Report: 24 yr old LB Zach Orr to come out of retirement

Just saw this on NFLN:

2nd team All Pro LB Zach Orr retired from Ravens after last season because he was told he was born with a rare medical condition that could seriously impact his health if he kept playing (lead to paralysis if hit). Never filed retirement paperwork though and was set to become a RFA. Ravens never tendered him since he announced he was retiring. Since then he's received news from doctors that he is at no bigger risk than anyone else. Now he's a UFA and can sign anywhere. Just needs cleared by team doctor. He was live on Good Morning Football talking about it.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817698/article/zach-orr-considering-returning-to-nfl-after-new-health-prognosis?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=team%3dbal%3bconf%3dafc%3bdvsn%3dacn&sr=amp

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on NFLN:

2nd team All Pro LB Zach Orr retired from Ravens after last season because he was told he was born with a rare medical condition that could seriously impact his health if he kept playing (lead to paralysis if hit). Never filed retirement paperwork though and was set to become a RFA. Ravens never tendered him since he announced he was retiring. Since then he's received news from doctors that he is at no bigger risk than anyone else. Now he's a UFA and can sign anywhere. Just needs cleared by team doctor. He was live on Good Morning Football talking about it.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817698/article/zach-orr-considering-returning-to-nfl-after-new-health-prognosis?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=team%3dbal%3bconf%3dafc%3bdvsn%3dacn&sr=amp

I figured you were going to write that he had already signed with the evil empire...does he fit our scheme?

The Bills would be wise to make an offer, but I see him signing with the Giants, or the Raiders. Maybe the Saints or Colts, but they would be in the same boat as the Bills. A young guy like this would most likely jump on a contending squad.

The Bills would be wise to make an offer, but I see him signing with the Giants, or the Raiders. Maybe the Saints or Colts, but they would be in the same boat as the Bills. A young guy like this would most likely jump on a contending squad.

i thought of it differently in that a young guy would go where he could make the most gtd money, especially given his situation. I always think of the aging, ringless vets who try to jump on to a team appearing ready to contend for the SB.

I figured you were going to write that he had already signed with the evil empire...does he fit our scheme?

Our DC came from Baltimore - he was their secondary coach but would have specific knowledge of him as a player and scheme fit, also probably has connections to know more about the medical. I wonder why Ravens didn't at least put him on a reserve list if they knew he was continuing to get medical opinions. To completely relinquish their rights to a 24 yr old 2nd team all pro is curious. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm intrigued by this young man, why not try and bring him in. Young talent to compete with what we have, and so far that is a big ??? Unfortunately I have a feeling B-lo is not at the top of his list, but you never know!

I'm intrigued by this young man, why not try and bring him in. Young talent to compete with what we have, and so far that is a big ??? Unfortunately I have a feeling B-lo is not at the top of his list, but you never know!

I think what we are missing is Orr isn't a guy that would come here to compete with the other guys. He's our top LB by a lot the day that he walks through the door. That's why he's intriguing (to every team). We have plenty of "guys" that can play. When you can add a star, you try to.

i thought of it differently in that a young guy would go where he could make the most gtd money, especially given his situation. I always think of the aging, ringless vets who try to jump on to a team appearing ready to contend for the SB.

Very true! I guess it could go both ways, but money does trump out almost everything for these guys. Just thought in his case, with the medical issue, that he would go for a contender like a 10 year vet would.

You'd think that if the Bills are interested in Orr, that he would look at the role Kuechly played in McDermott's Panthers D and have mutual interest. Especially considering I'm sure he would know that in that scenario, he's easily the best fit for that Mike role

Very true! I guess it could go both ways, but money does trump out almost everything for these guys. Just thought in his case, with the medical issue, that he would go for a contender like a 10 year vet would.

I'd think the opposite. If his career is in serious doubt he's going to grab as much as he can.