PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

Which is why we won't make the postseason with him.

I really do not understand this point of view....

If our defense doesnt allow Miami to rack up 2 200 yard rushing games we WOULD have made the post season.

Warned?

Sorry...I have received absolutely no warnings for anything here. You must have me mistaken for the posters that can't control themselves when discussing certain topics with me...JM2009 has been warned here for his conduct, though.

You chastised me for giving someone back the treatment they gave me...funny how that goes. It's ok because that poster agrees with you on Taylor.

It's fine to disagree and have discussion. I've always maintained a level of respect here until someone decides to respond inappropriately.

These posters that hate me and have an issue with my take on Taylor have demonstrated time and time again that they are the ones that can't behave and have discussion. Again...I have not received, nor do I deserve any type of warnings here.

My take has simply been that Taylor is not good enough. I have been fine with him as the stopgap for this season, as the pickings were slim, and McDermott didn't want to have this team starting from square one. My issue was the money he was due, and the fact that his play didn't warrant that previous deal. He also doesn't deserve the job security. The Bills agreed with me and took both away from him. Now it's do or die for Taylor as a Bill, and I'm fine with sorting that out in a throw away year for this staff.

I'm certainly not always negative. There are a number of things I'm positive about with this team. Taylor, however is not one of them.

Carry on with whatever it is you like to do here, but please don't portray me as a deviant here on this board. It's actually completely untrue, and it's stuff like that that gets posters in trouble.

Consider this a friendly reminder, friend.

OK....dont say I didnt warn you...:)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else find the bolded ironic?

I don't criticize other's opinions...I simply state why I don't agree if that's the way I feel.

Where you got the notion that I don't respect other's POV, I don't know. Some of The most respected posters here and from the previous board have great discussion with me without any issues, and we have disagreed plenty. The difference is they don't get emotional over it, and they can keep it within the lines.

Others have shown they can't. They are too emotionally invested in their position. I am not. I have reasons for my positions on topics, and I stick to that.

Posters have only received extra from me when they have crossed the line first. At that point...it's either ignore them or play on their level. I try to choose the high road, but I can't always let some of the insults or lies be out there without responding in kind.

I don't criticize other's opinions...I simply state why I don't agree if that's the way I feel.

Where you got the notion that I don't respect other's POV, I don't know. Some of The most respected posters here and from the previous board have great discussion with me without any issues, and we have disagreed plenty. The difference is they don't get emotional over it, and they can keep it within the lines.

Others have shown they can't. They are too emotionally invested in their position. I am not. I have reasons for my positions on topics, and I stick to that.

Posters have only received extra from me when they have crossed the line first. At that point...it's either ignore them or play on their level. I try to choose the high road, but I can't always let some of the insults or lies be out there without responding in kind.

You should go back and read what you are writing so you dont look QUITE as ridiculous

Edited by John from Hemet

You should go back and read what you are writing so you dont look QUITE as ridiculous

There's no need, because I know what I do.

I discuss the topic at hand. I back up my position with detailed responses. I treat posters respectfully until they stop doing so.

I can't help if you feel a certain way, but I'm telling you the truth. Do what you wish with it.

There's no need, because I know what I do.

I discuss the topic at hand. I back up my position with detailed responses. I treat posters respectfully until they stop doing so.

I can't help if you feel a certain way, but I'm telling you the truth. Do what you wish with it.

I choose to discard it because it simply isnt true.

I choose to discard it because it simply isnt true.

Sorry you feel that way.

Nothing else I can do if you don't take me at my word.

The best course of action for you now would be to simply ignore me if that's truly how you feel. Best of luck to you

Its been explained too much at this point jmc....the horse glue is not sitting on the shelf

I'm not sure what your point is. Suffice it to say that you earlier pointed to Miami's "team" as the reason they made the postseason, but we had better runners and a better defense last year. And, you say, a better QB. So why did we go 7-9 and they made the playoffs? And they had to play Brady twice, not once.

I think it may be time to challenge some of your assumptions about Miami's "team" and just how good they were.

I'm not sure what your point is. Suffice it to say that you earlier pointed to Miami's "team" as the reason they made the postseason, but we had better runners and a better defense last year. And, you say, a better QB. So why did we go 7-9 and they made the playoffs? And they had to play Brady twice, not once.

I think it may be time to challenge some of your assumptions about Miami's "team" and just how good they were.

Not against Miami we didnt.....who we gave up 200 yards rushing and lost our head to head matchups against them in the AFC East.....the AFC.....and the win/loss column.

What is our record (and their record) if we win those games and those matchups? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so are you trying to say the fins got to the playoffs based on qb play? becuz thats absurd.....

Not against Miami we didnt.....who we gave up 200 yards rushing and lost our head to head matchups against them in the AFC East.....the AFC.....and the win/loss column.

What is our record (and their record) if we win those games and those matchups? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Those are just "yards", right!

Those same "yards" that the Tyrod supporters say don't matter when evaluating a QB playing his position.

Which is it "yards" matter or they don't.

"Yards" do matter for a RB vs a defense and then not matter when evaluating the QB.

Can't have it both ways!

Edited by old school

How does Whaley getting released just hours after the draft not tell you McDermotts been making the moves the day he was hired???

I have to believe the tenders are on him. Not Whaley.

This offseason is entirely on McDermott.

Whaley has been on-ice since before the trigger was pulled on ANY personnel decisions.

I love the people who say "it's Overdorf" wrt the contracts.......perhaps that's the case with minutia.........but LOL give me a break with the people that think the personnel department isn't setting the tender amounts. :lol:

So why did we go 7-9 and they made the playoffs?

Run defense. If we hadn't given up historic yardage to their RB we would have made the playoffs and they wouldn't have. It's that simple.

Those are just "yards", right!

Those same "yards" that the Tyrod supporters say don't matter when evaluating a QB playing his position.

Which is "yards" matter or they don't.

"Yards" do matter for a RB vs a defense and then not matter when evaluating the QB.

Can't have it both ways!

wait....what? This is totally a apples and oranges arguement.

Edited by John from Hemet

We could've won other games. Like Baltimore and Pittsburgh?

Run defense. If we hadn't given up historic yardage to their RB we would have made the playoffs and they wouldn't have. It's that simple.

That's unprovable, but just as plausible as if TT made a handful of more plays against Baltimore and Seattle, we also would have made the playoffs.