Trump Fires James Comey!

The problem with that advice is that the vast majority of people have only secondhand knowledge, at best, and GIGO applies: the best discernment in the world doesn't mean anything when you simply don't know ****.

This is undoubtedly true.

The first step is to unplug from the noise machine - regardless of a person's abilities to think for themselves or use discernment properly. If all the people who are incapable of thinking for themselves or using discernment would simply tune out the noise pollution they would still be uninformed - but far less triggered and far more capable of having a conversation that actually informs and educates rather than the partisan shouting matches our discourse naturally devolves to these days.

/my2cents

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAPPENING NOW: Democrats fill Senate Chamber to protest firing of James Comey.

Dems threaten to bring Senate to a crawl over FBI firing | TheHill
thehill.com/.../
How will anybody notice the difference........................without the "announcement"
B-)

Every time you think Democrats can't be more stupid: they surprise you.

As if there isn't 10 page list of anti-Comey quotes from the very people filling the chamber.

And, as if there won't be campaign ads in 2018 showing these clowns standing in the chamber today, with their hate-filled quotes directed at Comey running alongside. :wallbash:

They are literally creating the ads that will defeat them, and making the production of those ads cost nothing.

The complete idiocy of the left in one image.

C_d3WVsUwAAp-lz.jpg

They think we're stupid and can't remember anything that happened yesterday.

Little do they know we have this thing called the internet where everything they've ever said or done is recorded.

This is undoubtedly true.

The first step is to unplug from the noise machine - regardless of a person's abilities to think for themselves or use discernment properly. If all the people who are incapable of thinking for themselves or using discernment would simply tune out the noise pollution they would still be uninformed - but far less triggered and far more capable of having a conversation that actually informs and educates rather than the partisan shouting matches our discourse naturally devolves to these days.

/my2cents

2 problems in addition to what you said:

1. Some people honestly don't have time to do the work. So, they turn on a "duke it out" show that presents both sides quickly and succinctly. This is why FOX dominates the ratings and why MSNBC and CNN do not. Fox puts the best the left has on the air, the others do the opposite. People want summarized info, for both sides to get the point, so they can make up their minds. FOX has always understood this. The others have hosts who are too chickenshit to deal with people from the right who can fight back. Or, they want to have people from the right who hate Trump too...see: George Will hired by CNN.

Hate to invoke Alaska_Darin, but people want Hot-Pockets.

2. Other people just wanna see the fight. Tucker Carlson is eating everybody's lunch in the ratings...because he's F'ing hilarious. Barely a day goes by when I don't see RCP touting one of Carlson's beat-downs. Of all the talking heads, he's the only one who could last more than a week here. Maddow couldn't last a single thread without calling us names. Pigheaded people, on both sides, don't care as long as somebody gets their ass kicked.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

1. Some people honestly don't have time to do the work. So, they turn on a "duke it out" show that presents both sides quickly and succinctly. This is why FOX dominates the ratings and why MSNBC and CNN do not. Fox puts the best the left has on the air, the others do the opposite. People want summarized info, for both sides to get the point, so they can make up their minds. FOX has always understood this. The others have hosts who are too chickenshit to deal with people from the right who can fight back. Or, they want to have people from the right who hate Trump too...see: George Will hired by CNN.

2. Other people just wanna see the fight. Tucker Carlson is eating everybody's lunch in the ratings...because he's F'ing hilarious. Barely a day goes by when I don't see RCP touting one of Carlson's beat-downs. Of all the talking heads, he's the only one who could last more than a week here. Maddow couldn't last a single thread without calling us names. Pigheaded people, on both sides, don't care as long as somebody gets their ass kicked.

Conditioning is a hell of a thing.

:lol:

The optics just keep getting better. Here's Putin being asked about it today... before he played hockey.

Ya, the Russian investigation is just fake news :bag:

The Russian investigation. What exactly do you see there? The Flynn issue, of course, is newsworthy. He was terminated. The Russian investigation thereafter is about...what? Seems to me folks with your worldview are lead around chasing shadows that lead to nothing.

I'm all for the rule of law and if investigation reveals Trump being knuckles deep in a conspiracy, so be it.

What do you see?

Conditioning is a hell of a thing.

IF the choice is between full familiarization with the proposed tax reform measures...

....and completing a project that's about to land(which takes you out of all life as you might know it)

....and dealing with your sick child

....and whatevertheFelse because there are other things people prioritize over said familiarity?

