DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I even explained it, you asshat.  You have to REMOVE THEM FROM OFFICE first.  That's why the qualification of "sitting" is there.  It's not a difficult concept.  

Well, what if they catch him when he's standing? They could remove him from office then! [#@AccasionallyOperationalCortex] #RESIST!

19 hours ago, njbuff said:

How does Schiff for brains get away with his BS, without consequences? 

Doesn't anyone on the Republican side press this moron about his unsubstantiated junk?

19 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

His boyfriend says his junk is unsubstantiated 

Perhaps unsubstantial is more apropos. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I even explained it, you asshat.  You have to REMOVE THEM FROM OFFICE first.  That's why the qualification of "sitting" is there.  It's not a difficult concept.  

30 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, what if they catch him when he's standing? They could remove him from office then! [#@AccasionallyOperationalCortex] #RESIST!

So that’s why they needed the term limit amendment to get rid of FDR. It all makes sense now. 

To be entirely fair, the right played the same game with Clinton and while it probably backfired in 98, it didn't seem to affect the 2000 Presidential race.

I lean left and have been trying to tell anyone who would listen to stop the Russia hysteria. There was every chance in the world little or nothing was there and they'd look like fools. But in this day and age, most of it will be forgotten by Nov 2020 even if the left has egg on their face.

Remember the Ralph Northam scandal? Seems like 100 years ago.

So while I concur with the board that the MSM and many lefty pols will look foolish, it probably won't last.

Edited by BillsSB2020

12 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Of course.

If you're a Democrat, if you can wait out the scandal for 10 days, you're home-free.  Republicans, it's a little longer - 14-21 days, maybe.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Of course.

If you're a Democrat, if you can wait out the scandal for 10 days, you're home-free.  Republicans, it's a little longer - 14-21 days, maybe.

Trump is a pioneer in this department and I mean that as a compliment. That's how you play the game circa 2019.

I still believe Al Franken made a huge mistake, but there was so much heat coming from the #MeToo crowd that it may have been unsustainable at the time.

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Trump is a pioneer in this department and I mean that as a compliment. That's how you play the game circa 2019.

I still believe Al Franken made a huge mistake, but there was so much heat coming from the #MeToo crowd that it may have been unsustainable at the time.

I wouldn't call Trump a pioneer, so much as other-worldly.  His strategy seems to be outlasting scandals by tweeting new ones.  

Normal people wait for the scandal to lose traction.  Trump just makes sure they never gain traction by ramming multiple scandals into each other like some warped version of social roller derby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

To be entirely fair, the right played the same game with Clinton and while it probably backfired in 98, it didn't seem to affect the 2000 Presidential race.

I lean left and have been trying to tell anyone who would listen to stop the Russia hysteria. There was every chance in the world little or nothing was there and they'd look like fools. But in this day and age, most of it will be forgotten by Nov 2020 even if the left has egg on their face.

So while I concur with the board that the MSM and many lefty pols will look foolish, it probably won't last.

This is why people will be indicted, tried, and jailed for the coup attempt. Because otherwise, you're right. People will forget and move on and what happened in 2016 will happen again. 

Examples will be made to assure that this never, ever, happens again.

Otherwise, the republic falls.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

So that’s why they needed the term limit amendment to get rid of FDR. It all makes sense now. 

Right. I distinctly remember how FDR was removed from office and replaced with Winston Churchill. That was a sad/glorious day depending on your point of view. 

45 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Right. I distinctly remember how FDR was removed from office and replaced with Winston Churchill. That was a sad/glorious day depending on your point of view. 

It's possible Roosevelt was an agent of the Soviet Union...

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Weird you wouldn't be happy that no collusion took place and the President won fairly.

Same people are upset that Jussie wasn't lynched.

People will do, say, and believe anything to protect their own self-identity.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

His penultimate veep Henry Wallace was highly suspect and Truman replaced him.

I disagree with this statement.

Wallace had different foreign policy prescriptions towards the Soviets, and his political opponents used it as an opportunity to paint him as a stooge.  Similar to what's happening today, it was an attempt by the powerful to criminalize foreign policy which deviated from their orthodoxy.

36 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I disagree with this statement.

Wallace had different foreign policy prescriptions towards the Soviets, and his political opponents used it as an opportunity to paint him as a stooge.  Similar to what's happening today, it was an attempt by the powerful to criminalize foreign policy which deviated from their orthodoxy.

They did remove him for deep concerns, whether it was wise or just is another question.

I’m grateful Truman stepped in.