Peter King/MMQB: The Bills Begin... Again

Well, not going to debate TT. As for Cardale, Yates, and Peterman none of this group would give me a warm feeling if Tyrod went down and they had to start.

That's the case for the majority of NFL teams. Backups are backups for a reason.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked that out too. Should I be embarrassed? TT anD Yates are the only ones with experienc, the others are CJ who is stated as being very raw and the 5th round NP.

I don't buy that at all. Brady, Garoppolo and Brisset. 1 Super Star and two others that won games making it look easy. Brisset played the bills with an injured thumb which may be why the Pats scored 0 points.

Yeah, that group looks a bit better.

That line has circulated and is being "addressed"

http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/5/15/15640178/bills-new-head-coach-suggests-buffalo-has-better-quarterback-depth-than-the-patriots

That’s a solid quarterback room, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a stretch to call it the best depth in the league.

I guess he's not that far off

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

The QB crop out there is bad.

I look at depth as a blend of quality and quantity with any position. At QB they have a solid starter with experience in the offense, vet backup with a playoff background and experience in the offense, a rookie considered the most NFL-ready in the draft, and a 2nd year project with unique physical talent. That's a nice mix to have.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Well, not going to debate TT. As for Cardale, Yates, and Peterman none of this group would give me a warm feeling if Tyrod went down and they had to start.

TT is not terrible, as you seem to think. Far from it.

McDermott: We’re anxious to see how Tyrod develops in his third year as a starter in a new system, a system that he has some familiarity with in terms of [new Buffalo offensive coordinator] Rick Dennison’s system in Baltimore a few years back with Gary Kubiak.

This is really encouraging for me. I felt Tyrod made progress last year with his decision making. Not as much as I hoped, but he improved. Tyrod is definitely a young starter in this league and I'm glad to see coach recognizes this and is willing to give him more time. The class, passion, and character TT displays demand it.

Nice read. I know we've all come to distrust what guys say coming out of the gate here in Buffalo, but I really think the Pegula's have finally figured out how to get the right people running their sports teams.

We just may be in the early days of the next golden era.

What? No more bronze medals? :unsure:

Coaches believe they can fix the flaws in players - if they didn't they wouldn't be coaches (let alone become head coaches). I would expect nothing less than McDermott to say he's excited to see what Tyrod does in this system. So am I.

But anybody who has some knowledge about the game knows that Tyrod DOES have flaws. It's the staff's job to a) work with him on improving those things and 2) minimizing them with game plans and complementary personnel.

Good article, thanks for posting. Sounds to me like Beane is less sold on Tyrod than McDermott is and I don't mind that at all. I like the mindset of always trying to solidify the QB position. Keep your starter but don't stop looking for improvement. That's the way it should be.

I really hope that is just coach speak and he is not serious. Because then we have a VERY serious problem.

It's coach speak.

Here's the thing. We are in a win win situation

If Tyrod Taylor takes a significant leap forward this year, we have a guy to build our team around. Positive.

If Taylor is bad and mediocre at best, we can cut him loose due to his contract. O and the best thing? We have TWO first round picks in next years class that is considered one of the best QB classes in a long time.

We are in a great spot for the first time in a very long time.

I believe we have the guys in place now to compete for many many years.

Is it training camp yet?

It's coach speak.

Here's the thing. We are in a win win situation

If Tyrod Taylor takes a significant leap forward this year, we have a guy to build our team around. Positive.

If Taylor is bad and mediocre at best, we can cut him loose due to his contract. O and the best thing? We have TWO first round picks in next years class that is considered one of the best QB classes in a long time.

We are in a great spot for the first time in a very long time.

I believe we have the guys in place now to compete for many many years.

Is it training camp yet?

His contract is a 8.5 million dead cap hit if we release him after this year. That is not great to have 8.5 dead cap.