Q about getting to airport after game at New Era...

eball

I haven't tried to fly back home the night after a game in a while...is a 6:15 p.m. Sunday evening flight doable without leaving the game early? I have TSA pre-check so security will be a breeze and I wouldn't be checking a bag.

If this helps, I flew in and out of Buffalo a few weeks ago. They (TSA) finally have their sh** together at the airport and lines move smoothly and quickly. In my case, my Gate was all the to the back of the airport. That took longer to reach than pre-screen did.

I've never flown out after a same day Bills game either, but Sundays are typically the least traveled day. I'd hate to leave a game early -ya never know how they'll end. I'd recommend parking as close to the main road as possible, so when you reach the car, you're close enough to get out.

Virtually impossible without leaving the game early. 8:15 maybe.

It is not impossible. Park in lot 5. Get to your car as fast as you can right after the game. Once you get past California your in the clear. You could take transit road all the way to the airport. I live in south Lancaster & it only takes me about 25 minutes to get home after a game. I mean he is going to have to hustle but it is definitely doable.

They're supposed to have an Uber station at the stadium too, right?

That was definitely part of the announcement of the Uber/Bills partnership, drop-off and pick-up zones at the stadium. But I got the season ticket package in the mail this weekend (I know you cancelled yours), and couldn't find any information about it. I thought they would label those zones on the parking map, but no dice.

It is not impossible. Park in lot 5. Get to your car as fast as you can right after the game. Once you get past California your in the clear. You could take transit road all the way to the airport. I live in south Lancaster & it only takes me about 25 minutes to get home after a game. I mean he is going to have to hustle but it is definitely doable.

I'll give away a secret here about getting out of lot 5 fast. Its about WHERE you park in that lot. Enter the lot from Southwestern (heading south) in the far left lane. Turn left after paying, then immediately turn left into one of the first 3 rows of parking. Park as close as you can to the guard rail, facing Abbott Road. It's a pretty easy out.

I haven't tried to fly back home the night after a game in a while...is a 6:15 p.m. Sunday evening flight doable without leaving the game early? I have TSA pre-check so security will be a breeze and I wouldn't be checking a bag.

Its really close; you're likely going to need to leave the game early.

This has more to do with the traffic leaving the game and less to do with getting thru security at the airport...

Imho, unless you leave early there is no way you are making that flight. I've been stuck in the parking lots there for an hour and a half at times before we even got out...add in at least a 25-30 minute drive in good traffic conditions and I just don't see it...unless you park well away from the stadium and walk there to be able to leave quicker.

I'll give away a secret here about getting out of lot 5 fast. Its about WHERE you park in that lot. Enter the lot from Southwestern (heading south) in the far left lane. Turn left after paying, then immediately turn left into one of the first 3 rows of parking. Park as close as you can to the guard rail, facing Abbott Road. It's a pretty easy out.

Yep we have been doing that for years. Key is you got to get as close to the guard rail as you can. If you get buried in the back, you will be waiting a long time. Long as you get there early it is not a problem.

unless you park well away from the stadium and walk there to be able to leave quicker.

This. I've made that flight several times. I parked out at the far lot of ECC and walked quickly after the game. Not running, just walking with a purpose. Unless the game goes to OT you'll be fine. Of course if it's a blow out you should just leave early to be safe.

In terms of route, I turned left out of ECC onto Southwestern, right onto Brompton, right onto McKinley, right into the first McKinley Mall entrance, cut through the parking lot up to the light, turn left and use the light to cross over McKinley into the other parking lot on the other side, turn right and cut through the parking lot all the way around to the Home Depot. Use the light at Home Depot to turn left onto Milestrip, right onto the Thruway and the hard work is finished. Get out in the left lane and put your foot down.

I'm not normally a guy who advocates cutting through parking lots but getting to the airport is a special circumstance.

Edited by That's No Moon

This. I've made that flight several times. I parked out at the far lot of ECC and walked quickly after the game. Not running, just walking with a purpose. Unless the game goes to OT you'll be fine. Of course if it's a blow out you should just leave early to be safe.

In terms of route, I turned left out of ECC onto Southwestern, right onto Brompton, right onto McKinley, right into the first McKinley Mall entrance, cut through the parking lot up to the light, turn left and use the light to cross over McKinley into the other parking lot on the other side, turn right and cut through the parking lot all the way around to the Home Depot. Use the light at Home Depot to turn left onto Milestrip, right onto the Thruway and the hard work is finished. Get out in the left lane and put your foot down.

I'm not normally a guy who advocates cutting through parking lots but getting to the airport is a special circumstance.

Damn...you got this down to a science! Nice!!!

That is an excellent route choice right there.......bravo.

This has more to do with the traffic leaving the game and less to do with getting thru security at the airport...

Imho, unless you leave early there is no way you are making that flight. I've been stuck in the parking lots there for an hour and a half at times before we even got out...add in at least a 25-30 minute drive in good traffic conditions and I just don't see it...unless you park well away from the stadium and walk there to be able to leave quicker.

No offense but if you park in lot 5 & have been stuck in traffic for an hour and half you don't know the secrets. Like the previous poster says, leave right after the game, hustle to your car & park as close to you can to the guardrail in the middle. You will be out of the lot in 5 minutes. I do it every home game.

can we pin this somewhere or keep it specially placed?