Is the AFC East the NFL's Worst Division?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine if the AFC East had Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in it for the last 6-7 years?

I am not even saying if Rodgers was a Bill, just if he were in the division.

or if the Colts had stayed in the Bills old division, so Brady and Peyton could give the Malachi Crunch 4 times a year?

Sometimes I wonder where you guys get this stuff...

Since 2000 the Patriots have gone 6-0 in the division exactly twice (2007 & 2012).

it's okay for us victimized fans to feel that the Pats go 6-0 or better in the division from 2000 to 2021.

I think that a lot of people skipped the opening paragraph. He is ranking the "tightness of the division race." The AFC East absolutely is last in that sense. The gap between the Patriots and the 2nd place team is wider than the gap from KC to Oakland (for example).

...look at the woeful Bills patchwork organization since Polian.....FO/Administration manned by non-football people in positions not qualified for or past their football prime.....throw in the lightweight, retread coaching staffs as well....thus Buffalo has done squat....the Jesters and Fins have hardly been models of quality consistency as well.....the Pats keep on ticking....Paoli leaves, Dimitrof leaves, Daniels leaves and returns, Romeo, O'Brien, etc and many others.....yet they STILL manage 14 AFCE titles and 5 Lombardis....at least the other divisions go through the ebbs and flows of competitiveness within and league wide....AFCE?...YAWN................

...look at the woeful Bills patchwork organization since Polian.....FO/Administration manned by non-football people in positions not qualified for or past their football prime.....throw in the lightweight, retread coaching staffs as well....thus Buffalo has done squat....the Jesters and Fins have hardly been models of quality consistency as well.....the Pats keep on ticking....Paoli leaves, Dimitrof leaves, Daniels leaves and returns, Romeo, O'Brien, etc and many others.....yet they STILL manage 14 AFCE titles and 5 Lombardis....at least the other divisions go through the ebbs and flows of competitiveness within and league wide....AFCE?...YAWN................

Even if those other teams have good years and get to 9-10 wins. They are still 2-4 games behind the Pats. The rest of the divisions aren't like that (at least usually). The Pats have averaged 12.25 wins per season since their 1st Super Bowl winning season. That's insane!!

I think that a lot of people skipped the opening paragraph. He is ranking the "tightness of the division race." The AFC East absolutely is last in that sense. The gap between the Patriots and the 2nd place team is wider than the gap from KC to Oakland (for example).

So perhaps a better way to look at it is which division is most or least competitive. You can certainly argue the case the AFCE ins't expected to be much of a competition for the division title and that's been the case since around 1999 with the exception of a few good years for the Jets.

With that being the case the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are left with fighting for a Wild Card spot with the other 9 non-division winning teams every year.

So I'd say the AFCE is least competitive maybe not 'worst'.

So perhaps a better way to look at it is which division is most or least competitive. You can certainly argue the case the AFCE ins't expected to be much of a competition for the division title and that's been the case since around 1999 with the exception of a few good years for the Jets.

With that being the case the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are left with fighting for a Wild Card spot with the other 9 non-division winning teams every year.

So I'd say the AFCE is least competitive maybe not 'worst'.

Yes, it's a bad click-bait title. The actual article is titled 'NFL division races in 2017: Competitiveness rankings'

Even if those other teams have good years and get to 9-10 wins. They are still 2-4 games behind the Pats. The rest of the divisions aren't like that (at least usually). The Pats have averaged 12.25 wins per season since their 1st Super Bowl winning season. That's insane!!

....gotcha Kirby.....but Bflo NEVER has the ebbs and flows of being competitive.......pretty sad when 8-8 or 9-7 finish leads to optimism the following year (COUGH)......I'd settle for double digit "W's" before I head to "Dante's Inferno".....my time is running out............... :thumbsup:

Define soon.....I don't think 2017 is it......or 2018....Hopefully, the AFCE becomes a " normal " division by 2019.....

I'd like to see it start and believe it will in 2017. using a 2 yr window is fair. if they don't get the wildcard this season, 2018 they should?

the times they are a-changin'

he turned 76 yesterday...

I'd like to see it start and believe it will in 2017. using a 2 yr window is fair. if they don't get the wildcard this season, 2018 they should?

I'm on record to say the Bills make the playoffs in 2018....but as a wild card...I don't think anyone dethrones NE as division champs until 2019...and that's a maybe.....

I'm on record to say the Bills make the playoffs in 2018....but as a wild card...I don't think anyone dethrones NE as division champs until 2019...and that's a maybe.....

I can dig that...waytogo.gif

drag is ne. how sweet it would/will be if they were to fall from grace...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Can you imagine if the AFC East had Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in it for the last 6-7 years?

I am not even saying if Rodgers was a Bill, just if he were in the division.

Actually, Rodgers could have easily been a Bill. Donahoe traded back into the first round in order to draft JP Losman, giving up the Bills #1 pick in 2005. The Bills' 2005 first rounder turned out to be #18 which Dallas got. Rodgers didn't go until 24 or 25. When I read or hear people claiming Whaley was such an awful GM, I remember the trade that landed Losman here and LMAO.

Methinks I've heard this song before ... several times. I'll believe it when I see it ... just like I'll believe that the Bills are going in the right direction this time when they actually win 10 games and/or make the playoffs.

Actually, Rodgers could have easily been a Bill. Donahoe traded back into the first round in order to draft JP Losman, giving up the Bills #1 pick in 2005. The Bills' 2005 first rounder turned out to be #18 which Dallas got. Rodgers didn't go until 24 or 25. When I read or hear people claiming Whaley was such an awful GM, I remember the trade that landed Losman here and LMAO.

Methinks I've heard this song before ... several times. I'll believe it when I see it ... just like I'll believe that the Bills are going in the right direction this time when they actually win 10 games and/or make the playoffs.

as it should be, how you believe. I could technically say the same, since it hasn't happened yet and I have been on the same carousel.

just something different about "this time"...