Methinks It's Time to Sell

Chef Jim

WhoooHooo! We no longer own property in Florida. The sale closed, the wire hit, and we are done. I could write a book about selling in Florida (NEVER again), but I am just glad it is done. And to repeat: NEVER again.

Congrats. We fell out of escrow yesterday. Buyers backed out. I knew we were in trouble when they brought his parents to the inspection.

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. We fell out of escrow yesterday. Buyers backed out. I knew we were in trouble when they brought his parents to the inspection.

Our first "buyers" did a real number on us, and we also fell out of escrow with them. The second time was the charm. I hope things go smoothly with your next buyer.

CONGRATS!

(Though I'd love to have a small place in Sarasota or Naples.)

Thank you!!

Rent! There are lots of lovely places to rent throughout much of Florida.

Or maybe they just came to their senses & didn't feel like dropping a million dollars on an average house, with no backyard & a nice view of a couple bridges. :nana:

Edited by Gordio

Or maybe they just came to their senses & didn't feel like dropping a million dollars on an average house, with no backyard & a nice view of a couple bridges. :nana:

Everyone has lost their senses out here. They were from Texas so we can give them a pass. They'll likely end up paying $750k for a home with bars on the windows. Bye bye wacky Bay Area.

Everyone has lost their senses out here. They were from Texas so we can give them a pass. They'll likely end up paying $750k for a home with bars on the windows. Bye bye wacky Bay Area.

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me.

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me.

There is a part of me that feels sorry for them. They were prepared to pay nearly a million for a house in one of the most crime ridden cities in the nation. Sure is a nicer part but criminals aren't confined. They have a 7 month old baby and compared to where I grew up and other parts of California this is a terrible place to raise a child. His job is taking him here but I think they may have to settle and go with a small condo "over the hill". The things his dad was complaining about drove us nuts. It's a 60 year old house dude. I've spent a lot of time in Orange County since I moved here and the difference between here and there is beyond night and day. Can't wait to move.

Building these up the street from us. Wife and I walk by the models every morning. We have gone through three of the models several times now. These are actual pics of the models to. They have not built the Madrone one yet though that I have seen.. Anyway, off the hook luxury. I've got the single floor(Monterey) picked out. Yes of course I do. :rolleyes:

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-homes-for-sale/California/Iron-Oak-at-Alamo-Creek#homedesigns

Edited by Dante

Building these up the street from us. Wife and I walk by the models every morning. We have gone through three of the models several times now. They have not built the Madrone one yet. Off the hook luxury. I've got the single floor(Monterey) picked out. Yes of course I do. :rolleyes:

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-homes-for-sale/California/Iron-Oak-at-Alamo-Creek#homedesigns

And where I'm going it's even worse. We used to hike in the hills in OC and multi-million dollar homes as far as the eye could see and this was 10 plus years ago. There is so much !@#$ing money here it's insane.

BTW those were some ugly ass homes.

Building these up the street from us. Wife and I walk by the models every morning. We have gone through three of the models several times now. These are actual pics of the models to. They have not built the Madrone one yet though that I have seen.. Anyway, off the hook luxury. I've got the single floor(Monterey) picked out. Yes of course I do. :rolleyes:

Can I stay in the Casita? :)

My wife was recently offered a similar position out of the San Francisco office. She was flattered naturally, but couldn't turn it down fast enough. While they'd probably bump her pay, there is zero chance they could properly adjust for the cost of living. I tried to get her to play along and go out to loook, as I'd love a free trip to go visit again. Some places are great to visit, and others better suited for living in.

And where I'm going it's even worse. We used to hike in the hills in OC and multi-million dollar homes as far as the eye could see and this was 10 plus years ago. There is so much !@#$ing money here it's insane.

BTW those were some ugly ass homes.

It's all a matter of taste I guess. Kind of Mediterranean style They certainly aren't ugly inside. Have every feature you can think of and the outside living area is what I think will really sell . Check out the video of the Ponderosa and the backyard. I dream of a Margarita at the pool bar watching the Bills or Sharks. But for sure we talk about where the money comes from all the time. With the way the models are decorated and landscaped they have to be worth 3.5 million and then to maintain and pay the taxes? We could pay for that end of it I think lol.

Edited by Dante

Damn...Lobsters still at the opener right?

Sure will be sold by this weekend.

We raised the price so Hell Yeah!!

It's all a matter of taste I guess. Kind of Mediterranean style They certainly aren't ugly inside. Have every feature you can think of and the outside living area is what I think will really sell . Check out the video of the Ponderosa and the backyard. I dream of a Margarita at the pool bar watching the Bills or Sharks. But for sure we talk about where the money comes from all the time. With the way the models are decorated and landscaped they have to be worth 3.5 million and then to maintain and pay the taxes? We could pay for that end of it I think lol.

And I wouldn't be surprised if those are base prices and all the upgrades are extra. We were looking a new homes in Brentwood and they !@#$ing nickle and dime the **** out of you.

I kind of like the exteriors, but the interiors are pretty contemporary and don't seem consist. But I do love a nice model with all the bells and whistles! Plus the outdoor area, I miss that coming from Florida.

I kind of like the exteriors, but the interiors are pretty contemporary and don't seem consist. But I do love a nice model with all the bells and whistles! Plus the outdoor area, I miss that coming from Florida.

The wife and I used to visit all the models of homes that we could never afford. You get great decorating ideas. The stagers did a great job with our place. Funny to live on someone else's furniture.

The wife and I used to visit all the models of homes that we could never afford. You get great decorating ideas. The stagers did a great job with our place. Funny to live on someone else's furniture.

HA!!! I used to do the same thing. The kids were always worried on the way back from a soccer game or church. If we saw an open house or model I'd start slowing down and the kids would scream "Oh, dad, please not again!!!". I eventually left banking to buy into a real estate operation. The best 13 working years of my life, because it never felt like work.

Staging does wonders. Again...good luck!

We raised the price so Hell Yeah!!

And I wouldn't be surprised if those are base prices and all the upgrades are extra. We were looking a new homes in Brentwood and they !@#$ing nickle and dime the **** out of you.

Good, cause i don't give a chit about you or your home, just want lobster!

HA!!! I used to do the same thing. The kids were always worried on the way back from a soccer game or church. If we saw an open house or model I'd start slowing down and the kids would scream "Oh, dad, please not again!!!". I eventually left banking to buy into a real estate operation. The best 13 working years of my life, because it never felt like work.

Staging does wonders. Again...good luck!

that's cool, need to hear more. You need to come to opener Augie!

My son just bought a house in Haymarket Va. it is in a toll brothers development. 2,800sq. Ft gated community. 13 years old. My daughter looked at hem a few years who in MA.

I know where he is..I drive 15 when coming back to Richmond from North of Frederick..is he at the golf club there? That development looks awesome

We just got 3 rooms re-carpeted and we picked the carpet style from one of the model homes. Two of these houses have a service kitchen btw. So behind the main one there is another galley style deal. I guess if you have a caterer? Not sure. Also a dedicated tiled dog bath/shower in the mud room lol.