Methinks It's Time to Sell

Chef Jim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spice cupboard is alphabetical, labels forward. That's because of my wife, but I'm the only one who cooks, and of course I put it back where it came from.

Please, please, please teach my husband that trick. He does 75% of the cooking, but I do 100% of the cleaning up after him and putting away whatever he uses in his meals. :wallbash:

The spice cupboard is alphabetical, labels forward. That's because of my wife, but I'm the only one who cooks, and of course I put it back where it came from.

The spice drawer must be organized by most frequently used. Alphabetically is silly.

Now condiments on the other hand must be arranged by height and popularity

Our crawl space is spotless! We actually get compliments!

Is that really a good thing?

My crawl space is exactly that...a place to store chit and run wires/conduit etc. Could not give a damn what it looks like in there :nana: ..or spend one second cleaning it!

Please, please, please teach my husband that trick. He does 75% of the cooking, but I do 100% of the cleaning up after him and putting away whatever he uses in his meals. :wallbash:

Clean as you go...the ONLY way to cook! :)

Is that really a good thing?

My crawl space is exactly that...a place to store chit and run wires/conduit etc. Could not give a damn what it looks like in there :nana: ..or spend one second cleaning it!

I don't have to clean it, because I refuse to go in it! Therefore, nothing to clean up.

Clean as you go...the ONLY way to cook! :)

Lord, you sound like my MIL...would rather let food get cold as she does the dishes just so she does not have to "face the dishes" after dinner. WTF, dishes are there to have an after dinner drink, do the dishes,and get ready for desert!

Lord, you sound like my MIL...would rather let food get cold as she does the dishes just so she does not have to "face the dishes" after dinner. WTF, dishes are there to have an after dinner drink, do the dishes,and get ready for desert!

Oh no! The food comes FIRST! But you have a few seconds here and there to put things back where they came from. We used to take turns cooking in college. Whoever cooked didn't have to clean. One guy was such a mess he was relieved of cooking duties....too much of a slob!!! How did he get spaghetti sauce on the ceiling?

Regretfully guilty of allowing the food to get cold. Would rather re zap the food to rewarm to be able to enjoy the meal knowing there's minial clean up afterwards.

Oh no! The food comes FIRST! But you have a few seconds here and there to put things back where they came from. We used to take turns cooking in college. Whoever cooked didn't have to clean. One guy was such a mess he was relieved of cooking duties....too much of a slob!!! How did he get spaghetti sauce on the ceiling?

Spaghetti sauce on the ceiling? That's nothing. We had a three level loft when we lived in SF. The kitchen was on the third level. The back of the kitchen counter overlooked the floors below. I can't tell the number of items I found on the first floor. Including fish scales.

Regretfully guilty of allowing the food to get cold. Would rather re zap the food to rewarm to be able to enjoy the meal knowing there's minial clean up afterwards.

This! Was going to say same thing. Anyway, also do the job right vs. letting it all pile up in the end. It should all be like a well oiled machine and run itself... Especially when you are the host, it should be about cheerful service to others, food for you should come last and most certainly being cold is not a problem.

Spaghetti sauce on the ceiling? That's nothing. We had a three level loft when we lived in SF. The kitchen was on the third level. The back of the kitchen counter overlooked the floors below. I can't tell the number of items I found on the first floor. Including fish scales.

We probably have fish at least 3-4 nights a week. Almost never on the floor.

GEEZ.... energetic food prep there back in the day.

I bought my 30 acres 14 yrs ago at $ 750 an acre. Built a small ranch house and a 26 by 32 garage on it. I have a gas well on it. Well water and sand mound. Planted over 1500 trees on parts of it. Hate fields. Free heat and other gas run appl. Insurance app on house and garage were,not counting land were at 210. Did most of the work myself. Have around 120 in it all.

I bought my 30 acres 14 yrs ago at $ 750 an acre. Built a small ranch house and a 26 by 32 garage on it. I have a gas well on it. Well water and sand mound. Planted over 1500 trees on parts of it. Hate fields. Free heat and other gas run appl. Insurance app on house and garage were,not counting land were at 210. Did most of the work myself. Have around 120 in it all.

Well done sir. $750 /acre? That's in PA right? How much is land now?

Don't do it till you have a better place locked up. Are you leaving the area?

Exactly this. You don't gain much if you have to spend all your profit to get into another house ... and in the Bay Area, that's pretty much the case I think. If you were thinking of moving to an area with lower housing prices (most of the rest of the country), then now would certainly be the time to sell and move.

Exactly this. You don't gain much if you have to spend all your profit to get into another house ... and in the Bay Area, that's pretty much the case I think. If you were thinking of moving to an area with lower housing prices (most of the rest of the country), then now would certainly be the time to sell and move.

We are planning on moving to an area with lower prices. And by waiting to sell we'll be in a position to possibly show up with a cash deal. Also with essentially no contingents we'll also be in the drivers seat. So selling first then looking to buy is the best scenario.

But thanks for the advice. :D