Future GM option - Eliot Wolf

I would personally like to see us go after Eliot Wolf for GM. There are some very good options with Veach from KC, Beane from Carolina and DeCosta from Baltimore but I could see Wolf as a superstar GM. First he has a wealth of talent as well as good family lines with his dad Ron, which I am sure could help in running an organization. Eliot comes from a solidly run organization that understands how to draft and develop a good consistent football team. He has also been involved in scouting players since he was 14 and watched scouting videos at the young of 10 with his dad. Who else would you want to learn player scouting from than Ron Wolf? He also doesn't freak out at press conferences...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like him, but think our GM will be the guy from KC or Carolina. But imho Wolf is ready. The kid was virtually bred to be a GM. AND Green bay is the best at developing a team through the draft and adding minor pieces through FA.

I would personally like to see us go after Eliot Wolf for GM. There are some very good options with Veach from KC, Beane from Carolina and DeCosta from Baltimore but I could see Wolf as a superstar GM. First he has a wealth of talent as well as good family lines with his dad Ron, which I am sure could help in running an organization. Eliot comes from a solidly run organization that understands how to draft and develop a good consistent football team. He has also been involved in scouting players since he was 14 and watched scouting videos at the young of 10 with his dad. Who else would you want to learn player scouting from than Ron Wolf? He also doesn't freak out at press conferences...

Eliot Wolf was just promoted to Director of Football Ops at Green Bay last year. Why would he want to come here?

He would be a great choice if McD can work with him.

If McD can't work with him, McD should GTFO. But I think the fix is in and Whaley was fired because McWrestler already has someone lined up he thinks is better

Eliot Wolf was just promoted to Director of Football Ops at Green Bay last year. Why would he want to come here?

If McD can't work with him, McD should GTFO. But I think the fix is in and Whaley was fired because McWrestler already has someone lined up he thinks is better

Because he wants to be a GM. He has been sought after for the Colts and 49ers job but they ultimately went with someone else. Buffalo is a similar town imo to Green Bay, cold small market and rabid fanbase. I think if we offered the job to Wolf he would see the symmetry.

Many good GM candidates will not accept the flat structure the Pegulas want, its just not how its done in the NFL. So here is to hoping someone is ok with it that is worth a damn.

I think Pegula has been open to the structure based on the candidates. Pegula is a business man and a successful one at that. He will do his best to get the right man. I also don't think it will be the KC guy or Panthers guy simply because they know how to work with McDerm but maybe those two would take a job like this because they know he is the head coach.

He would be a good choice but its going to be a guy McDermott has a connection with.

Whaley wasn't fired because of McDermott not being able to work with him so I believe that won't have much to do with who the GM is. We needed a GM that had total control of his scouting department and instilled confidence, that is why he was let go. Excellent scout but didn't command respect.

He can pick his spot - he isn't going somewhere where the structure is horizontal. He'll want to pick his HC. Same with DeCosta and probably Caserio.

This is a really good post and along the lines of what I am thinking. The guys that have options aren't going to pick a spot where they are below the HC. For all intents and purposes that's the case here as McDermott will have a large say in their hiring. He has the power in the organization now.

This is a really good post and along the lines of what I am thinking. The guys that have options aren't going to pick a spot where they are below the HC. For all intents and purposes that's the case here as McDermott will have a large say in their hiring. He has the power in the organization now.

I think this line of thinking is flawed. If McDermott had all the power he would be picking the GM, he has little say in it at this point.

I think this line of thinking is flawed. If McDermott had all the power he would be picking the GM, he has little say in it at this point.

Not at all, that's why Whaley and the entire scouting staff are gone. They are remaking football ops to match his vision.

Not at all, that's why Whaley and the entire scouting staff are gone. They are remaking football ops to match his vision.

Not sure I buy that. I think McDermott had a little to do with the firing but ultimately Whaley was never in line with the coaches from Marrone to Ryan to McDermott and it finally caught up with him.

He's the choice. Bring him in and don't let him leave without a contract

Not sure I buy that. I think McDermott had a little to do with the firing but ultimately Whaley was never in line with the coaches from Marrone to Ryan to McDermott and it finally caught up with him.

Really? You don't think that they would have cleared out all of football ops without him agreeing? He is the guy with the power there. That's not changing anytime soon. That's why they aren't getting some big name GM. The best case scenario is a young guy, with a good working relationship with McDermott and a similar vision. I'm not saying that it is a problem but you aren't getting a Coughlin type of guy in here now. The power will be coming from the HC's office in Buffalo.

I'd be utterly shocked if we hired a guy that didn't have a relationship with McDermott. I believe McDremott is giving Pegula a list of guys he wants and together, they will pick their guy. I don't think Elliott Wolf will be in the list and if he was, I doubt he'd leave GB for Buffalo