Tiger Woods: the downward spiral continues

You realize that we live in an imperfect, flawed world full of imperfect, flawed beings? All I'm saying is pick your battles. Yes sir, no sir. If he still gives you a ticket, go to court like you did. Debating law roadside will get you no where, number one. Number two, make the stop memorable for the cop and he's much more likely to show up in court.

Regarding DUI and the fifth amendment (thanks for getting us back on track!), the fifth doesn't help you in refusing the breath test - otherwise, they wouldn't be able to suspend your license for merely exercising your constitutional rights. Miranda comes in to play in about 1% of my non crash DUI cases. And, your refusal to take the test certainly can and will be used against you to show a consciousness of guilt.

I wish I could take you out for a ride along and show you how things work. You might have a different opinion on some things. I might even get you to take that tin foil hat off for a few days.

Edited by Sig1Hunter

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Chef's post, that cop was 100% right. It doesn't matter if the crack actually obstructed your view. It only mattered if he believed it did. The fact that you're citing that law to him only hammers home the point that you are very well aware of the crack and that it could potentially lead to some trouble if pulled over. Maybe you do happen to know that law for other reasons, but it will definitely raise suspicions when you bring that up immediately.

A poor call. He didn't even know that it had to restrict view. He made his call simply because it was broken. That's not even the law! I could see your point if he told me it was obstructing... Even Stevie Wonder couldn't pull that off with a straight face, but I would live with it and move to next phase. Then I take ticket and go to court. Are You following?

I said: "Look officer, it isn't obstructing my view."

He said: "It doesn't matter if it obstructs view."

I read him the law, what you posted, he didn't want to hear it.

Which I did go to court, lost... They rubber stamped the ignorant of the law officer. I then appealed to Chief. Chief threw it out.

Holy moly... At least the officer should know the law and pretend to rule on that. He simply was lazy and dishonest. All he had on his mind was ticket and if I paid early, I could save $50. WTF kind of fine police work is that? Probably trying to meet a quota. Just making BS up as he went.

Come on... Don't you expect your cops to be on the level with the law?

Just a way to bleed people of money and rake it in for their departments. Even Jesus Christ probably has something wrong with his car as he heads to the supermarket. Really? I understand I may have showed him up and made him look ignorant of the law that HE SHOULD know like the back of his hand. But, don't lie to me and say obstruction is no part of the law!

You're equally as ignorant.

Sorry I get out and about while on a non-standard schedule and have to drive through some rough areas. It's also a little more "diverse"'than your gated community.

The real, real poor world... ;-P

You read him the law?? Again stop being a dick. How about "yes sir" "no sir"? And then bring it up in court. I think your on the local "he's a dick" list with your DMV pic on the break room dartboard.

There's got to be a good reason at your age you're getting pulled over every year. Of the times I got pulled over three of them were before I turned 21. Twice since. Twice in 35 years.

According to Chef's post, that cop was 100% right. It doesn't matter if the crack actually obstructed your view. It only mattered if he believed it did. The fact that you're citing that law to him only hammers home the point that you are very well aware of the crack and that it could potentially lead to some trouble if pulled over. Maybe you do happen to know that law for other reasons, but it will definitely raise suspicions when you bring that up immediately.

Of course. The windshield was legal. I was driving with it for a while. I was waiting for it to get worse and illegal before I swapped it out. New one will just crack again. Of course, I was getting the most miles out of it. I told him that.

And I found out that you can't argue that in court, not a valid defense. They side with officer and move on.

Now... I did have to make my appeal to the Chief, in a letter. That worked and he tossed thr fine. Afyer that, it would have been county, then the end.

Traffic court is a racket. It is where they pretend to give you a sembalance of due process... Well @ least in my East Podunk Village.

Again, sorry to open this up again. I fell for the bait. I should have never answered Sig. I thought he was on the level with why I bolded out the "zero breath test" thing. He's a good cop, got me talking!

No worries all good... Took time and effort but I wasn't extorted by crooked cops and the layers of intertwined gov't.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You read him the law?? Again stop being a dick. How about "yes sir" "no sir"? And then bring it up in court. I think your on the local "he's a dick" list with your DMV pic on the break room dartboard.

There's got to be a good reason at your age you're getting pulled over every year. Of the times I got pulled over three of them were before I turned 21. Twice since. Twice in 35 years.

Yep. My pull over rate has been about the same. Last time I got a ticket I was 25. If we believe EII's stats that anyone driving in a half-way shady area gets routinely pulled over, cops must be pulling over drivers billions of times a year.

Amazing how the people who make it a point of pride to be smart asses to cops always seem baffled when their interactions with cops don't go in their favor.

Yep. My pull over rate has been about the same. Last time I got a ticket I was 25. If we believe EII's stats that anyone driving in a half-way shady area gets routinely pulled over, cops must be pulling over drivers billions of times a year.

There are no roads in those areas, just parking lots.

I am white in areas that I am the minority. My pull over rate would be much worse if I was AA.

Amazing how the people who make it a point of pride to be smart asses to cops always seem baffled when their interactions with cops don't go in their favor.

I wasn't being a smart ass, disrespectful, or baffled.

I anticipate they are going to make a vicious remark to see if I put attitude back towards them. Customs, police, military, teachers, all the same game.

That is why yes sir (or ma'am) works for me. You shouldn't fight a ticket with the cops. That's what a judge if for. And of the two the judge is going to be the most understanding of the two. At least I assume so seeing I've never gone in front of a judge.

Throw the !@#$ing book at him. People who drive drunk really piss me off. Especially people who can afford any other type of transportation.

I work in a TAC- motor vehicle accident hospital and everyone knows the patients who were DUI on presentation, nurses like to tell you, it kind of frustrates health care workers, who then get on with providing healthcare without prejudice.

There are heaps of options available, there's a new 'car service' here 'WeDrive' too.

• 2 weeks later...

That is why yes sir (or ma'am) works for me. You shouldn't fight a ticket with the cops. That's what a judge if for. And of the two the judge is going to be the most understanding of the two. At least I assume so seeing I've never gone in front of a judge.

Chin to chest and start breathing deeply as if I'm going to start crying any minute.

It's got me out of 85 in a 55 in Michigan and an another occasion what was described as "a deliberate ignoring of visible barriers cutting off a lane during a rush hour" with threats to RUN ME IN RIGHT NOW.... phew...

My uncle got pulled over for 60 in a 40 and then showed up to fight it. Judge asked if it was true he called the town a "rinky-dinky pissant waste of civiliation..." and then lectured him on the culture and history of the town for 10 minutes before asking if my uncle wanted to continue this process.

Hmmm, back pain? Sure. Sleep disorder? That goes back to maybe the Ambien suggestions? Sounds more like it...

Tiger thinks he can show up and dominate these 25 robots of whom 5 are going to have the biggest weekend of their life? I'd cheer for Tiger at the Majors but gimme a break...

Edited by row_33

What does that do?

It makes you look pathetic. Stooping to ridiculous levels to get out of a ticket.

My motto: if you cry, you are getting a ticket. This is the exact reason why. You are better off admitting the violation and owning up to it. You have a fair shot at getting a warning from me when you do that.

It makes you look pathetic. Stooping to ridiculous levels to get out of a ticket.

My motto: if you cry, you are getting a ticket. This is the exact reason why. You are better off admitting the violation and owning up to it. You have a fair shot at getting a warning from me when you do that.

And no shot of beating it in court if you do not get a warning.