Any non Bills sports figures you feel bad for?

Another Fan

Kind of always felt bad for Rich Kotite. I'm from Jersey so I'm familiar with Jet Nation. Back in the 90's he went 4-28 in two years with the team and Jet fans still curse his name, call him a loser, call him a curse, call him a waste of life, etc. Rich still lives in this area and is sort of a recluse as a result. Although Todd Bowels of late may overtake him in terms of Jet Nation dislike.

In reality, Rich was able to go to a division III school (Wagner) become an All-American and make it into the NFL as a player. Think he still maybe the only person from that school's history to do so. Was a heavyweight boxing champ when he was younger and spared with Muhammed Ali. Spent many years as an assistant coach before he got a head coaching gig with Eagles.

But yeah I always thought it was a case of the worst two years of his life defining him. Two other interesting coaching facts on him:

-He got further in the playoffs with the Eagles then Rex's dad ever did

-If you compare Rich's 6 years head coaching record to Bill Belichick's first 6 years coaching, the Win-Loss record are about the same. Kind of helps the Brady arguments that he's more important than Bill.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady. Must be awful to know your whole life is defined by cheating and live in denial. Same with Lance Armstrong... But he came clean.

They both make Baby Jesus & me weep w/sympathy.

Didn't Lance Armstrong date Sheryl Crow? :wub: Hard to feel sorry for him!

The first cut is the deepest...

Oh Bartman....what an idiot. Never interfere with the game....just don't do it.

Alex Gonzalez dropping a rally killing DP one batter later didn't help.

Bateman should be #1 on this list.

Edited by KD in CA

Charles Barkley (always catching flack from Shaq and Kenny for never winning an NBA title, for a guy at 6'5 and be the top 10 in rebounds at the time he retired, he was a beast),

Carlos Beltran (looking at strike 3 in the NLCS, that Mets team was good and was missing Pedro and El Duque who throughout the season their 1 and 2 in the rotation, as a Mets fan I can tell you the fan base will never forget him looking at strike 3)

Ken Griffey Jr (never winning a WS and injuries derailing his career during his prime, he would've broken Aaron's record IMO), and I would watch Yankees games when they played the Mariners just to watch him.

Edited by Captain Murica