Cousins reportedly won't be re-signing in Washington

@rapsheet

Barring the unforeseen, there's a strong indication #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins will play his tag out, sources say. Both sides are OK with it.

I'm thinking this is good for the Bills when it comes to QBs I the draft because imo he will be headed to SF. That would take them out of the top QBs picture. It puts Washington into the top QB picture, but their pick will likely be lower than SF's.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange for Washington but not for Cousins to be a FA. He must be asking more then the team will give.

I still think Washington signs him. Franchise QBs are a dime a dozen, not.

he wanted to be the highest paid QB and after the Skins stopped laughing and saw he was serious they were like ok bye. he's just not worth it, i don't care what the market says. no way i would give Kirk Cousins the highest contract in the NFL. so add Washington to the list of teams that will be drafting a QB this year. good chance Darnold stays in school and now they are saying Rosen might too. hopefully 49ers go after Cousins because the crop of QB's might not be as good as we were all hoping

@rapsheet

Barring the unforeseen, there's a strong indication #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins will play his tag out, sources say. Both sides are OK with it.

I'm thinking this is good for the Bills when it comes to QBs I the draft because imo he will be headed to SF. That would take them out of the top QBs picture. It puts Washington into the top QB picture, but their pick will likely be lower than SF's.

I'm also hearing a reunion with Shanny Jr might be his next move.

less competition at the bottom

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

he wanted to be the highest paid QB and after the Skins stopped laughing and saw he was serious they were like ok bye. he's just not worth it, i don't care what the market says. no way i would give Kirk Cousins the highest contract in the NFL. so add Washington to the list of teams that will be drafting a QB this year. good chance Darnold stays in school and now they are saying Rosen might too. hopefully 49ers go after Cousins because the crop of QB's might not be as good as we were all hoping

Don't buy this at all. If they perform and are considered top 5 picks, they are coming out. Too many times, lately, QBs have stayed another year and seen their stock fall. If I'm a QB and I know regardless of where I'm selected there is less than a 50/50 chance I become a "franchise" QB, I leave school to maximize my first contract. Never know what I'm getting out of the second contract at that position.

Edited by Mark80

@rapsheet

I think pretty much everyone has figured he would want to follow Shanahan out to SF since he got that job. I would play it out under the tender as well. With his salary this year that gives him almost 45 mill in the last two. That's not a bad haul. :thumbsup:

I think pretty much everyone has figured he would want to follow Shanahan out to SF since he got that job. I would play it out under the tender as well. With his salary this year that gives him almost 45 mill in the last two. That's not a bad haul. :thumbsup:

Yep, and for prolly close to what the Skins were offering him guaranteed last year...smart man.

Yep, and for prolly close to what the Skins were offering him guaranteed last year...smart man.

And if he were to get tagged again, highly unlikely, it would cost the Skins 30 mill next year. That would be 75 mill in 3 years. Cousins holds all of the cards and is playing his hand the way he should.

Edited by H2o

Tyrod has a solid year and we trade him for a second. We sign cousins as a fa. Use two firsts and extra second for a lot of talent Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we sign Cousins in FA I highly doubt we could get anything for Tyrod. People would know he is on his way out and just wait for him to be cut.

Don't buy this at all. If they perform and are considered top 5 picks, they are coming out. Too many times, lately, QBs have stayed another year and seen their stock fall. If I'm a QB and I know regardless of where I'm selected there is less than a 50/50 chance I become a "franchise" QB, I leave school to maximize my first contract. Never know what I'm getting out of the second contract at that position.

Andrew Luck stayed in school another year. It could very easily happen.

Washington may be dum willing to trade a 1st and 2nd for Cousins

Actually, there's a surprisingly amount of ambivalence in Washington about Cousins - not only in management over a gargantuan price tag, but with the fan base as well. Sure he has numbers, but a lot of fans still think he lacks that magical "it" quarterbacks are supposed to have. Some people have been disappointed with him long stretches of a season, such as the beginning of last year. Some say the talent around him inflated his production. Of course much of this has to do with the first few years of his career when Cousins was atrociously bad - getting benched at one point in favor of Colt McCoy. He's played very well the past two seasons, but Washington still held off - never completely convinced what they have, Of course, logically speaking Washington now must get it done; the odds of replacing Cousins with equal talent are extremely small. But the arm's length attitude of management might have soured the relationship beyond repair.

Edited by grb

Actually, there's a surprisingly amount of ambivalence in Washington about Cousins - not only in management over a gargantuan price tag, but with the fan base as well. Sure he has numbers, but a lot of fans still think he lacks that magical "it" quarterbacks are supposed to have. Some people have been disappointed with him long stretches of a season, such as the beginning of last year. Some say the talent around him inflated his production. Of course much of this has to do with the first few years of his career when Cousins was atrociously bad - getting benched at one point in favor of Colt McCoy. He's played very well the past two seasons, but Washington still held off - never completely convinced what they have, Of course, logically speaking Washington now must get it done; the odds of replacing Cousins with equal talent are extremely small. But the arm's length attitude of management might have soured the relationship beyond repair.

Yeah, I've heard something similar. I know a lot of their fans think his numbers are inflated due to garbage time. But I did get to see him first hand tear us up in 2015.