We can merely say: those are all choices. It's not conditioning. Choices are the opposite of conditioning.

Where the real problem lies: when people choose stupidity. It's one thing to knowingly choose to be ignorant on a topic, because you have other things to do.

It's quite another to chose to comment on a topic, if you haven't made the previous choice to educate yourself about it first. At best that's gambling, at worst: it's the definition of stupidity.

Worst of all is Tiberius: who digs his heels in after his stupidity has been proven.

Wasn't it not too long ago these exact same morons wanted him fired? :wacko:

As I said: they are literally creating the campaign ads that will defeat them as we speak. And, they are doing it for free! :wacko:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Fox rules the ratings (except Maddow's time slot) because they own a monopoly as they're the only conservative network. However, MSNBC had their biggest quarter in history this year as they jumped up 61% in prime time viewers compared to the same quarter last year. They now have more viewers than CNN because CNN is just awful. They also beat Fox with the 25-54 demographic during the 9 pm time slot with Rachel Maddow beating Tucker Carlson in that age group when Tucker was at the 9 pm slot. Again, Fox is still King, but Trump is good for business on the liberal MSNBC.

Comey should have been fired by Obama, period. The Rosenstein memo is inarguable IMO, whether you are Democrat or Republican. Beyond the politics, Comey was using a public platform to convey his version of the truth and usurping power and procedures. Why would you go public with reopening the Clintion investigation 2 weeks before the election without first investigating whether there was any new merit to it?

Pages 4 and 5:

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/politics/fbi-director-james-b-comeys-termination-letters-from-the-white-house-attorney-general/2430/

The fun part is watching everyone take sides on what should be a united, long under-resolved issue.

Edited by GaryPinC

2. Other people just wanna see the fight. Tucker Carlson is eating everybody's lunch in the ratings...because he's F'ing hilarious. Barely a day goes by when I don't see RCP touting one of Carlson's beat-downs. Of all the talking heads, he's the only one who could last more than a week here.

Tucker would do well here because he has perfected a common TBD tactic of taking one small point out of a much bigger argument ( often out of context ) and beating them over the head with it.

Comey should have been fired by Obama, period. The Rosenstein memo is inarguable IMO, whether you are Democrat or Republican. Beyond the politics, Comey was using a public platform to convey his version of the truth and usurping power and procedures. Why would you go public with reopening the Clintion investigation 2 weeks before the election without first investigating whether there was any new merit to it?

Pages 4 and 5:

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/politics/fbi-director-james-b-comeys-termination-letters-from-the-white-house-attorney-general/2430/

The fun part is watching everyone take sides on what should be a united, long under-resolved issue.

I'm sure the GOP would of been happy with Obama firing Comey in the middle or right after the Hillary e-mail investigation. They had 33 Benghazi hearings costing 7 million dollars that amounted to zilch. You don't think Obama would of been up for impeachment if he fired Comey?

I'm sure the GOP would of been happy with Obama firing Comey in the middle or right after the Hillary e-mail investigation. They had 33 Benghazi hearings costing 7 million dollars that amounted to zilch. You don't think Obama would of been up for impeachment if he fired Comey?

Amounted to zilch?

Again, that's only someone someone who didn't pay attention to the hearings - or the events of the last few months - would say.

I agree with you that those hearings were overdone to the point of being nauseating. But that doesn't mean there wasn't fire found under all the smoke. There was plenty, including the US State Department running guns into Syria to arm AQ...

... But we don't want to talk about that. It would destroy that narrative you've been sold.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Amounted to zilch?

Again, that's only someone someone who didn't pay attention to the hearings - or the events of the last few months - would say.

I agree with you that those hearings were overdone to the point of being nauseating. But that doesn't mean there wasn't fire found under all the smoke. There was plenty, including the US State Department running guns into Syria to arm AQ...

... But we don't want to talk about that. It would destroy that narrative you've been sold.

By amounting to zilch I meant zero indictments.

No, I don't. I was extremely happy Hillary lost but was incredulous at Comey's essentially insubordinate behavior at the July press conference and recklessness just before the election. He should have kept the reopened investigation quiet until he confirmed there was sufficient new evidence to justify formally reopening it. Lynch's actions were shaky at best but that wasn't for Comey to step in on. If he felt strongly enough about it he should have resigned after the DOJ refused to charge HRC.