Congrats to New Graduate, Cardale Jones

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most white people got degrees in White People Studies for the last few hundred years.

Nice work, Mr. Jones.

That is funny taken on a non racial satirical context. Thanks.

Wonder where he did his internships?

On a serious note. Congrats Cardale Jones.

Not that it's not great to see some of you own up to your mistakes for a change.........but what's the deal with a degree in African American Studies?.......if you are African American do you have to address Cardale by a title now? Is there a postgraduate option? Residency? Certified Professional exam? And when is the party?

Edited by cba fan

Nice job young man. Stay the course and keep developing. You have the chance to set yourself up for the next two decades with a5 or 6 year runs as a QB in the NFL. I have my doubt that he will develop but I hope he at least gets a fair shot with the new regime. The kid took an absolute beating against Alabama and just kept getting up. If nothing else he seems to have courage and determination. That goes a long way.

clue me in.. i never heard of that degree,,, "White Peoples studies" ? for real?

No, of course it's not a real thing. People who use the term will say that it's just satire, but if you look more closely you'll find that it's nothing more than a thinly-veiled slur. Not sure why it's being tolerated here.

No, of course it's not a real thing. People who use the term will say that it's just satire, but if you look more closely you'll find that it's nothing more than a thinly-veiled slur. Not sure why it's being tolerated here.

Im sure if the same thing came up in a pitty party for a recently fired gm it wouldnt be tolerated, but since its the longshot backup qb....

Congratulations young man. Glad too see you recognized the importance of finishing your education. A nice step in showing your maturity and stamina too see things through!

your best post ever

:thumbsup:

thanks

Edited by 3rdand12

Didnt think my posts drew up a fan cult. Ill keep that in mind. Anywho, I just believe its an extremely productive first step for CJ in the way of maturity and manhood.

Look closer, not THE best post ever, but YOUR best post ever. I think there's less adoration there than you thought. But keep up the good work.

The trend is good.

Look closer, not THE best post ever, but YOUR best post ever. I think there's less adoration there than you thought. But keep up the good work.

The trend is good.

Got another added to the fan club. Thanks, and dont worry my reading comprehension is on point unlike a few here...

Incorrect and ignorant.......and if you find yourself asking that question here every time you are upset with satire then YOU will find yourself not being tolerated. :flirt:

I think it's fair to question the necessity and value of charging $100K(local)-$200K(out-of-state) for the kind of degree that usually sets you up for.......the necessity for a lot more education just to earn the kind of living that could one day put a kid thru Ohio State.

What he accomplished is a degree in playing football for Ohio State.......setting himself up to work in lower-middle management as the sports celebrity guy in the office of some branch of Hertz or UPS.

That's an Ohio State tradition.

But the degree itself? For the people who pay for it, they are basically all set for a career in financial disappointment if they don't get a graduate degree.

So......as I thinly veiled earlier.......SHAM degree.

That's not to take away entirely from the congrats.......albeit a sham degree it's nice that he is setting himself up for an easier life if football fails.....at a time when we are seeing how bad things can get for a guy like Karlos Williams.

I think from my perspective........we give people like Cardale too much credit for simply doing what they are SUPPOSED to do........and we are too critical and unforgiving of young people like Karlos when they make mistakes.