DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

unclear.

the wording of the article title would seem to suggest that the DOJ has already subpoenaed the e-mails. however, the body would seem to suggest this is an opinion that it would be advisable only. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

unclear.

the wording of the article title would seem to suggest that the DOJ has already subpoenaed the e-mails. however, the body would seem to suggest this is an opinion that it would be advisable only. 

I think it’s speculation — that’s my take at least. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, snafu said:

No, he's using this hypothetical as an example of a "bad" motive by the DOJ to pull the case.

It is akin to the accusation in this case that the President brought pressure on the DOJ to dismiss.

I think he's playing devil's advocate.

I worked with a lady who, as it turns out, was a fundamentalist Christian.  I was unaware and said to her one day "To play devil's advocate..." , she stopped, looked at me in horror and said "HE DOES NOT NEED AN ADVOCATE!".  

I wasn't even sure initially who she was talking about.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I worked with a lady who, as it turns out, was a fundamentalist Christian.  I was unaware and said to her one day "To play devil's advocate..." , she stopped, looked at me in horror and said "HE DOES NOT NEED AN ADVOCATE!".  

I wasn't even sure initially who she was talking about.  

Maybe she's just not a Pacino fan?

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Maybe she's just not a Pacino fan?

She also used to say to me things like....”blah blah blah it was gross tech.”.  She used it fairly often in a variety of contexts when I realized she was trying to say “grotesque”.   She was 10 years or so younger than I, I really thought it was something all the cool kids were saying.  

It could  be Pacino though, I hadn’t considered that. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

unclear.

I read it as some guy's fantasy scenario.

I would not be in favor of the DOJ going after the judge's emails, absent some probable cause that there was something illegal in there.

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I read it as some guy's fantasy scenario.

I would not be in favor of the DOJ going after the judge's emails, absent some probable cause that there was something illegal in there.

Yeah, there have been a bunch of fantasy retribution theories floated this week that should never see the light of day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1