Methinks It's Time to Sell

Chef Jim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never too late. ;)

I will begin the bidding at $27.50, a hopper full of used tennis balls and an indoor/outdoor ping pong table (one wheeel broken and delivery not included). Pretty strong first offer, I think. PM me if you want a quick close. :)

I will begin the bidding at $27.50, a hopper full of used tennis balls and an indoor/outdoor ping pong table (one wheeel broken and delivery not included). Pretty strong first offer, I think. PM me if you want a quick close. :)

Offer taken into consideration. And I will use this for marketing the property.

Home is so hot it received bids before it was even listed.

Offer taken into consideration. And I will use this for marketing the property.

Home is so hot it received bids before it was even listed.

In all seriousness, best of luck with the sale and the transition. Hope it's all you want......and more!

(But, did the early bids top mine? I thought the ping pong table was pretty enticing. )

We sold a house in FL before it ever hit the market back in the peak. The buyer's parents were friends with the folks we bought from. She had been in the house as a teen. We put it in MLS saying no showings until some kitchen changes were made. She was a co-worker of my wife and called asking if she could come over for coffee. They offered about $20k below list, we said go check MLS....we just raised the asking price $20k (without ever having shown it!), but you can have at the old ask for a deal today. Hot markets are funny. :)

Edited by Augie

House prices in SoCal have gone completely bonkers. They're now surging over the pre-crash peaks.

I bought in late 2007, right before the massive crash, and had good folks on TBD wishing me luck.

Last I checked I was up 30% over my purchase price, and I'm afraid to check it now, because it's probably up even more.

Thank heavens for Proposition 13 or the taxes alone would eat me alive!

Of course it's all relative to location; the Inland Empire hasn't rebounded as much as the Foothills, etc.

Palm Springs would be nice for retirement. I was out there with relatives this Spring.

You're probably not going to need your Egg where you're moving.

When you're ready to ship, let me know and I'll give you my address.

Or perhaps you can attend the SHOOTY.

House prices in SoCal have gone completely bonkers. They're now surging over the pre-crash peaks.

I bought in late 2007, right before the massive crash, and had good folks on TBD wishing me luck.

Last I checked I was up 30% over my purchase price, and I'm afraid to check it now, because it's probably up even more.

Thank heavens for Proposition 13 or the taxes alone would eat me alive!

Of course it's all relative to location; the Inland Empire hasn't rebounded as much as the Foothills, etc.

Palm Springs would be nice for retirement. I was out there with relatives this Spring.

Regarding property taxes. Our taxes are now about $7,600 a year. The new owners will likely pay about $14,000 a year. Based on that the city/county should be paying us to sell to double their tax base.

It's currently in storage someplace. :cry:

I still haven't figured out SHOOTY. :lol:

Regarding property taxes. Our taxes are now about $7,600 a year. The new owners will likely pay about $14,000 a year. Based on that the city/county should be paying us to sell to double their tax base.

It's currently in storage someplace. :cry:

I still haven't figured out SHOOTY. :lol:

I can never figure how the counties plead poverty when their real estate tax base revenues are sky rocketing.

Be more than happy to sell you my Large 10 year old egg...prolly cost more to ship than i would charge you to buy!

I am open to bringing it to the opener if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Sure we can work out a price.

Chef, hope you have come to successful conclusion this weekend! More than $20K what you were expected, you buying lobster for the the opener tailgate!

• 2 weeks later...

Be more than happy to sell you my Large 10 year old egg...prolly cost more to ship than i would charge you to buy!

I am open to bringing it to the opener if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Sure we can work out a price.

Chef, hope you have come to successful conclusion this weekend! More than $20K what you were expected, you buying lobster for the the opener tailgate!

Uh oh....looks like I'm buying a **** ton of lobsters.