Buffalo News:90 man depth roster heading into practices.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/90-man-depth-chart-heading-spring-practices/

• Quarterback: 1. Tyrod Taylor. 2. T.J. Yates. 3. Cardale Jones. 4. Nathan Peterman. 5. Josh Woodrum.

Analysis: There has been plenty of talk about how every position on the roster is up for grabs, but the reality is it would take a significant injury for Taylor to lose his starting spot. The more interesting battles will come behind him. Can either Jones or Peterman push Yates for the backup job? Will it come down to Peterman or Jones for a roster spot as the third quarterback?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mine:

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Cardale Jones

3. Nathan Peterman

4. T.J. Yates (Will be Released)

5. Josh Woodrum(Will be Released)

I don't see Jones being on this roster. This regime would never have drafted him imho. Yates has ties to the WCO. Tyrod (who will be looking over his shoulder) Peterman and Yates will be the QB's

I can see that happening

No way. Jones flat sucks and isn't ready for the NFL still. Peterman is light years ahead and so is Yates. Fans need to quit looking at arm strength.

No way. Jones flat sucks and isn't ready for the NFL still. Peterman is light years ahead and so is Yates. Fans need to quit looking at arm strength.

I hated the Jones pick.

That said, I wonder how his off-season training has gone. For all we know, the kid could take a big step forward in his 2nd year. His biggest strengths are his size and attitude.

This is mine:

1. Tyrod Taylor

2. Cardale Jones

3. Nathan Peterman

4. T.J. Yates (Will be Released)

5. Josh Woodrum(Will be Released)

They didn't sign Yates to release him. They want a veteran backup on the roster. I think JOnes is the one in jeopardy along with Woodrum.

This is mine:

1. Tyrod Taylor [/size]

2. Cardale Jones[/size]

3. Nathan Peterman[/size]

4. T.J. Yates (Will be Released)[/size]

5. Josh Woodrum(Will be Released)[/size]

Would be great if it turned out they were the best 3, but either Jones or Peterman will be released most likely. Don't just assume it will be Jones either. He showed good intangibles last season to go along with his arm strength and size. Edited by vincec

They didn't sign Yates to release him. They want a veteran backup on the roster. I think JOnes is the one in jeopardy along with Woodrum.

Didn't we sign Cassell and then trade him?

Players get signed and released all the time.

I dont think that's the case here but, it's not out of the relm of possibility