Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Now we have the Anti-Rex character guy as HC.

Let's get rid of all guys that aren't toeing the line.

CK was playing at a very high level at LT. You just don't throw those guys away. What is the point of cutting him now? There is not some other bum on the 90 man roster that is a sure fire cut they can get rid of? How about the waste of a space TJ Yates???

Makes no sense unless he has a suspension coming. Even then he would not count against the 53 man number.

We have given total control of the franchise to a career assistant who sounds like Marv the GM. While I doubt he could be worse than Rex, just being anti-Rex will not work either.

In my opinion....Kujo was made an example of by this new mgt group......

They are show players (cough cough Mr. Big Stuff) that they will cut players that are not doing what they need to do both on and off the field.

I'm not under the impression the new organization is into symbolism. I don't expect a lot of patience or tolenence for off the field antics or second chances. Accountability is a centerpiece, not just message of the week..

CK was playing at a very high level at LT. You just don't throw those guys away. What is the point of cutting him now? There is not some other bum on the 90 man roster that is a sure fire cut they can get rid of? How about the waste of a space TJ Yates???

Makes no sense unless he has a suspension coming. Even then he would not count against the 53 man number.

We have given total control of the franchise to a career assistant who sounds like Marv the GM. While I doubt he could be worse than Rex, just being anti-Rex will not work either.

Even as a Kujo fan, this is a stretch. It wasn't that he wasn't "toeing the line". It's not like he hit traffic on the way in for a meeting and ran 5 minutes late, violated curfew or whatever, he was climbing fences in his underwear asking to be shot. Come on, maybe you don't like McDermott but it's his job, in part to consider whether or not a guy can contribute.

He wasn't thrown away, he was released. Happens all the time, even to fully clothed guys.

Even as a Kujo fan, this is a stretch. It wasn't that he wasn't "toeing the line". It's not like he hit traffic on the way in for a meeting and ran 5 minutes late, violated curfew or whatever, he was climbing fences in his underwear asking to be shot. Come on, maybe you don't like McDermott but it's his job, in part to consider whether or not a guy can contribute.

He wasn't thrown away, he was released. Happens all the time, even to fully clothed guys.

and on top of it he wasn't a great football player.. and by his off-season behavior, he wasn't looking like he was going to improve.

I've always loved your methodology. Ask a loaded question, demand an answer to said question, receive no suitable answer, and declare victory. It's brilliant. :lol:

Kouandjio's release occurred because

1. By all reports, to sign Streater.

2. They've drafted Dawkins and still have Mills with Glenn the starting LT. CK wasn't going to be in the mix at RT.

3. He offered cap savings(1M+ as a pre-June 1st cut).

4. His lack of versatility because it was likely he wouldn't start. Being a swing OT means playing both positions if called upon. CK can't do that.

This has nothing to do with conflating the argument by citing "88 players" nonsense.

Now, answer my question: Why are you on a never-ending crusade to defend all Whaley decisions? Why do you feign support of Whaley players now? What could possibly have happened to make your opinion moot?

I'm not asking you a loaded question, I'm asking you to defend what you say. When challenged you never explain your reasoning you just try to move the goal posts. You said that his incident off the field had little or nothing to do with his release. I asked you to defend that because it's pretty evident that it has a lot to do with it. You didn't ever defend it; you changed the subject.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about? I've been accused, at times, of being the EXACT opposite of what you are saying. Just because the sun never shines in your world doesn't mean that it is always shining in mine. I try to be objective and think that most here would agree that I am. I applaud good decisions, question the bad but try to bring sound reasoning to why something happened. You are Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets. You are a seagull, just fly around and dump on everything. It's a miserable and depressing approach to life.

Cutting Cyrus today has nothing to do with what you mentioned because there are certainly other guys that offer less. In terms of the cap savings they aren't needed so that's not a reason. They should have let camp play out to see if they have another LT option if Glenn can't get healthy. The reports were that Dawkins struggled in OTAs (as to be expected). I think that cutting Greg Pyke or Brandon Reilly or Blake Annen would have made more sense. Do you believe that all of those guys make the team better than CK?

and none from 2013. Can't have a winning program that way.

Denver and Miami also have no one left from that class. It's a product of changing coaches and systems every two years. And no, you can't. Need to hope this one lasts longer and look forward. Edited by YoloinOhio

@TyDunne

T Cyrus Kouandjio, drafted ahead of Davante Adams/Jarvis Landry/Jimmy Garoppolo/Stephon Tuitt/Carlos Hyde/Allen Robinson, has been released.

Oh, give me a break. Garoppolo is no great pick...he'd bust on any other team. And he will...once someone trades a first-round pick for him, thinking that his mediocre track record on the bench behind a cheating bastard, being coached by a cheating bastard, in any way translates to ability.

Sal Capaccio ‏Verified account @SalSports 6h6 hours ago

Sal Capaccio

Retweeted MDonovan

Correct. Bills have only 3 players from 2014 draft left. Know who else does? Patriots. And they had 2 more picks. Draft is crap shoot.

NE drafts far lower than the Bills. Bills have been bad drafters for a long time. What about no one left from the 2013 draft? I bet NE has someone left from that draft.

So I think what we learned here is that the 2013 draft was a cesspool.

So was 2010.

They obviously had a better option in Henderson (considering both have personal issues) which could man both sides not just one and Kujo was paid more.

NE drafts far lower than the Bills. Bills have been bad drafters for a long time. What about no one left from the 2013 draft? I bet NE has someone left from that draft.

So was 2010.

it looks even worse for the Pats because they haven't changed coaches and schemes. Their draft picks were just not retained -- that's bad. And no, they have no one decent left from 2013. Duron Harmon is a depth guy. The rest are gone.

2nd Round (#52 Overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

2nd Round (#59 Overall) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

3rd Round (#83 Overall) Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

3rd Round (#91 Overall) Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers

4th Round (#102 Overall) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

7th Round (#226 Overall) Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois

7th Round (#235 Overall) Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

Edited by YoloinOhio

it looks even worse for the Pats because they haven't changed coaches and schemes. Their draft picks were just not retained -- that's bad. And no, they gave no one decent left from 2013. Duron Harmon is a depth guy.

2nd Round (#52 Overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

2nd Round (#59 Overall) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

3rd Round (#83 Overall) Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

3rd Round (#91 Overall) Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers

4th Round (#102 Overall) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

7th Round (#226 Overall) Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois

7th Round (#235 Overall) Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

They draft much lower than the Bills.

Denver and Miami also have no one left from that class. It's a product of changing coaches and systems every two years. And no, you can't. Need to hope this one lasts longer and look forward.

Denver has won a SB,and Miami hasn't done much, but they managed to piece together a playoff spot in 2016. The Bills have done nothing.

They draft much lower than the Bills.

Denver has won a SB,and Miami hasn't done much, but they managed to piece together a playoff spot in 2016. The Bills have done nothing.

yes I think that kind of ... doesn't prove your assertion that you can't win anything with those types of draft classes though ... as I pointed out they all have. Edited by YoloinOhio

Where's the list of NE's first round picks?

where is the Bills from 2015? They traded it. The Pats lost those 1st round picks and that's part of their draft history, just like ours.

They had no 1st rd pick in 2013 or 2016 or 2017 due to cheating and trades. They cut their 2014 1st rounder Dominique Easley last year. They traded their 2012 first round pick Chandler Jones so they wouldn't have to pay him and well, drugs.

Edited by YoloinOhio