Tiger Woods: the downward spiral continues

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the bolded red font?

So everybody understands... Only take when you know You are going to record a zero. Everything else is a chance if you have been drinking and caught driving. You aren't going home no matter what they lead You to believe.

Don't you just hate it. You think somebody is drunk, getting the evidence on people and then it's a big fat goose egg... Now, You actually gotta do some work in court to prove DUI.

Notice I said DUInfluence... Prove that influence. What ever that influence is. Give hard, empirical numbers on it too.

Anyway... Tiger knew he was NOT drinking, that is why he took the breather.

If You have been drinking and caught... Never take the test... You can roll the bones if You had one drink... But after that, I wouldn't... You aren't going home anyway, no matter what they say. Don't give the evidence! I am sure Tiger's attorney grilled him on this. Had he been drinking, even a little, I am sure he was advised to decline breath test.

Time is Your only friend and buying it helps.

(If you were married to Elin, would your eye wander?)

Hard to say. Don't assume he was getting love @ home.

For many it may if there was a "libido gap" and especially if one is Tiger Woods.

I am not saying he was right in what he did...

Tiger Woods: Nobody could screw up their career like I did this weekend.

Kathy Griffin: Hold my beer, and watch this.

Funny thing is... I never knew who Kathy Griffin was. I had to Google her name!

LoL...

That dash cam video was really scary to watch. I chuckled at that as well, but Holy crap something hit him hard.

He had to have taken tons of the Vicodin. I've taken those before, and never been close to that condition.

He had to have taken tons of the Vicodin. I've taken those before, and never been close to that condition.

I ran out of my blood pressure medicine for about 4 weeks and then finally got the prescription filled. First dose this morning and my head was spinning. I can see a stronger medication kicking in and messing Tiger up.

I ran out of my blood pressure medicine for about 4 weeks and then finally got the prescription filled. First dose this morning and my head was spinning. I can see a stronger medication kicking in and messing Tiger up.

Wow... 4 weeks? How does that happen. I have been on them since almost high school and they never effed up that bad... They have a few on hand, even gratis, to get me through until they reach my Dr. for Rx confirmation.

4 weeks without controlling it is not good. What kind? Beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, etc... Couldn't they have stayed in same drug grouping, class...

...Say (ACE Inhibs) Prinivil/Zestril for Ramipril. I would get the "Zestril Cough."

...Say (Beta Blockers) Atenolol for Lopressor (Metoprolol which I have been on back and forth (I was scared about cancer risk w/ACE inhibs).

You shouldn't miss doses w/Metoprolol.

Were you checking it daily?

Good luck!

Oh... EDIT: I am not a pharmacist but I stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express... ;-) LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So everybody understands... Only take when you know You are going to record a zero. Everything else is a chance if you have been drinking and caught driving. You aren't going home no matter what they lead You to believe.

Don't you just hate it. You think somebody is drunk, getting the evidence on people and then it's a big fat goose egg... Now, You actually gotta do some work in court to prove DUI.

Notice I said DUInfluence... Prove that influence. What ever that influence is. Give hard, empirical numbers on it too.

If You have been drinking and caught... Never take the test... You can roll the bones if You had one drink... But after that, I wouldn't... You aren't going home anyway, no matter what they say. Don't give the evidence! I am sure Tiger's attorney grilled him on this. Had he been drinking, even a little, I am sure he was advised to decline breath test.

Absolutely. The problem is drunk people remembering that they are being stupid by submitting to the test. People who really are drunk have difficulty using soild reasoning skills. There are also issues with refusing a breathalyzer test though. It really depends upon who the judge is. In NY you can lose your license up to a year for refusal. This penalty is often worse than a first DWI. You are probably screwed either way. It just depends on what punish you prefer. Then again you can always get lucky, and find a strange judge. I saw a guy get a month of weekends in jail for refusing a breathalyzer test. Yet he didn't get charged with a DWI, or lose his license. I say that was a win for him. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Absolutely. The problem is drunk people remembering that they are being stupid by submitting to the test. People who really are drunk have difficulty using soild reasoning skills. There are also issues with refusing a breathalyzer test though. It really depends upon who the judge is. In NY you can lose your license up to a year for refusal. This penalty is often worse than a first DWI. You are probably screwed either way. It just depends on what punish you prefer. Then again you can always get lucky, and find a strange judge. I saw a guy get a month of weekends in jail for refusing a breathalyzer test. Yet he didn't get charged with a DWI, or lose his license. I say that was a win for him.

In Mass it's an automatic 6 months suspended license and then some other penalties. Courses, probation, etc.

Yeah, great advice. Take a license suspension for a year instead of 6 months for blowing over. Btw-I guarantee you it would take AT LEAST 4 drinks to put Tiger anywhere near a .08. Besides, breath evidence isn't even allowed in court in many Florida jurisdictions, but the refusal to take the test is. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the video is doing a fantastic job of proving the impairment. Combined with the urine test that Tiger took, I don't think it will be a problem in court.

It seems like Tiger is owning up to his mistake, so that's a good sign. Much more respect for that.

In Mass it's an automatic 6 months suspended license and then some other penalties. Courses, probation, etc.

