB rating of 99.4

Crusher surely is right. It looks like Ryan was pretty good from the get-go......

The tired arguement you will get here is when the clock starts.....crusher will simply present the arguement that TT has been in the league so even if he was shining a bench with his ass they count

My arguement is....regardless of years in the league QBs mature at different rates.....Alex Smith looked like he was going to be a bust and ended up carving out a decent NFL career for himself.

Tyrod Taylor is not those qbs that are mentioned because he is not a franchise qb and probably will never be more then a solid starter........but the lengths that certain poster's go to slam him are down right horrible

I believe the game is to fast for him and he offsets his weaknesses with his running ability.

We might as well continue the Matt Ryan comparison :

In his first and second years starting Ryan added 104 yds rushing for a 1.9 ypr (1st), and 49 yds rushing for a 1.6 ypr. (2nd)

His first and second years starting Taylor added 568 yds rushing for a 5.5 ypr (1st), and 580 yds rushing for a 6.1 ypr (2nd)

But of course since Taylor's passing numbers were just a little better than Matt Ryan's, obviously those extra rushing yards were only to "offset" Tyrod Taylor's "weaknesses" in passing, right?

Edited by grb

I mean, Matt Ryan was a rookie and 2nd year player and not a veteran entering his 5th and 6th year respectively.

I remember when these same kinds of comparisons came out when it was EJ who was starting and people needed to cling to whatever hope they had left. It was foolish then and it's foolish now.

Edited by Bangarang

At what point do you expect a man will have these skills. After 6-8 years in the NFL?

You can go through college without learning to throw, I guess you can continue this into the NFL for 6-8 years as well?

Edited by row_33