Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Ironically the Chefs lost a draft pick for tampering when they signed Maclin 2 years ago

@profootballtalk

If any teams were talking to Jeremy Maclin before 4:00 p.m. ET on Monday, they were tampering

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/05/jeremy-maclin-became-eligible-to-talk-to-other-teams-at-400-p-m-et-monday/related/

Do players talking to Maclin count in that equation? Or is it just team officials?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, this 4-3 relies on pressure and disruption from the interior DL just as much as from the DE, whereas the Schwartz 4-3 hopes the ends can use speed/angles to beat the tackles from wide. Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus are excellent at penetrating opposing OL. They should thrive in this system

Yup. Hughes should as well. And Lawson will be back to 4-3 DE where he belongs.

Yup. Hughes should as well. And Lawson will be back to 4-3 DE where he belongs.

Whoops accidentally deleted my post going to edit it.

Yes i mean people are also automatically thinking ooo 4-3 gonna be a top end defense. I expect issues there as well. Zone Coverage schemes little hard to implement when you have communication issues like Bills have had.

Also this is a much different 4-3. No Mario Williams

Bobby

You do realize that the communication issues are because of the Ryans?

I dont think people should be expecting top 5 defense next year....however I definately could see a top 10 or so defense (up from the 20's) with our HC that was running Carolina's defenses.....our DL is still our strength

Why do you automatically assume no Mario means that this cannot work....this is why you draft Shaq Lawson....you still have Marcel and Meatball in the middle......and Hughes isnt going anywhere

Just because you are infusing with draft talent doesnt automatically mean level of production goes down.....we need a couple of guys to not come in and not fall on their face which I do not anticipate namely Lawson, Ragland, Darby

Why did they have to wait until 4 PM today if he was released Friday?

Because he was released after the business day closed on Friday (I assume after 5 PM ET). Rules say you have to wait until 4 PM on the next business day (Monday) to make contact if its after the business day closes.

Why did they have to wait until 4 PM today if he was released Friday?

He was cut after the end of business Friday so he wasn't on the official transaction wire that the league releases near the end of each business day

Because he was released after the business day closed on Friday (I assume after 5 PM ET). Rules say you have to wait until 4 PM on the next business day (Monday) to make contact if its after the business day closes.

He was cut after the end of business Friday so he wasn't on the official transaction wire that the league releases near the end of each business day

Thanks.

Says who? You? You're a nobody like the rest of us. Your prediction is not an educated guess, it's just an attempt at stirring the pot. We've won 7,8,9 games with way worse rosters.

I think it's funny when you try to sell us your negativity. And I bite 85% of the time. Well played.

I mean....everyone is entitled to their opinion.....and bobby actually makes a lot of good points sometimes.

I dont agree here though at this is a 5 win team

Stirring the pot? Where is the confirmation

He knows.

This poster had confirmation on the Mario Williams visit that Metz first reported--both guys were right (and had the info ahead of the media).

And Vince Young too. Not that that did us much good LOL

And Vince Young too. Not that that did us much good LOL

Thanks for the information. Much. much appreciated. Hope this turns out better than Vince Young....

@salsports

According to @PeckOnSports WR Jeremy Maclin is on his way to Buffalo tonight to meet with the Bills tomorrow.

Thanks Yolo..as always you are on top of things.

Hope this one works out....He can go right into OTA practice...

You know I completely forgot about Dimarco and his ability to catch......

Yeah....TE is not as big a need

And everybody seems to forget O'Leary actually stepped up nicely in his first year getting real playing time.

His game should only improve, I don't mind him at all as the # 2 . Would Barnidge be an upgrade? Sure , but I'd prefer to let the young player who has shown promise , WR is a much bigger need by a big margin.

The upside for him is low in this Bills offense, so while it would be a good get, I think it likely wouldn't be very beneficial for Maclin due to that low upside.

He's either looking to win, or he's looking at a chance to prove himself for a chance at another nice deal.

The upside for him is low in this Bills offense, so while it would be a good get, I think it likely wouldn't be very beneficial for Maclin due to that low upside.

He's either looking to win, or he's looking at a chance to prove himself for a chance at another nice deal.

Playing with coaches and former teammates, especially when the rug was just pulled out from underneath him in KC, this familiarity may have a comforting feel to his choice in coming here.

As for opportunity, Sammy goes down and he steps in as #1. If anything Maclin could see the Bills as an ideal landing spot, especially with Tyrods sweet deep ball.

I hope it happens, 1 more skill position we've rebuilt for the better if so..

That's my opinion at least.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**