Lake Dawson Hired as Assistant Director of College Scouting

Impossible Rico, No one worth a damn wants to work for this dumpsterfire / the Pegulas / The sham of a GM search etc *dripping sarcasm off*

Make no mistake though, this wouldn't be happening without Whaley and Brandon being out of the way.

I was living in Kansas City when the Chiefs drafted him. The Chiefs had a number of players in trouble with the law. Dawson was not one of them. He started out pretty fast and had some promise but got injured. When interviewed he came across as articulate, mature, and team oriented. FWIW over 20 years ago

Obviously none of us know much on these guys but I like that we are getting experienced people from a variety of backgrounds and not just raiding a single "gm tree" and giving big bumps to everyone in it.

Might be a product of the timing and not being able to raid a staff but after getting McD and Beane I do like getting a variety of perspectives and experience in the room instead of the possible groupthink of getting the young panthers club or all Andy Reid guys

It does seem to be consistent and organized.

Cohesive? Continuity !

head hunting the exp int, up and comers. well done so far

Obviously none of us know much on these guys but I like that we are getting experienced people from a variety of backgrounds and not just raiding a single "gm tree" and giving big bumps to everyone in it.

Might be a product of the timing and not being able to raid a staff but after getting McD and Beane I do like getting a variety of perspectives and experience in the room instead of the possible groupthink of getting the young panthers club or all Andy Reid guys

People in Cleveland hold Dawson in very high regard. He is definitely a quality hire. He missed out on some GM spots he interviewed for, but I suspect he'll get one before too long. Hope we hang on to him for a bit here first though.

Very noticeable effect of the new PR guy with all these Bio's and quotes about all these hires no one would have hardly known existed previously

Seems like they are opening up the checkbook to hire the best available evaluators of talent. That's fine with me. They stuck with Doug and his guys for a few years, and it didn't pan out. The cyclical nature of the NFL says the Buffalo Bills are due to make a playoff run. We need to beat New England at least once this year.

I was living in Kansas City when the Chiefs drafted him. The Chiefs had a number of players in trouble with the law. Dawson was not one of them. He started out pretty fast and had some promise but got injured. When interviewed he came across as articulate, mature, and team oriented. FWIW over 20 years ago

:thumbsup:

Seems like they are opening up the checkbook to hire the best available evaluators of talent. That's fine with me. They stuck with Doug and his guys for a few years, and it didn't pan out. The cyclical nature of the NFL says the Buffalo Bills are due to make a playoff run. We need to beat New England at least once this year.

A lot of the hires weren't available. Paid them to leave.

My thought exactly. What the hell do I know about mid and lower level personnel guys??? But the men we're hiring all seem well-qualified, well-regarded, and are a diverse bunch.

That's my guess, too. I'm sure Beane's reputation helps but this is coming together awfully fast and some of the guys we're recruiting to fill personnel jobs here are making more-or-less lateral moves. I'm thinking some serious money is involved.

People in Cleveland hold Dawson in very high regard. He is definitely a quality hire. He missed out on some GM spots he interviewed for, but I suspect he'll get one before too long. Hope we hang on to him for a bit here first though.

thanks Barley

My thought exactly. What the hell do I know about mid and lower level personnel guys??? But the men we're hiring all seem well-qualified, well-regarded, and are a diverse bunch.

That's my guess, too. I'm sure Beane's reputation helps but this is coming together awfully fast and some of the guys we're recruiting to fill personnel jobs here are making more-or-less lateral moves. I'm thinking some serious money is involved.

Serious is probably a relative term. One thing that surprised about the NFL was always how little scouts, position coaches, etc... get paid. Someone like an assistant director of college scouting likely gets peanuts compared to even the late picks he makes. You'd think investing a little extra there would translate to success and wins and increased income for an owner. Hopefully we take advantage of that quirk in the system and get the best out there