Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Yes, that was humor. I don't think a trial by combat would have lasted any longer than his execution did.

That Brienne / Arya fight scene may be my favorite of the series. I am not sure GRRM will allow such a homecoming at Winterfell. It was hugely satisfying.

I guess I missed the sarcasm

Sorry...I posted before I read the whole thread

Typical BBMB'r ;);)

:beer:

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, after hiding from the Internet and world since Sunday, I finally got around to watching the season finale.

I have read through this thread and there are a few plotlines I haven't seen many comments on:

1). What is Jaime going to end up doing?

2). When LittleFinger was being accused, I thought for a moment he was going to demand a trial by combat. For a nano moment I thought it was even going to be him vs Ariya. Any think this?

3). When they had the meeting in the beginning of the episode, couldn't one of the dragons just have fried Cersei and all Lannister leadership? I know this wouldnt accomplish their goals of fighting the army of the dead. But once Cersei said no deal why not fry them then?

4). After the Tyrion/ Cersei discussion and the decision to work together, why separate your teams and make separate plans? At that point it would've made sense to consolidate armies and plan a strategy together?

5). How did Cersei and Euron have the plan for him to go get the mercenaries? He stormed off only after seeing the whitewalker. Did they know that thing was coming?

Might have some more thoughts after some rest. Thanks for the help.

4) Different armies with different logistical tails and C3 practices plan their route marches separately. It's common. Until they're operationally integrated there's no point in joint planning.

4) Different armies with different logistical tails and C3 practices plan their route marches separately. It's common. Until they're operationally integrated there's no point in joint planning.

Well, there's also the fact that it was a fraud on Cersei's side.

Well, there's also the fact that it was a fraud on Cersei's side.

Just like the Soviet/German alliance in 1939

They're the same person/creature, no?

He was the head of the Watch, and fell in love with an other. The show changed this, but the Night King / Night's King are the same.

IThe Night King in the show is likely the first whitewalker as the Children of the Forest stabbed a man with a dagger hoping to protect them from men. The actor who plays the guy who was stabbed by the Children of the Forest in the show also plays The Night King so I'm assuming it's the same person.

In the book, "The Night's King" Old Nan was referring to the 13th lord commander of the Night's Watch who apparently fell in love with a female with features like a whitewalker and suggested his name was Brandon. The Night's Watch was created to fight the Whitewalkers so it wouldn't make sense for him to be The Night King.

I think the book and show will have differences when it comes to the Night King's origin, but it's pretty safe to assume he's a Stark.

They're the same person/creature, no?

He was the head of the Watch, and fell in love with an other. The show changed this, but the Night King / Night's King are the same.

Doc pretty much summed it up. The Night's King fell in love with an other, implying the Night King already existed (as he was the first White Walker and the subsequent creator of the other ones).

has anyone googled it to get the correct answer?

Night's King | Game of Thrones Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night's_King

The Night's King is an unseen character in Game of Thrones, appearing only in the "The Histories & Lore: The History of the Night's Watch

has anyone googled it to get the correct answer?

Night's King | Game of Thrones Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night's_King

The Night's King is an unseen character in Game of Thrones, appearing only in the "The Histories & Lore: The History of the Night's Watch

Stop trying to rob us of nerd points!

Game of Thrones: The Night’s King is not who we thought…

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/05/game-of-thrones-the-nights...

Video embedded · There is no “Night’s King” character in the Game of Thrones TV series. There is only the “Night King”, who has nothing to do with the “Night’s King ...

Stop trying to rob us of nerd points!

LMAO

I actually agree that Bran will kill or vanquish the the Night King, likely by manipulating/enabling others to carry out his work

Outstanding questions raised by the series:

> Do the white walkers bring the winter/cold, or does the cold bring the white walkers?

> What does the Night King (NK) and army or the dead want?

> What is the relationship between the Night King and Three-Eyed Raven?

> What are the powers of the Three-Eyed Raven (TER) besides semi-omniscience?

> Is the "Lord of Light" real? (strong indication of yes)

> Who / where is the Lord of Light, and what does he want?

