Bills GM Candidates

wppete

Am I the only one not finding the rumored guys all that inspiring? Granted, I am not that familiar with a bunch of them, but what stands out to me is the lack of track record or GM experience. I am not going to put much thought into this, but was hoping to see some names that brought more evidence of being able to effectively do the job well.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one not finding the rumored guys all that inspiring? Granted, I am not that familiar with a bunch of them, but what stands out to me is the lack of track record or GM experience. I am not going to put much thought into this, but was hoping to see some names that brought more evidence of being able to effectively do the job well.

No real or traditional GM is going to come here without control over the roster and draft.

No real or traditional GM is going to come here without control over the roster and draft.

That can't be. I'm told that this is the new way of doing things. No more...

Owner>>>GM>>>Head Coach with defined roles.

Just a bunch of dotted lines all over an org chart, so whenever something goes wrong, everyone blames everyone else.

That can't be. I'm told that this is the new way of doing things. No more...

Owner>>>GM>>>Head Coach with defined roles.

Just a bunch of dotted lines all over an org chart, so whenever something goes wrong, everyone blames everyone else.

LMAO. You work in corporate world too? It has been going on for years that way.

...and what HC is going to let a GM dictate personnel to him if he is the guy responsible for "between the stripes"?....just is NOT that black and white......look at DonoHOLE.....demanded RW anoint him "El Presidente", first in club's history to fuel his freakish control nature....wanted to make EVERY personnel move and then hired subordinating, greenhorn HC's (ie. Greggy @900K/yr) to force feed them HIS personnel with the edict, "make it work or else"....set this organization back a decade after RW fired him and started the abysmal non-qualified FO/Admin patchwork....damn well better be a collaborative "no power struggle bullcrap effort" between GM & HC or 8-8, 7-9, 8-8, 7-9 are FOREVER IMO......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I have wanted Eliot Wolf for a while. He is a top notch evaluator and will be running the show in Green Bay soon if no one scoops him up.

he and McD have same agent

@mikerodak

Something to consider: Veach is represented by Bob LaMonte who is also Sean McDermotts agent. Chris Polian, Eliot Wolf also LaMonte clients

Edited by YoloinOhio

...and what HC is going to let a GM dictate personnel to him if he is the guy responsible for "between the stripes"?....just is NOT that black and white......look at DonoHOLE.....demanded RW anoint him "El Presidente", first in club's history to fuel his freakish control nature....wanted to make EVERY personnel move and then hired subordinating, greenhorn HC's (ie. Greggy @900K/yr) to force feed them HIS personnel with the edict, "make it work or else"....set this organization back a decade after RW fired him and started the abysmal non-qualified FO/Admin patchwork....damn well better be a collaborative "no power struggle bullcrap effort" between GM & HC or 8-8, 7-9, 8-8, 7-9 are FOREVER IMO......

Experienced head coaches get to tell GMs what to do. First timers don't.

he and McD have same agent

@mikerodak

Something to consider: Veach is represented by Bob LaMonte who is also Sean McDermotts agent. Chris Polian, Eliot Wolf also LaMonte clients

None of these names would surprise me. I wonder if they already have a favorite or if they are gonna start interviewing everyone. Beane would seem a little too convenient to me if they don't at least talk to some other candidates, so I like hearing them linked to some legit GM targets

From what others have said, I don't want the Panthers Asst GM, as he simply doesn't sound like he's any good tbh.

Unless told otherwise, by the Pegulas, I can only assume that the new GM is nothing more than a glorified Scouting Coordinator, for both College and Pro sides. So you realistically want the best talent evaluator you can find.