NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFLPA files grievance over pain pill policies in NFL. Says they are violating policies and even federal law with blatant over prescription of pain pills -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708636-nflpa-files-cba-violation-grievance-against-nfl-over-use-of-painkillers

(if anyone can tell me why bleacher report links never work, or how to get them to work, I'd be grateful. I only have this problem with BR links...)

'Offensive lineman Kyle Turley, who played nearly a decade in the NFL before retiring in 2007, spoke with Vice Sports about "playing numb" because of painkillers:

'Meanwhile, a group called the Gridiron Cannabis Coalition is working to advocate marijuana as a "safer and more effective treatment" than prescription drugs to handle the day-to-day pain that comes from playing professional football.'

Here is another related link on prescription painkiller abuse problems in the NFL. It's a good read for anyone interested -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-abuse-of-painkillers-and-other-drugs-described-in-court-filings/2017/03/09/be1a71d8-035a-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.feaa1cd87d73

NFLPA files grievance over pain pill policies in NFL. Says they are violating policies and even federal law with blatant over prescription of pain pills -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708636-nflpa-files-cba-violation-grievance-against-nfl-over-use-of-painkillers

(if anyone can tell me why bleacher report links never work, or how to get them to work, I'd be grateful. I only have this problem with BR links...)

'Offensive lineman Kyle Turley, who played nearly a decade in the NFL before retiring in 2007, spoke with Vice Sports about "playing numb" because of painkillers:

'Meanwhile, a group called the Gridiron Cannabis Coalition is working to advocate marijuana as a "safer and more effective treatment" than prescription drugs to handle the day-to-day pain that comes from playing professional football.'

Here is another related link on prescription painkiller abuse problems in the NFL. It's a good read for anyone interested -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-abuse-of-painkillers-and-other-drugs-described-in-court-filings/2017/03/09/be1a71d8-035a-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.feaa1cd87d73

BR is not allowed to be linked from TBD.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

So does that mean I am not allowed to post any BR links at all? Or just that they won't function by clicking on them?

If they're not allowed and won't work, I'd just pass. I'm not sure the reason, but it just is.....

I know several commercial growers and have helped them with cultivation techniques both indoor and field grown, hydroponic, certified organic, soilless media culture versus bare earth, fiddled with various temperature/humidity gradients and optimal artificial daylight flowering inducement. I'm familiar with the owners of the largest medicinal grow-op in our state, it's five minutes down the road from my house. I've personally been growing and experimenting with the crop since before high school. I've grown 10 foot tall plants with 16-inch buds with trichomes drenched in cannabinoids.

I've also had an admittedly informal but extensive introduction to the medical benefits and drawbacks of using cannabis to treat a number of health issues. Like the difference between CBD1 and CBD2 and their respective health benefits with regards to mode of action. I know how to breed a particular strain to produce higher levels of these cannabinoids and less THC as to provide a higher concentration of medicinal benefit to the user. I also know that smoking the flower it is both less effective and more dangerous to the overall health of the individual than taking an extract, either a super/subcritical CO2 or ethanol extraction rather than butane or hexane, which can have damaging effects of their own.

I know several commercial growers and have helped them with cultivation techniques both indoor and field grown, hydroponic, certified organic, soilless media culture versus bare earth, fiddled with various temperature/humidity gradients and optimal artificial daylight flowering inducement. I'm familiar with the owners of the largest medicinal grow-op in our state, it's five minutes down the road from my house. I've personally been growing and experimenting with the crop since before high school. I've grown 10 foot tall plants with 16-inch buds with trichomes drenched in cannabinoids.

I've also had an admittedly informal but extensive introduction to the medical benefits and drawbacks of using cannabis to treat a number of health issues. Like the difference between CBD1 and CBD2 and their respective health benefits with regards to mode of action. I know how to breed a particular strain to produce higher levels of these cannabinoids and less THC as to provide a higher concentration of medicinal benefit to the user. I also know that smoking the flower it is both less effective and more dangerous to the overall health of the individual than taking an extract, either a super/subcritical CO2 or ethanol extraction rather than butane or hexane, which can have damaging effects of their own.

So, basically, you don't know anything about it. :)

not many know this and anyone who is astounded why people feel so strongly about it should of never questioned why. you would have to include hemp for the many reasons it could make the world a better place, but that's another discussion.

Right so you dont like mike argument and you choose to find two of the highest paid players at their position to pop for substance abuse. Thats a lazy comparison.

On e again i havent condone the use of other drugs or alcohol. You keep bringing that up as if it serves ANY purpose. It doesnt.

I never said you condone it but you keep thinking it for some reason.

