NBA 2017-18

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was bound to come to an end at some point... but just watching them fight back to within 6 at the end... I can’t say enough about Brad Stevens. He’s just an amazing coach. 

Yes.  I don't follow college basketball closely at all..when they first hired Stevens, I was a little skeptical...he looks like he is 15.  But he knows what strings to pull, he's not a cocky jerk, and the players seem to like him a lot.  Of course, having Irving doesn't hurt...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game tonight.  Had to choose between the NBA or NHL package...I was sure he Sabres were going to be competitive, so I pulled the trigger on Center Ice...now I can't sit through a whole Sabres game....also, when I checked the NBA schedule, the Celtics had 34 nationally televised games this year...likely more if they they are good...

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yes.  I don't follow college basketball closely at all..when they first hired Stevens, I was a little skeptical...he looks like he is 15.  But he knows what strings to pull, he's not a cocky jerk, and the players seem to like him a lot.  Of course, having Irving doesn't hurt...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game tonight.  Had to choose between the NBA or NHL package...I was sure he Sabres were going to be competitive, so I pulled the trigger on Center Ice...now I can't sit through a whole Sabres game....also, when I checked the NBA schedule, the Celtics had 34 nationally televised games this year...likely more if they they are good...

I pray for the Sabres. I thank God for the Celtics. I love both. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2017 at 10:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It was bound to come to an end at some point... but just watching them fight back to within 6 at the end... I can’t say enough about Brad Stevens. He’s just an amazing coach. 

We'll see when teams really show up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Porzingis out 3 weeks at best! We were barely scratching playoffs with him. Not to mention he was in the mvp discussion. So.. bills in the playoff hunt is my only solace right now

Holy #@$!, another Knicks fan here?

I have had zero faith for a while now... Dolan is the biggest turd. Chris Dudley?!?!?! Letting Spree walk?!?!?!? NOT building a team around Melo?!?!?!

Our franchise hasn't been the same since Van Gundy, and it hurts my heart... Phil has been a complete and utter failure. Idiots.

I was running out of hope until this season. KP is something else.

Phil was the worst. Love Melo, but him and KP didn't seem to gel. Now that it's KP's team I'm more excited than I've been since Melo in the playoffs. Definitely a Hornacek fan.

My biggest beef is giving Tim Hardaway Jr. max contract, he's playing alright and all. But man, you don't think Lebron or some other top dollar free agent would jump ship to play with KP after this year? Tim's taking that cap away.

If Ntilikina improves (wanted/still want Dennis Smith Jr, so bad), and he looks pretty decent tbh.. I'm excited to see him, KP, Kanter playing together for the next few years and maybe a splash FA signing.

False alarm. Geez it looked bad but KP missed 2 games.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Buftex said:

Thank god for the Celtics.  My other teams (Bills, Sabres) are almost unwatchable.

yes but your fellow fans are Boston scum.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Best news a player gets these days is 2 weeks off from the meaningless rat race of the regular season.

Eh, the Knicks need every game. Rat race for the 8 seed in the East with a 500 record to get knocked out by the Celtics.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Eh, the Knicks need every game. Rat race for the 8 seed in the East with a 500 record to get knocked out by the Celtics.

Yup, the rat race is real for teams that are trying to get 8th spot.  It means nothing to Steph or Kawhi to bother coming back before they are 100% ready.

But you are still watching a team that is hoping to get 8th spot.

It's not much fun in Toronto as we watch them play for the right to get bounced in the 2nd round again.