Rumor- Bills will entertain trade offers for Watkins?

That would be disappointing for me.

He's capable of much more

Maybe picks it way up in the touchdown department?

I would like to see the ball spread around with Watkins drawing the double coverage......could you imagine Watkins, Zay J., Maclin, Clay with guys like Holmes catching end zone jumpballs?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Sammy gets 1400 either....but I think he could easily get 1000

agreed.... and I'm not convinced that Tyrod is the kind of QB to get him to 1400 yards, even if Sammy stayed healthy...Taylor is just too inconsistent imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

agreed....I'm not convinced that Tyrod is the kind of QB to get him to 1400 yards, even if Sammy stayed healthy.

It's all target based. 10 targets a game will get him to 1400. Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden and Brian Hoyer got Josh Gordon to 1,646 yards. Hoyer, Mallet and Yates had Hopkins over 1,500 yards. Tyrod is 1,000x better than those guys. They just need to throw him the ball and the results will be there.

2/10 is a larger correlation than 8/10?

Huh?

I realize the facts don't support your point, but that might be a problem with your point, not the facts.

Just wanted to drop on update: LeSean McCoy is still on the team

But if he has a big year what does that say about not having a "real" qb.....see the rub there?... :P

If he has a big year the bills probably franchise him......and then they probably work out a longer term deal

Sure, I see the rub here,but I've seen Tyrod either not see a wide open Sammy and or miss him wildly with his throws, so that's a BIG IF... :P Tryod CAN throw a really good deep ball, it's the other throws that concern me. What is a big year to you? or Big enough to franchise? 60-65 catches; roughly 1k yds; roughly 5 td's? He could do soooo much better with a more accurate QB on another team who can spot a wide open wr. especially our #1 wr(even if it's down the middle of the field). Do we franchise the player below if he puts up those types of numbers? That's a tough sell to me.

3 year Avg:

51 rec per season

819 yds per season

5.6 td's per year.

We'll see if this offense will provide him the opportunity to show his worth compared to the run, run, run offense Rex liked. And can Tyrod get the ball to him. At the current rate, no way do we franchise him. McDermott has no ties to him. JMO.

Sure, I see the rub here,but I've seen Tyrod either not see a wide open Sammy and or miss him wildly with his throws, so that's a BIG IF... :P Tryod CAN throw a really good deep ball, it's the other throws that concern me. What is a big year to you? or Big enough to franchise? 60-65 catches; roughly 1k yds; roughly 5 td's? He could do soooo much better with a more accurate QB on another team who can spot a wide open wr. especially our #1 wr(even if it's down the middle of the field). Do we franchise the player below if he puts up those types of numbers? That's a tough sell to me.

3 year Avg:

51 rec per season

819 yds per season

5.6 td's per year.

We'll see if this offense will provide him the opportunity to show his worth compared to the run, run, run offense Rex liked. And can Tyrod get the ball to him. At the current rate, no way do we franchise him. McDermott has no ties to him. JMO.

It's odd (and misleading) to use a "3 year average" when he has played in 37 of a possible 48 games. You certainly need to break that down to a per game average and extrapolate it over 16 games.

66 catches

1,063 yards

6 TDs

That's a much better depiction of who he has been. It's based on 119 targets a year, about 25 under where I expect him to be based on Dennison's offense. At 145 targets his career numbers would say:

80 catches

1,292 yards

9 TDs

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's odd (and misleading) to use a "3 year average" when he has played in 37 of a possible 48 games. You are certainly need to break that down to a per game average and extrapolate it over 16 games.

66 catches

1,063 yards

6 TDs

That's a much better depiction of who he has been. It's based on 119 targets a year, about 25 under where I expect him to be based on Dennison's offense. At 145 targets his career numbers would say:

80 catches

1,292 yards

9 TDs

Not trying to "mislead" anyone, those were the numbers we got for his 3 yrs. Just going by what we got from him in his time here. Sorry you saw it that way. Don'tknow that he's gonna put up numbers that make him worth franchising.

You fail to mention that one of those Non-Franchis QB's Osweiler that got his WR 10 targets per game played for the same OC we have and Tyrod is a better QB than Osweiler, our run game is way better, and our QB is also a dual threat...which will open up the field more for the WR's.