You keep bringing up hypotheticals that a franchise QB could get severely hurt because the guy protecting him is high and that would be a concern if weed was allowed. It's not any different than other drugs. You went even as far as saying it doesn't matter if it's tree bark, it shouldn't be allowed if puts players on the field in danger. Well then you should be against alcohol and pills. It's a double standard.

Do you finally get it?

I doubt that but let yourself believe it if it makes you feel like you have some kind of superiority to my knowledge of the plant.

i doubt you know as much as many on here, you'd be surprised who is who and what is what here.

so when it comes to one upping a one upper, i just wouldn't bother.

hell i know more about plants than the average person but i don't know much about weed, but yet i'd still probably know more about the basic principles of the plant than anything and could probably grow it better than anyone here.

still, being a pothead doesn't earn you anything special. weed grows so easily its called weed.

If they're not allowed and won't work, I'd just pass. I'm not sure the reason, but it just is.....

back when bleacher report first came out sds had a major problem with them, as did many others. it was a click bait site. everything was a slideshow that generated higher traffic, for one, to make their analytics crazy insane popular. its why so many clickbaits are slideshows.

either way, it was nothing more than a 7th grader making a slideshow with their easy to use software. it was poorly run and no quality control. it served no purpose.

only in the last year or so did they actually increase content but still, it is largely a TMZ style site

i doubt you know as much as many on here, you'd be surprised who is who and what is what here.

so when it comes to one upping a one upper, i just wouldn't bother.

hell i know more about plants than the average person but i don't know much about weed, but yet i'd still probably know more about the basic principles of the plant than anything and could probably grow it better than anyone here.

still, being a pothead doesn't earn you anything special. weed grows so easily its called weed.

Here's the divide....some people know all about growing it, some people know about using it. Some people know both sides. Some know a little of both...

Here's the divide....some people know all about growing it, some people know about using it. Some people know both sides. Some know a little of both...

bingo.

and if i had to choose, i'd rather grow it. i'd rather enjoy the art of that than using it. sadly i did try cigarettes only to pass the time and never cared much for them. never did weed or any drugs, just don't see the point.

everyone has their own thngs in life, everyone should be able to choose the things that they desire so long as they do not harm others - weed isn't at a point where we can ensure others won't be harmed. reliable testing isn't available.

back when bleacher report first came out sds had a major problem with them, as did many others. it was a click bait site. everything was a slideshow that generated higher traffic, for one, to make their analytics crazy insane popular. its why so many clickbaits are slideshows.

either way, it was nothing more than a 7th grader making a slideshow with their easy to use software. it was poorly run and no quality control. it served no purpose.

only in the last year or so did they actually increase content but still, it is largely a TMZ style site

I can't argue with that.....

I never said you condone it but you keep thinking it for some reason.

You keep bringing up hypotheticals that a franchise QB could get severely hurt because the guy protecting him is high and that would be a concern if weed was allowed. It's not any different than other drugs. You went even as far as saying it doesn't matter if it's tree bark, it shouldn't be allowed if puts players on the field in danger. Well then you should be against alcohol and pills. It's a double standard.

Do you finally get it?

Dude you keep bringin up alcohol and pills. You are the one that first brought it up. I repeatedly tell you I dont condone those. If thats your argument uou should stop, because Im not arguing that pills or alcohol are better.

There is no double standard. I stated I am against anything that pits the players in needless jeopardy. If thats a player self medicating on anything or abusing any substance I am against it.

Please, please, pretty please read it slowly if needed. Go back and start from the beginning if need be, heck read your last post where you said that I stated if its treebark it shouldnt be allowed.

There is no double standard. ANYTHING THAT PUTS ANOTHER TEAMMATE NEEDLESSLY IN A POSITION TO GET INJURED BY ANOTHER TEAMATE WHETHER SMOKED, EATEN, DRANK, IV ADMINISTERED, OR RECTAL INSERTED shouldnt be allowed in thise players system while they are playing.

I cant be anymore clearer than that.

And some people have served in the capacity if substance abuse counselor and seen firsthand the toll marijuana or any substance can have on a career, family, and finances....

bingo.

and if i had to choose, i'd rather grow it. i'd rather enjoy the art of that than using it. sadly i did try cigarettes only to pass the time and never cared much for them. never did weed or any drugs, just don't see the point.

everyone has their own thngs in life, everyone should be able to choose the things that they desire so long as they do not harm others - weed isn't at a point where we can ensure others won't be harmed. reliable testing isn't available.

We can NEVER ensure that people will not be harmed. People driving home from Applebees after a couple appetizers and a couple beers may....hell, make it ice tea! You cannot avoid danger - it's part of life. I've been whacked out on caffeine, or just tired. Not everyone is as "pure" as you. That doesn't make them better or worse. I don't think there's any question that alcohol is more dangerous than pot.