Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Boldin wants $3M guaranteed to sign, you're okay with that?

Cap space carries over, just like extra draft picks, when you hope you are building not just for this season

Thank You

Again, just cause there are no other suiters does not mean he will play for vet minimum

The future for the Bills should be yesterday.

The future for the Bills should be yesterday.

whats done is done..stupid followed up by stupid does not make smart. Boldin for much more than vet minimum is stupid in my mind, love it at vet minimum and carry cap space over to next year.

Jeez, think is guy was 27

what is Beane"s approach? enlighten me

You are more than welcome to watch the same press conferences I did. Also look up how he went about business in the role he held in Carolina...

Unless Google or the bills website doesn't work for you.

Said this at his press conference:

"We have to draft well," Beane said. "We have to. The CBA is set up that you have to draft well. We have to develop through the draft and in a perfect world, we retain them all. Now, again, the cap doesn't allow you to retain every single player, but the guys you draft, you shape them immediately for your culture. They don't come in here as a free agent having been on two or three different teams. You shape them exactly how you want them, and they lead everybody else -- the free agents that you bring, guys from off the street. I think if you do that model, that's your best foundation for success, and not just having a free agent spending spree"

ok.. so.. why bother to bring free agents in.. just draft well. even though you havent been here since the start of the offseason. i am not being argumentative . and you are absolutelyt correct with what was said, and i am sure his take .. my only problem is why bring these guys in i e :boldin, maclin, if you arent going to be serious , not saying that arent, but why quibble over dollars and years with older vets. just make the deal.

I want to win with youth from here on out as this team needs to build the right way. No need for Boldin until we have a legit shot at playoffs.

You don't think that we have a legit shot that the playoffs? If we didn't squander a lead with a minute to go Christmas Eve we would be a playoff team. A championship team, no, but a playoff team, certainly. Edited by Kirby Jackson

ok.. so.. why bother to bring free agents in.. just draft well. even though you havent been here since the start of the offseason. i am not being argumentative . and you are absolutelyt correct with what was said, and i am sure his take .. my only problem is why bring these guys in i e :boldin, maclin, if you arent going to be serious , not saying that arent, but why quibble over dollars and years with older vets. just make the deal.

Maclin, like I said, I could see, but not Boldin. This is an area of need, even though some disagree.

I want to win with youth from here on out as this team needs to build the right way. No need for Boldin until we have a legit shot at playoffs.

Signing Boldin doesn't take the Bills from a 6 win team to a 10 win team. I don't see a need for him either, let the young guys play and learn.

Maclin, like I said, I could see, but not Boldin. This is an area of need, even though some disagree.

in total, i agree with you and everyone not aboard with throwing money at older vets.. my only question is why bother? you know the "product" for lack of a better term, both parties have a figure, and both parties feel they are bargaining from an advantage.. just feel it should be easy if the interest is genuine,

The problem is we dont know that this is a 6 win team

Just because its the vegas line does not make it so

The Bills have averaged 7.5 wins over the past four seasons -- with crappy coaching. I think we can reasonably assume this is a 6-9 win team before even considering the new coaching staff.

Please don't take like I'm being snarky because I'm not trying to be....but it seems you feel the Bills need to have a 100% sign rate with free agents who visit.

We signed several free agents this offseason....just not all of them.

If OBD is turning into the frugal Bills, they better be the best drafters in the NFL, for an organization staring at 18 years of no playoffs. Now that's not on the new regime, but it isn't a good sign for the fanbase not to get Boldin in here. Maclin, who had other suiters, I can see, but not this one.

An aging vet where there appears no other suiters for. A need area for this roster. Plenty of money under the cap. Sorry, can't see this one unless he failed a physical or something like that.

How do you know Boldin even wanted to sign here? How do you know what he was asking for, money wise? We don't know that there are no other suitors for him, either. We don't even know if he passed his physical...

All the reports I seen said that his first choice is to sign in Detroit still, and IIRC I believe I also seen something about if not that he wanted to play somewhere down south (FL I believe). I also believe I read something about how he was waiting until closer to training camp to sign, in order to be able to skip a lot of the offseason workouts and OTA's etc. (but I'm not sure on that).

This could have just been one of those visits his agent set up in order to drum up interest for Boldin or put pressure on Detroit (or some other team they've had talks with).

The signing could still happen yet anyway. All I'm saying is that we know absolutely nothing of the situation, or how the visit went or if he/they felt he was a fit etc etc etc. so to put this as a negative against Beane is a stretch IMO.

Like I said in my other post, there's still plenty of time yet to add a WR before the season, and it clearly looks like that's something the Bills will try to do. I like that they're not willing to just throw money away though. It's not like we are 1 veteran WR away from being a contender. This is likely a transition year, as the new staff installs all the new schemes and figures out which players fit the new regime.

Unused cap space rolls over, too. With some of the bloated contracts the Bills have, and their place in the standings, they're not in a position to just arbitrarily spend to the cap.

The Bills have averaged 7.5 wins over the past four seasons -- with crappy coaching. I think we can reasonably assume this is a 6-9 win team before even considering the new coaching staff.

As we saw last season with Miami, the Bills could have won both games and have been the WC. IF OBD is taking your approach with this roster, then we will never see this drought end. Always upgrade at an area of need if you can.

in total, i agree with you and everyone not aboard with throwing money at older vets.. my only question is why bother? you know the "product" for lack of a better term, both parties have a figure, and both parties feel they are bargaining from an advantage.. just feel it should be easy if the interest is genuine,

You or I or anyone on this board knows what's going on on these visits outside of facility tours.

We don't know what's going on behind the closed doors or what's being talked about.