2017 worst team ever?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the Bills better get 2 wins over them. Remember, we went 0-2 vs them last season.

Can't count the second game because the Bills quit. But they had better win both this season. If they can't beat this Jets mess, then forget the season.

No way they will be as bad as the expansion Buccaneers.

....LMAO....those creamsicle unis and the late great John McKay's "execution" proclamation..........gotta love it.................

Before the Buccaneers came into existence, weren't the Saints considered the worst team ever in the NFL?

I think I may be the only one that liked those uniforms lol! They should have at least kept the helmet.

They're different but not terrible. Would be nice to see them use them once a year. I mean, I think they're better than the bumble bee unies that the Steelers use.

I miss those uniforms too. I think they still wear them once a year.

Don't think they'll be the worst team ever.

They'll probably go around 5-11 since they still have talent on defense.

They'll be like the 2005 Bills.

Decent defense, no offense.

....but the irony of 2005 is that after Moo's boyz went 9-7 in 2004 and couldn't beat the 3rd string Steelers to break they schneid at 10-6, forecasts cited 2005 club as up and coming....bottom fell out at 5-11....2017>2005 IMO...........

That 1976 Tampa Bay team was the worst I've ever seen. Not only did they go 0-14 in 1976 but they went 0-12 the following year before winning the last two. Granted it was an expansion but I think that was the worst ever.

Their DL is good, but is the rest?

Who did they lose that was that great for them last year? One might argue Harris, but Revis was surely in decline. Anyone else worth mentioning? That team won 4 games. A healthy McCown is better than any QB they had last year as well. IF he can stay healthy I can see them winning 3 or 4 games again on the strength of their defense.

Edited by H2o

Who did they lose that was that great for them last year? One might argue Harris, but Revis was surely in decline. Anyone else worth mentioning? That team won 4 games. A healthy McCown is better than any QB they had last year as well. IF he can stay healthy I can see them winning 3 or 4 games again on the strength of their defense.

They replaced David Harris with Demario Davis, Calvin Pryor with Jamal Adams (Rook), and Darelle Revis with Morris Claiborne. In the other Safety spot they're probably starting another rook in Marcus Maye. I like Adams a lot, but depending on rookies to contribute is always a ?.

DL: L. Williams, S. McClendon, M. Wilkerson, S. Richardson

LB: D. Lee, D. Davis, J Jenkins, B. Carter

S: J. Adams, M. Maye

CB: M. Claiborne, B. Skrine, M. Williams

I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating them, but that doesn't look like a 'good' Defense on paper.

2016 Ranks for Reference:

11th in Yards

28th in Points

21st in DVOA

They are going to be AWFUL but not worst all-time bad. They'll win like 3 games. That offense is an absolute disaster. The defense will be okay but are going to have to have games where they are dominant to get any wins. I can't see how that offense scores 20+ in a game.

They replaced David Harris with Demario Davis, Calvin Pryor with Jamal Adams (Rook), and Darelle Revis with Morris Claiborne. In the other Safety spot they're probably starting another rook in Marcus Maye. I like Adams a lot, but depending on rookies to contribute is always a ?.

I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating them, but that doesn't look like a 'good' Defense on paper.

11th in Yards

28th in Points

21st in DVOA

Two rookie Safties could be something to watch, but I think Adams has Pro Bowl potential even as a rookie. Maye I don't know much about. Calvin Pryor was pretty trash last year so that should be an upgrade. Not sure who their other S was.A healthy Claiborne looked like the lock down CB he was drafted to be by Dallas last year. If he can stay healthy he should be an upgrade over the diminishing Revis. Harris being the QB of the defense is gonna be missed, but Davis is familiar with the system and should be able to step right in. His play might not be on par with Harris, but he should help with the adjustment from the mental standpoint. A lot in their LB group will hinge on whether Darron Lee takes a step forward in his second year. Overall I still can't see where they lost anything outside of Harris that is really that much of a downturn for them. Just my 2.

11th in Yards

28th in Points

21st in DVOA

Pryor sucked. Revis was massively overpaid, and sucked. Harris was also overpaid.

So you believe they will be better, worse, or remain the same as 2016?

Somewhere around 3-6 wins. Decker missed pretty much all of 2016 - so his loss is negligible too. O-line is still alright. Should be able to keep McCown on his feet, and run the ball.

Bowles seems like a solid coach, at least defensively.

Edited by dneveu

Every year he's played, Fitz has had one really good game. Last year it was against the Bills in Buffalo. And Wrecks was his usual stupid, stubborn self -- Fitz kept lobbing high passes to his tall WRs, and our DBs couldn't outjump them, so did Wrecks adjust? Of course not, Wrecks is Wrecks.

Losing to the Jets in the last game of the year was a tactical win. We moved up several places in the draft. Probably they moved down although I haven't checked.

Talent aside, the Jets always play the Bills tough. I am not assuming we get a sweep. But if we lose the first game, it's tank mode all the way. They should trade Shady, cut Taylor and start Jones, and sit Dareus. Oh, and find someone to step on Watkins' other foot.

I don't get it. Is McCown really that much of a downgrade over Fitz?

Let's be honest.. they are both awful. That being the case, the Jets won't be that bad.

If they improved on the defensive side of the ball, they may even be better. And we lost to the Jets when it counted last year!

Let's not overlook these guys. They will better than you think.