Yeah, no matter where you are they will stick it to you for refusing a breathalyzer test. That is if the judge isn't a clown. As I mentioned I've seen refusing the breathalyzer work. I just wouldn't count on it.

Yeah, great advice. Take a license suspension for a year instead of 6 months for blowing over. Btw-I guarantee you it would take AT LEAST 4 drinks to put Tiger anywhere near a .08. Besides, breath evidence isn't even allowed in court in many Florida jurisdictions, but the refusal to take the test is. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the video is doing a fantastic job of proving the impairment. Combined with the urine test that Tiger took, I don't think it will be a problem in court.

It seems like Tiger is owning up to his mistake, so that's a good sign. Much more respect for that.

Ultimately refusing to submit to a breathalyzer test is a big gamble. It could work out great, or fail miserably.

Granted this is KY, but the logic follows in other places:

http://www.larryformanlaw.com/blog/why-you-should-always-refuse-the-breathalyzer-and-the-standardized-field-sobriety-tests

Sorry... I simply don't trust you to protect my self interests in these situations. You have the interests of the state @ heart in these matter, not mine.

Granted this is KY, but the logic follows in other places:

http://www.larryformanlaw.com/blog/why-you-should-always-refuse-the-breathalyzer-and-the-standardized-field-sobriety-tests

Sorry... I simply don't trust you to protect my self interests in these situations. You have the interests of the state @ heart in these matter, not mine.

Yeah, I'm not here to argue with you. I'm just here to impart some of my own personal expertise on the subject. I've seen what tends to work, and what doesn't work in a successful DUI defense. The main factor is the money you shell out for a high priced attorney and whether or not you get a cop that knows what he is doing. Every thing else is mostly a crapshoot. Refusing the chemical test is guaranteed to get your license taken away for a year, though.

Btw, I don't have the interests of the government at heart. That is the prosecutors job. I have the interests of every innocent family tooling down the road minding their own business, while Johnny B. Drunk is sharing the road with them. Seeing death and destruction, and notifying family members that their loved one is gone, has forged that passion in me.

Yeah, I'm not here to argue with you. I'm just here to impart some of my own personal expertise on the subject. I've seen what tends to work, and what doesn't work in a successful DUI defense. The main factor is the money you shell out for a high priced attorney and whether or not you get a cop that knows what he is doing. Every thing else is mostly a crapshoot. Refusing the chemical test is guaranteed to get your license taken away for a year, though.

Btw, I don't have the interests of the government at heart. That is the prosecutors job. I have the interests of every innocent family tooling down the road minding their own business, while Johnny B. Drunk is sharing the road with them. Seeing death and destruction, and notifying family members that their loved one is gone, has forged that passion in me.

:thumbsup:

That's why one doesnt drink and drive. Not even one drink. I mentioned earlier, if you can't blow a zero, don't take the test. In that case where one has been drinking, one is busted, you might as well forfeit the license for a year and get your life on track.

I know harsh. One simply shouldn't be drinking and driving.

I am not here to argue also, but I will when you ask me to. You asked me why I bolded the zero Tiger test thing.

We all have the 5th as a right. Like I said earlier, it is easier to get things thrown out of court if you refuse.

This is New York:

"PROTECTION AGAINST SELF-INCRIMINATION IN DWI POLICE INTERVIEWS

The Fifth Amendment protects DWI suspects from the state compelling them to give incriminating evidence against themselves. When a DWI suspect is stopped by police to investigate whether they are driving while intoxicated in New York, generally they are not considered to be held in police custody and therefore are not required to be read their Miranda rights, which guarantee the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. Since Miranda warnings are not usually given at an initial DWI stop, any incriminating statements given in response to police interrogation may be admissible later in court. If a DWI suspect makes remarks about having consumed alcohol in response to a police officers questions regarding their use of intoxicants, these statements may be admissible in court in a DWI trial.

It is important to realize that a prolonged detention by a police officer inside the officers car after an initial stop may be considered custodial interrogation, even if it occurs before any formal arrest is made. If this is the case, the police officer is generally required to read the suspect their Miranda rights and the protection against self-incrimination would apply since the suspect would be considered to be undergoing a custodial interrogation.

RIGHTS AGAINST SELF-INCRIMINATION DURING SOBRIETY TESTS

A DWI suspects statements during Standardized Field Sobriety Tests or during chemical tests are not protected by the right against self-incrimination. In the case of Pennsylvania v. Muniz, the Supreme Court held that incriminating statements made by a defendant during a Breathalyzer test were not given as a response to a police interrogation and could not be suppressed as evidence in court. The Court found the statements admissible in court because they constituted a response to legitimate police procedure that was not likely to elicit incriminating utterances from the suspect. The Court also held that voluntary statements made by the defendant during field sobriety tests were not responses made during custodial interrogation and were not subject to the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination."

It never is.... fun can be had, but trouble is more likely.

While studying late for exams and finishing a thesis, I would go out walking in a good neighbourhood around 3am, I was twice swarmed upon by the police, while not remotely a suspect by description, and then let go. I stopped going for 3am walks.

Edited by row_33