Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

They had slightly over $7M yesterday according to Spotrac.

This is a stupid question, but when teams put incentives in contracts for yardage, TD's, playing time, etc, do those count against the cap retroactively? Do you have to save space in case they are achieved?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy would be a 1,500 yard receiver with Flacco and the Bills would be a playoff team.

Flacco isn't great but he would be good enough to put us over the top.

He'll get those yards even though he missed numerous games with his injury. Quite the trick. And TT stats are better than Flaccos the last two seasons. Both are average.

Really? Why?

They have the cap room and it's not your money.

A lot of these posters care like it is their money. And yet we are staring at 18 years here.

Interesting take since the most yards any WR has ever caught from Flacco is 1,128.

Well, Sammy is better than each and every one of them. I know people want to get rid of him because...reasons, but that doesn't change his level of talent which is very very high.

Not sure what I think of Flacco but I knw what I think of Sammy.

Really? Why?

They have the cap room and it's not your money.

Surely you're smart enough to understand that posters don't care about the money per se, they care about what spending the money does to potentially restrict the team from making other moves they would prefer.

Surely you're smart enough to understand that posters don't care about the money per se, they care about what spending the money does to potentially restrict the team from making other moves they would prefer.

Who didn't prefer having Maclin here?

Well, Sammy is better than each and every one of them. I know people want to get rid of him because...reasons, but that doesn't change his level of talent which is very very high.

Not sure what I think of Flacco but I knw what I think of Sammy.

I don't disagree that he's talented, but 33% more yards than any target over the past decade? I just don't see that kind of uptick. 1200-1350 maybe (assuming health, of course).

Interesting take since the most yards any WR has ever caught from Flacco is 1,128.

Sammy would be the best wr he played with by far, unless you count 45 year old Steve Smith.

I don't disagree that he's talented, but 33% more yards than any target over the past decade? I just don't see that kind of uptick. 1200-1350 maybe (assuming health, of course).

I think Sammy would produce on a similar level as OBJ if he had a qb like Flacco and stayed healthy of course. Obviously, it's just a guess but Flacco has done well with some pretty whatever type WRs.

Yeah, he's got potential. But he started off hot and faded quickly and badly after his first 4 games as teams got more game film on him, which is a concern. Will he ever realize it is the question and it's not like Maclin has a long time to find out.

Jeffrey believed in him.

I know you guys think WR's are all stupid and wrong about QB's but surprisingly, they usually aren't. How many times do we have witness good veteran WRs time and time again choose teams with better QB's?

Jeffrey believed in him.

I know you guys think WR's are all stupid and wrong about QB's but surprisingly, they usually aren't. How many times do we have witness good veteran WRs time and time again choose teams with better QB's?

Are you saying we, as in the Bills? Idk, how many times has it happened, that the Bills have had in a veteran WR for a prolonged visit and didn't end up signing him?

Sammy would be the best wr he played with by far, unless you count 45 year old Steve Smith.

I think Sammy would produce on a similar level as OBJ if he had a qb like Flacco and stayed healthy of course. Obviously, it's just a guess but Flacco has done well with some pretty whatever type WRs.

I would replace "QB like Flacco" with "team that throws 42.44 times a game." Sammy's numbers with the Bills would be every bit as good as his numbers with the Ravens if the Bills threw an additional 13 times a game. We have done the per target numbers a million times. Sammy's production is only dependent on his targets (and health). The one time that he was targeted as often as other big time receivers, he led the league in yards over that stretch.

Jeffrey believed in him.

Signed, Kenny Britt

Jeffrey believed in him.

and once again, Maclin has not stated the reason he went to Baltimore. The contract and his wife were probably the big reasons. And once again, Flacco the elite QB has the Ravens at 31-33, while the lowly Bills are 30-34 the same time span.

I would replace "QB like Flacco" with "team that throws 42.44 times a game." Sammy's numbers with the Bills would be every bit as good as his numbers with the Ravens if the Bills threw an additional 13 times a game. We have done the per target numbers a million times. Sammy's production is only dependent on his targets (and health). The one time that he was targeted as often as other big time receivers, he led the league in yards over that stretch.

Signed, Kenny Britt

How dare you mention 2015 when TT and Watkins were terrific the second half. You must only judge on 2016 when Watkins played injured and missed many games.

he really hasnt. he's been painfully average throughout his whole career other than his miraculous 4 game run.... his production isnt even close to impressive for todays standards and now he doesnt even win games.

flip flop our qb's and i dont think either guy wins or loses anymore than they did on their actual team. blame flacco's weapons and run game all you want but the BALT d was very stout last year. the guy has been soooooo average. i wouldnt be anymore convinced we had a franchise guy if he was in buffalo than im convinced now with the qb we have.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

He'll get those yards even though he missed numerous games with his injury. Quite the trick. And TT stats are better than Flaccos the last two seasons. Both are average.

A lot of these posters care like it is their money. And yet we are staring at 18 years here.

Bills fans know it's not their money. It's about opportunity cost. If we pay $7 million for Maclin, that's $7 million we don't have for other players.

Though I personally would have been tempted to offer Maclin $6 or $7 million - just to make sure our WR corps is better than what we fielded last year.

Edited by hondo in seattle

and once again, Maclin has not stated the reason he went to Baltimore. The contract and his wife were probably the big reasons. And once again, Flacco the elite QB has the Ravens at 31-33, while the lowly Bills are 30-34 the same time span.

How dare you mention 2015 when TT and Watkins were terrific the second half. You must only judge on 2016 when Watkins played injured and missed many games.

you are only allowed to reference the past if you are talking about flacco and the playoffs..... then it makes perfect sense. lol

you are only allowed to reference the past if you are talking about flacco and the playoffs..... then it makes perfect sense. lol

lol

Bills fans know it's not their money. It's about opportunity cost. If we pay $7 million for Maclin, that's $7 million we don't have for other players.

Though I personally would have been tempted to offer Maclin $6 or $7 million - just to make sure our WR corps is better than what we fielded last year.

me too.

He had Boldin, who was a little long in the tooth but still went on to put up better receiving stats in SF with Kaep. Boldins numbers in Baltimore weren't great and he was still a very very good receiver at that point. He didn't have a 1,000 yard season in Baltimore. He went to SF and in his first year put up over 1,100 yards. He had more TDs in SF too.

For Boldin, he won a Super Bowl in Baltimore, but statistically it was down years for him. And that was with Baltimore not really having any other receiving threats.

He had Boldin, who was a little long in the tooth but still went on to put up better receiving stats in SF with Kaep. Boldins numbers in Baltimore weren't great and he was still a very very good receiver at that point. He didn't have a 1,000 yard season in Baltimore. He went to SF and in his first year put up over 1,100 yards. He had more TDs in SF too.

For Boldin, he won a Super Bowl in Baltimore, but statistically it was down years for him. And that was with Baltimore not really having any other receiving threats.

Outside of a young Torrey Smith, who put up the most receiving yards of any WR to play with Flacco.

Outside of a young Torrey Smith, who put up the most receiving yards of any WR to play with Flacco.

off the top of my head..... maybe derrick mason? i know he had a couple of 1000 yd seasons there with flacco.

regardless, the notion that wr's can produce big numbers with flacco has no historical legs to stand on. he's never produced more than average numbers.

Edited by Stank_Nasty