Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I'm at. I may have been more for it a couple of month's ago but the roster has gotten better (and potentially much better with Maclin). They have a chance to compete in the AFC. They aren't a Super Bowl team but could be pretty good.

I agree.

This off season has been quite a ride. After the initial start of free agency and the completion of the draft I was intrigued by what the Bills were doing.

After the front office decisions were made, I started to feel more optimistic. Now with the addition of Hodges & possibly Maclin, I am almost excited for this upcoming season.

If they sign Maclin, there is no reason to think that the Bills can compete this year.

ok gotcha...yea he will be a FA, Brees, Rivers...there will be options for other QB needy teams, and we can draft ours

Unless TT has a stellar year, im not betting on it, but its not out of the realm of possibilities

Tyrod has to make the playoffs and drastically improve his numbers for him to earn an extension. He's gotta know that too.

I would draft a qb even if TT has a good year.

Fill the talent cup

im certainly with you there, I would have been fine using our first this year on Mahomes while still keeping TT

Need to solidify the position at all costs

Having Maclin here will help whoever is under center/in the shotgun formation (bringing the thread back to Maclin!!!)

Should we also consider that Cousins will be in play?

He'll be a FA, and I think he's ultimately headed to SF but that takes SF out of the drafting a QB picture. Garoppolo will take another team out of the QB draft picture as well, which could be Cleveland as the rumors were they were interested in him.

Well they were saying the 2018 class is amazing and deep. I'm throwing out the fact that Jimmy G should be a UFA - or they will tag and trade like they did with cassel (unlikely because they seem to target free agency more than they did in 2009 and it hamstrings your cap room).

if NE is not keeping Jimmy, especially if Tom is getting up there in years, then that should be a little red flag for the rest of the league.

Garrapolo or Cousins over a potential future pro bowler in the 2018 draft? Wow someone shoot me now. You guys just love mediocrity so much that you actually strive for it

Bills fan love mediocrity. It's what happens when people forget what a real team looks like.

if NE is not keeping Jimmy, especially if Tom is getting up there in years, then that should be a little red flag for the rest of the league.

How can they keep him and not push Brady out? Brady is still the best QB in the league and said he wants to play 5 more years. So you either push him out, or let Jimmy walk.

Your only way to prevent it is to pay him what - 25 million dollars to be a backup?

I hope your talking about some other team and not us

A) the Pats wont trade him in division

B) why would we want him? what has he ever done? of course he would have some success in spot starts in the Patriots system, I could go play QB there and put up respectable numbers (and I dont even have any arms)

Trade? Isn't he in the last year of his rookie deal in 2017? He wasn't a 1st, so no 5th year option. They could franchise him I suppose, but if he's remotely competitive he isn't going to take a backup QB contract and role once he becomes a FA. To me there's only 2 ways he's with the Pats* in 2018

1) Franchise Tag - an absurd price for a backup QB

2) Brady retires and Jimmy G gets offered starter money to stay