If Sammy can stay healthy, its very possible he will see 10 targets a game, and he should. So once again (since the discussion you two are entrenched in started with a post I made of what Sammy could do if healthy all year), I stand by my OP that stated Sammy CAN hit 1400+ yards, 90+ Receptions, and Double Digit TD's this year assuming he has at full strength and put the injuries behind him.

PS: People also forget what a healthy Sammy and Tyrod did together and what that looks like because they have great chemistry. There are only 9 games together where Sammy was really healthy in the 2 years they have been teammates. That was after the bye week in 2015 for the final 9 games where Sammy was one of the most productive WR's in the NFL across all significant categories over that stretch. In the only game in 2016 where Sammy was sorta healthy and Tyrod started, he had 154 yards and a TD. He was a shell of himself in the other 6 games with TT where he was gimping around and then he final game EJ started.

Circular argument.

We don't know which games he was very healthy in. You're assuming that if he had great stats he was healthy and if he didn't have great stats he wasn't healthy. That's an unfair assumption. But if you make that assumption, it's not a real surprise to find that - with that assumption in place - that when healthy he produced extremely high numbers.

Of course he did. You're only counting the games he had extremely high production as healthy.

Circular argument and an unfair assumption about when he was and wasn't healthy.

Not trying to "mislead" anyone, those were the numbers we got for his 3 yrs. Just going by what we got from him in his time here. Sorry you saw it that way. Don'tknow that he's gonna put up numbers that make him worth franchising.

I understand, just trying to add perspective. His health and number of targets will ultimately determine his numbers. He's a great player when healthy and when the ball comes. Unfortunately neither of those has happened on a regular basis. I'm hoping the coaching staff throws him the ball 9 times a game and he plays 16 games. Both are optimistic but not impossible

I would prefer to see the Bills resign Watkins to a long term deal. However they could potentially sign Maclin and then trade Watkins for a 1st round pick in 2018.

Curious which team has inquired about the trade....

@AroundTheNFL

Will Joey Bosa + Martavis Bryant have Pro Bowl-caliber seasons? @MarcSesslerNFL predicts first-time AFC Pro Bowlers http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813459/article/projecting-a-firsttime-pro-bowler-for-each-afc-team

Buffalo Bills

Sammy Watkins, wideout: Plenty of Buffalo's defensive stalwarts have already earned Pro Bowl nods. Same goes for quarterback Tyrod Taylor and star back LeSean McCoy. Watkins is under pressure to generate a massive season after the Bills refused to pick up his fifth-year option and appear reluctant to sign him to an extension. Seemingly endless injuries have made Watkins a disappointment, but the fourth overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft is clearly the No. 1 guy ahead of Andre Holmes, Corey "Philly" Brown and rookie Zay Jones. Just 23, the hugely gifted Watkins has a prime opportunity to turn his career around in 2017.

It becomes more possible in my humble opinion.

This is what I have been thinking all along.Maclin and Jones ,might be the ticket,with Holmes.

Now that would be truly stupid IMO. Get rid of a #1 WR at 24 years old for a 29 year old #2 WR after he signs a one year deal.

It becomes more possible in my humble opinion.

I disagree. It makes little sense to sign Maclin in order to ease a depth concern at the position only to trade your best receiver and create a new depth problem. Sammy ain't going anywhere until after we know whether or not he's healthy and what kind of season he puts together.

I disagree. It makes little sense to sign Maclin in order to ease a depth concern at the position only to trade your best receiver and create a new depth problem. Sammy ain't going anywhere until after we know whether or not he's healthy and what kind of season he puts together.

I can understand taking that point of view and as a big Watkins fan I would be very disappointed to see Sammy traded.

On the other hand it would probably be wise to see how desperate a team might be for his services in my humble opinion.

Now that would be truly stupid IMO. Get rid of a #1 WR at 24 years old for a 29 year old #2 WR after he signs a one year deal.

Can we really not stand success that much?

Roll with all of them........people complain about lack of passing then talk about making sure we spin our wheels in the talent department. Make defenses respect us EVERYWHERE

oh SNAP lol nothing to see here~... :flirt: all rumor...ahem naww I don't think so ain't happenin'...Sammy is due for a healthy season and he aint goin' nowhere imho

Edited by muppy