I think these are all related and tied together. The Long Night happened millennia ago, the last time the white walkers were supposedly seen (at least south of the current wall). My take is that the three-eyed raven over the last century at least has quickly defeated the periodic advance of the Night King through his manipulation of others, and winter has been brief or nonexistent. With the three-eyed raven finally getting very old, he has been unable to check the Night King, who has been playing the long game, gathering a huge army before heading south.

My guess is that Bran is the Lord of Light (LOL), and that the power of the TER is to influence others, and control fire/life, the way the NK controls the cold and brings death.

With Bran being weak and inexperienced, I think a very long winter will fall until he masters his power, and the Red priests/priestesses will be a major part of pressing back the winter. I suspect the NK will be killed, along with all of the creatures he has animated, but winter will not be gone forever. At least one of the generals will disappear off to the north to return again another year.

I actually agree that Bran will kill or vanquish the the Night King, likely by manipulating/enabling others to carry out his work

Outstanding questions raised by the series:

> Do the white walkers bring the winter/cold, or does the cold bring the white walkers?

> What does the Night King (NK) and army or the dead want?

> What is the relationship between the Night King and Three-Eyed Raven?

> What are the powers of the Three-Eyed Raven (TER) besides semi-omniscience?

> Is the "Lord of Light" real? (strong indication of yes)

> Who / where is the Lord of Light, and what does he want?

I think these are all related and tied together. The Long Night happened millennia ago, the last time the white walkers were supposedly seen (at least south of the current wall). My take is that the three-eyed raven over the last century at least has quickly defeated the periodic advance of the Night King through his manipulation of others, and winter has been brief or nonexistent. With the three-eyed raven finally getting very old, he has been unable to check the Night King, who has been playing the long game, gathering a huge army before heading south.

My guess is that Bran is the Lord of Light (LOL), and that the power of the TER is to influence others, and control fire/life, the way the NK controls the cold and brings death.

With Bran being weak and inexperienced, I think a very long winter will fall until he masters his power, and the Red priests/priestesses will be a major part of pressing back the winter. I suspect the NK will be killed, along with all of the creatures he has animated, but winter will not be gone forever. At least one of the generals will disappear off to the north to return again another year.

I'm going to assume the Night King having the power now has something to do with Crastor giving him male babies to make white walkers. One thing I want an explanation for, and maybe I missed it: The LoL, has been shown to have powers, The old Gods seems to have some powers, tied to the Heart Trees/Children of the Forest and TER, Have the new Gods (the Seven) done anything supernatural?

I'm going to assume the Night King having the power now has something to do with Crastor giving him male babies to make white walkers. One thing I want an explanation for, and maybe I missed it: The LoL, has been shown to have powers, The old Gods seems to have some powers, tied to the Heart Trees/Children of the Forest and TER, Have the new Gods (the Seven) done anything supernatural?

No. The Faith of the Seven has shown no supernational ability I'm aware of. Ironically, their practice is the closest in the show to organized religion like Catholicism with a holy text with rules the followers were supposed to abide by, a high septon (similar to the pope), and most who follow it believe in a single god with seven unique aspects.

Other religions I can think of is the Drowned God that Iron Islanders follows and The Many Faced God where Arya is trained to be an assassin. I forget which god the Dothraki worship. Various religions and the human struggle to question their faith (or lack thereof) is another great part of Game of Thrones. Personally, I like Tyrion's idea of the Gods of breasts and Wine.

No. The Faith of the Seven has shown no supernational ability I'm aware of. Ironically, their practice is the closest in the show to organized religion like Catholicism with a holy text with rules the followers were supposed to abide by, a high septon (similar to the pope), and most who follow it believe in a single god with seven unique aspects.

Other religions I can think of is the Drowned God that Iron Islanders follows and The Many Faced God where Arya is trained to be an assassin. I forget which god the Dothraki worship. Various religions and the human struggle to question their faith (or lack thereof) is another great part of Game of Thrones. Personally, I like Tyrion's idea of the Gods of breasts and Wine.

On a similar note I'm thinking of starting a religion dedicated to worshiping Emilla Clarke's incredible body :wub: