Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

Anyone have any luck with getting a deal on ST that wasn't renewing the package? I got DTV in 2015, had the package for that year, and was offered nothing when I cancelled it last year. I was still in a 2 year contract and they had me by the balls and knew it.

I tried to get it half price by saying that I was a Bills STH so it didn't make sense to pay full price for the package when I'm not even home for half the weeks anyway. Got nothing. I was thinking about trying it again, hopefully getting it at half price or maybe the $24.99 x 4 I've seen in here since now I have no contract and can actually threaten to cancel the whole account

you canceled Sunday Ticket last year, but kept DTV, and only been a customer two years. I think you will have a tough time, but worth a shot.

I think you best tactic may be to ask for retention, say because you dropped Sunday Ticket and are out of contract, you are evaluating DirectV Now vs Sling, and you want to see what their best offer is on Now.

Your customer acquisition costs are barely recovered at this point, and your lifetime value as a customer is just starting to get recognized to its potential, and it much, much lower on the Now service. They may throw in the ticket as an incentive to stay on the traditional service if you say that could sway you to stay on the traditional satellite service

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you canceled Sunday Ticket last year, but kept DTV, and only been a customer two years. I think you will have a tough time, but worth a shot.

I think you best tactic may be to ask for retention, say because you dropped Sunday Ticket and are out of contract, you are evaluating DirectV Now vs Sling, and you want to see what their best offer is on Now.

Your customer acquisition costs are barely recovered at this point, and your lifetime value as a customer is just starting to get recognized to its potential, and it much, much lower on the Now service. They may throw in the ticket as an incentive to stay on the traditional service if you say that could sway you to stay on the traditional satellite service

I appreciate the advice. That was my basic game plan, saying that I was evaluating my options and exploring cancellation, throwing in Sunday Ticket as something I like but just isnt affordable and then shooting for half price as the most I'd be willing to pay since I won't be home for half the weeks as it is Edited by JM57

Made the annual call, and here's what they gave me;

- $45/mo off DTV bill ($25 forever for bundled cell service and $20 for the next 12 mos. discretionary discount)

- Free HBO forever

- $20 off cell phone bill (switched to AT&T last year)

- $10/mo. off Sunday Ticket payments ($36.99/mo for 6 mos. instead of $46.99)

- Free upgrade to ST Max ($95 value)

- No need to sign contract

Total savings: $75/mo.

Free stuff: HBO and ST Max

I'm a 17 year customer and I remind them of that annually. I believe the retention dept. is now "customer loyalty". I usually get a much better deal on ST, but with the bundled AT&T cell service, they have much more to work with to reduce costs. I'm happy and with ST Max my 2 sons can alternate watching games of their choices while away at college. :thumbsup:

I think Over the Top delivery is scaring the hell out of the traditional providers...

I called a couple of months ago and wanted to upgrade two of DVRs..long story came with about a 30% overall reduction is costs, and man did their tune change when I started yapping about going to just Sling and a firestick.

Customer value on OTT is about a 1/3rd that of the satellite customers...use it to your advantage.

Edited by plenzmd1

AT&T and DirecTV customer

$25 off AT&T for as long as I'm a customer

$45 off DirecTV for 12 months

$17 off DirecTv for 6 months....covers Sunday Ticket Max

Free HBO for as long as I keep AT&T plan

Other movie channels free for 3 months

AT&T and DirecTV customer

$25 off AT&T for as long as I'm a customer

$45 off DirecTV for 12 months

$17 off DirecTv for 6 months....covers Sunday Ticket Max

Free HBO for as long as I keep AT&T plan

Other movie channels free for 3 months

Hmmm...I'm a Verizon/FIOS (internet/phone) guy and I always use the "FIOS/COX in my neighborhood" routine. Seems like the AT&T folks are getting the better deals which is understandable.

I think Over the Top delivery is scaring the hell out of the traditional providers...

I called a couple of months ago and wanted to upgrade two of DVRs..long story came with about a 30% overall reduction is costs, and man did their tune change when I started yapping about going to just Sling and a firestick.

Customer value on OTT is about a 1/3rd that of the satellite customers...use it to your advantage.

If you have the service plan you get new equipment every 2 years

does anyone know if you get the college kid program does the "local programming" stem from the college location or the location of stream? My cousin who is UB student is in Disney program here in Orlando and he will order if we can watch. I though do not want to order and then find out it is blacked out due to his being UB student.

The "college kid" thing only relates to Sunday Ticket.

If you have the service plan you get new equipment every 2 yearsThey sure don't let you know that though. So used their chat box and asked, I'm eligible for:

They sure don't let you know that though. So I for kicks asked in the chat box about it and found out I'm eligible for :

1. Genie upgrade for 4k + 3 (4k) genies
  2. Up to 4 wireless genies
  3. up to 4 mini genies.

I don't have a 4k or looking to get one soon so not sure what I will do plus not sure if I want to give up leverage for two years. I asked the guy in chat if I could extend my $50 off a month for another year and get free Sunday Ticket, he said he could give me $5 off on HBO for 6 months HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I told him thanks but I can do much better than that I'm sure.

They sure don't let you know that though. So I for kicks asked in the chat box about it and found out I'm eligible for :

1. Genie upgrade for 4k + 3 (4k) genies
  2. Up to 4 wireless genies
  3. up to 4 mini genies.

I don't have a 4k or looking to get one soon so not sure what I will do plus not sure if I want to give up leverage for two years. I asked the guy in chat if I could extend my $50 off a month for another year and get free Sunday Ticket, he said he could give me $5 off on HBO for 6 months HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I told him thanks but I can do much better than that I'm sure.

The newest genie will work with any TV. I have the 4K one and it works fine. Don't need a 4K TV..I think model number is HR54, Also, asked to be transferred to customer loyalty dept. One more thing, if you do have the service plan, when you log in it will say you are eligible for equipment upgrade. Good luck

Edited by nucci

I called and got Sunday ticket Max (had originally said just Sunday Ticket) for $99. On the $50 bucks a month off I'm getting they told me to call back between 8/20 and 9/1 as I have one month left on last years deal. Really it was less painful as usual and I have a lot of equipment offers I could get upgraded but leery to do that for a 2 year contract commitment. no leverage then.

PS.... does anyone know if there is a "extra" fee for 4k receivers since thats a "free" option I have.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I called and got Sunday ticket for $99. On the $50 bucks a month off I'm getting they told me to call back between 8/20 and 9/1 as I have one month left on last years deal. Really it was less painful as usual and I have a lot of equipment offers I could get upgraded but leery to do that for a 2 year contract commitment. no leverage then.

Did you get ST Max for $99?

Go O's!

Did you get ST Max for $99?

Go O's!

Just regular, I really get it for the couple of Bills games our locals don't show and variety on the late games. Maybe I'll ask for that too when I call back next month.

Sadly O's should be sellers Ned. Started 22-10 and then crap

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I called and got Sunday ticket for $99. On the $50 bucks a month off I'm getting they told me to call back between 8/20 and 9/1 as I have one month left on last years deal. Really it was less painful as usual and I have a lot of equipment offers I could get upgraded but leery to do that for a 2 year contract commitment. no leverage then.

PS.... does anyone know if there is a "extra" fee for 4k receivers since thats a "free" option I have.

It shouldn't be, unless you're adding a receiver. They replaced my mini genie with the 4k mini for free. (and forgot to take the old receiver with them). You do have to have the "Ultimate" package iirc. Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Did you talk to loyalty dept or just a regular doofus? My 50 buck discount ends with the current bill, maybe now is the time to call.

Did you talk to loyalty dept or just a regular doofus? My 50 buck discount ends with the current bill, maybe now is the time to call.

NG.... bitched yesterday in a chat box about why I was paying for a plan that never gives me updates like it was sold. I got that figured out and then said I'm off contract next month so what can I do about that. Then had todays conversation, this is the number they had me call 800-824-9081. I had a pin but says if u don't push two, I'd call now!