Karlos key to a playoff run? UPDATE: Suspended for 2017-18

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills lost a very good player that will be NE featured back.What's this reserve back nonsense-he was good.

Yes. He was good and we'll miss him. McDermott didn't think he was worth the money. He's gone. Move on

Bills lost a very good player that will be NE featured back.What's this reserve back nonsense-he was good.

6 carries a game average with the Bills....

You may not like the term back up but that's exactly what he was.

Gillislee did his job ... His job this year will be as the patriots #2 or maybe #3 RB.

He's going to split carries with White, Lewis and Burkhead.

Edited by Teeflebees

Gillislee did his job ... His job this year will be as the patriots #2 or maybe #3 RB.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4802761/landing-mike-gillislee-continues-patriots-theme-of-known-value

"The Patriots aren’t paying Gillislee more than $3 million per season to be a backup, so the expectation is that he will essentially fill LeGarrette Blount’s role. Blount remains a free agent, and it is hard to see a spot for him on the roster with Gillislee now in the fold."

6 carries a game average with the Bills....

You may not like the term back up but that's exactly what he was.

He's going to split carries with White, Lewis and Burkhead.

What's that have to do with anything? he's a very good player that happened to be backing up an elite player. That elite player may or may not stay healthy for a full 16 games.That PFF ranking has us low for one big reason-the Bills depth is bad.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4802761/landing-mike-gillislee-continues-patriots-theme-of-known-value

"The Patriots arent paying Gillislee more than $3 million per season to be a backup, so the expectation is that he will essentially fill LeGarrette Blounts role. Blount remains a free agent, and it is hard to see a spot for him on the roster with Gillislee now in the fold."

What's that have to do with anything? he's a very good player that happened to be backing up an elite player. That elite player may or may not stay healthy for a full 16 games.That PFF ranking has us low for one big reason-the Bills depth is bad.

So the Pats aren't paying MG $3+ million to be a back up but you wanted the Bills?

I didn't know you held PFF as gospel.

So the Pats aren't paying MG $3+ million to be a back up but you wanted the Bills?

If McCoy goes down, I'd rather have MG then Williams here. My only hope is that Tolbert really shows something.

And I think PFF has us a little too low, but it doesn't mean that the depth is not bad.All in all, I'd say the Bills, if I had to put them in a real power ranking, I'd put them at 20.Last two seasons that would be higher.

If McCoy goes down, I'd rather have MG then Williams here. My only hope is that Tolbert really shows something.

2 years in a row we had a 6th round rookie and a 26 year old street free agent average over 5 ypc.

We are designed to run the ball and we focus on that. Our RB production has a lot to do with the system and I'm confident we will be able to replicate similar production out of J. Williams.

Edited by Teeflebees

2 years in a row we had a 6th round rookie and a 26 year old street free agent average over 5 ypc.

We are designed to run the ball and we focus on that. Our RB production has a lot to do with the system and I'm confident we will be able to replicate similar production out of J. Williams.

Williams didn't look good in this system. Not so far. Hope you're right. Could be that Karlos was a lot more talented-but a buffoon-and MG is a lot more talented.

Don't pay Shady. RB's are a dime a dozen, Shady isn't worth the money........then our backup RB is signed by another team and suddenly losing a backup RB is "huge" loss. I just don't understand people sometimes.

The guy got most of his yards after the defense had been worn down by an entire game of chasing Shady around. The game he had his most carries and was the feature back...2015 vs the NYJ. 24 carries for a whopping 28 yards. If you think that he is going to repeat his YPC over an entire season of being a #1 back, well, I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

Edited by Mark80

Don't pay Shady. RB's are a dime a dozen, Shady isn't worth the money........then our backup RB is signed by another team and suddenly losing a backup RB is "huge" loss. I just don't understand people sometimes.

The guy got most of his yards after the defense had been worn down by an entire game of chasing Shady around. The game he had his most carries and was the feature back...2015 vs the NYJ. 24 carries for a whopping 28 yards. If you think that he is going to repeat his YPC over an entire season of being a #1 back, well, I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

His YPC will be more than fine in NE, he will be running against favorable matchups and they will pass the rest of the time. Blount ran for 5.0 and 4.7 for a few years in NE, I would easily pencil MG at 4.5+

The durability would be my concern with using MG as a primary back, not the production.

Edited by Commonsense