Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

It's not like we're asking him to come in and be the deep threat. I'll take 8.7 yards on 3rd & 8 or 3rd & goal from the 8 every time. Who cares if he won't do much after the catch if the catch is for a first down or touchdown?

Agreed.

He's older, he's slower, and I couldn't careless about the mentoring...and he'd be tied for the third best receiver on this team with Holmes, behind Sammy and Zay and THAT'S what makes him valuable. One or two guys go down and we don't have to panick at the position.

Edit: if Bolding catches 36 balls for this team, without any drop off in other receiver numbers, then I am fine with it.

I could really live with Sammy at 76, Zay at 56, and Holmes and Bolding at 80 between them. Roughly 13-14 receptions per game for the receivers would be a nice change for this team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you didn't answer the first time, accusing me of making something up, when the article states what I said. ESPN's Graziano must be in on this "crusade" because he's the one who reported this.

Blocked!!!

It's not like we're asking him to come in and be the deep threat. I'll take 8.7 yards on 3rd & 8 or 3rd & goal from the 8 every time. Who cares if he won't do much after the catch if the catch is for a first down or touchdown?

This. 8.7 yard catches > 3 and outs.

Blocked!!!

This. 8.7 yard catches > 3 and outs.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-receiving-first-downs-and-first-down-percentage/2016/

To the point, 41 of Boldin's 67 catches led to 1st downs in 2016. He'd be an excellent pickup to help sustain offense.

Boldin is likely the only player i would consider at that age,,, but remember the cuts this year will be all at once ,a lot of surprise names are likely to appear that day , a bunch of wrs were drafted this year , some vets receivers is going to be looking for new teams

Boldin is likely the only player i would consider at that age,,, but remember the cuts this year will be all at once ,a lot of surprise names are likely to appear that day , a bunch of wrs were drafted this year , some vets receivers is going to be looking for new teams

true but WR is usually not the kind of position you want to pick up and add to the team at that point right before the season, if he's never worked in the offense or with the QB. WRs are built on chemistry and reps.

Typically the latest you would want to add a WR you expect to contribute would be now.

File this away for if he doesn't sign here and the thread shifts to where we need to convince ourselves we didn't want him anyway :)

@nickveronica

One thing I read on Boldin this wk: Of 132 qualifying WR/TE, Boldin ranked 7th-lowest in average targeted air yards last season. Low YAC too

Also - has anyone looked into where his wife is from? This info was egregiously overlooked last time around with maclin and could have saved us several pages of pining.

I'm going to forgo the low yards per reception and YAC for the 8 touchdowns he scored. And leadership he could provide. And potential to get that third round comp pick.

Edited by Doc

I'm going to forgo the low yards per reception and YAC for the 8 touchdowns he scored. And leadership he could provide. And potential to get that third round comp pick.

i read that at this point in his career he's a reliable possession WR, almost like a WR/TE hybrid. Which would be fine with me. Sammy across from Boldin, Zay in slot, Clay and Boldin can move around. McCoy can be used in passing game too. Holmes/Streeter and Philly Brown as depth WR, O'Leary too. Edited by YoloinOhio

I would vote no ,develop the WRs we now have.

Just a thought but wouldn't a consumate proffesional help develop the WR's we have now?

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-receiving-first-downs-and-first-down-percentage/2016/

To the point, 41 of Boldin's 67 catches led to 1st downs in 2016. He'd be an excellent pickup to help sustain offense.

Thats production I'll take! Him in the slot as a chain mover/blocker, sammy and Zay outside, with Clay in the fold on 3rd n long would spread the defense enough to move the chains with Tyrods legs if anything else.

If this happens, look for Shady to have about 400 yds receiving on screens this year. That will be fun to watch!

Edited by BuffAlone

INGREDIENTS

1 pound fresh asparagus

2 Tablespoons olive oil

3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

2 Garlic Cloves, minced

salt and pepper

Prepare asparagus and trim the bottoms. Lay the asparagus in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss in the olive oil.

Lay the asparagus on the grill in a row. Grill for 5-10 minutes over medium high heat until they have char marks and are fork tender. Remove asparagus and place back in the pan. Toss with garlic and parmesan cheese. Serve.

*You can also grill the asparagus in foil if desired.

Try adding some balsamic to the pan before fully cooked.

File this away for if he doesn't sign here and the thread shifts to where we need to convince ourselves we didn't want him anyway :)

@nickveronica

One thing I read on Boldin this wk: Of 132 qualifying WR/TE, Boldin ranked 7th-lowest in average targeted air yards last season. Low YAC too

Also - has anyone looked into where his wife is from? This info was egregiously overlooked last time around with maclin and could have saved us several pages of pining.

"Belgrade, Florida" in the article below, which looks to be Belle Glade, Florida upon further googling.

Looking at Maps, closest to Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville, in that order. Let's hope he does not become Anquan Bol-Phin.

http://www.wagsredefined.com/blog/2016/09/13/featured-wags-dionne-boldin-wife-mother-philanthropist-gamechanger

Not sure this has much bearing though given that they (again according to the article) have been together since high school, went to college together, and he's played in Arizona, Baltimore, and Detroit.

Regardless, I can see him as the guy that Taylor finds while scrambling last second because Boldin just knows where to be.

Are people just trolling with this yawning / no interest BS? Or is this board full of 19 yeas olds? Boldin is a beast. The guy put up 8 TDs last season and has been voted man of the year before. We have a young WR corps that needs depth and veteran leadership. This is an absolutely perfect fit.

I feel like the same people dismissing this move would be drooling over signing some 23 year old practice squad track star...

I would love this! One of my favorite players. He was slow when he was young so age doesn't really hurt his game. We need more tough guys.

That said, I always worry these vet WRs just us for leverage. Hopefully, they can make happen. There would be zero excuses then for averaging 200 yards passing.

I would love this! One of my favorite players. He was slow when he was young so age doesn't really hurt his game. We need more tough guys.

That said, I always worry these vet WRs just us for leverage. Hopefully, they can make happen. There would be zero excuses then for averaging 200 yards passing.

....what kind of deal would you offer him?.............

And Zay Jones. Always good to have a hard working and accomplished vet for the young 'uns

Maybe best not to have those expectations of Boldin. He will be around for critical downs, helping TT, mentoring the younger WRs

Yep !

I pushed for him the last two years on the other board. As of now, it looks like only Buffalo is interested in him, and I hope it stays that way.