UDFA Thread Time!

This happens every year... the last big name UDFA we got was Da'Rick Rogers. And he didnt even make the team. UDFAs is such a crap shoot its usually the guys youve never heard of that makes the teams and fills a niche that all others overlooked. Besides we got the best Punter of the draft so we may have added a starter as a UDFA... cant say that often. This scouting department has always done a decent job finding UDFAs... just gotta trust em

Striker last year too but I agree with your overall point.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happens every year... the last big name UDFA we got was Da'Rick Rogers. And he didnt even make the team. UDFAs is such a crap shoot its usually the guys youve never heard of that makes the teams and fills a niche that all others overlooked. Besides we got the best Punter of the draft so we may have added a starter as a UDFA... cant say that often. This scouting department has always done a decent job finding UDFAs... just gotta trust em

You mean the scouting department that's not here any more?

Are there any highlight videos that don't include music with the word n*gger being used every 5th word?

Damn! These highlight reels have the worst music. Like they were put together in a basement with some street rappers. Stupid songs don't make bad players look any better. I'd love to re-cut some of these with really bad Broadway show tunes.

Healthy bodies for training camp practices, not guys he expects to make the 53. You either misunderstood or misrepresented.

Nah, he never said anything about the top 53. That was other people inferring incorrectly. Here's all he said.

Looks like Bills striking out on top UDFAs. Kind of figured that with McDermott. These guys like to go to coaches they know. McDermott was relying on these guys to fill out roster. Wonder what he is going to do now?

He said it in a interview before draft. It was about not having much salary cap space so they will need to get players in UDFA that can play.

This is all correct.

Edited by Thurman#1

I could be wrong, but I can't help but get a strong feeling these UDFA will get a serious look.

Not saying they haven't in the past, but mcdermott seems serious about positions being up for grabs.

It's all coach speak. The only positions up for grab are the ones where the starters SUCK.

Marcus Sayles has a chance. 13 blocked kicks and 12 interceptions.

This is nice. Hopefully a good pickup, even with the rule change for attempting to block kicks. He's got great instincts but seems a little slow. In the pros he will not be able to make up for that. So many of those picks were off weak throws and he was not in position if a good throw was made.

Edited by BillsRdue

Small guy but jumped out of the gym at his pro day:

Marcus Sayles impressed in the weight room with a 40-in vertical jump, and an 11-foot broad jump. On the field, Sayles continued to impress as he clocked a 4.49 time in the 40-yard dash and impressed the scouts in drills

I love this pick up most of all, he was a tunrover/ blocked kick animal!

right? Apparently they have done some rookie stuff (Bills rookie camp isn't until 5/12 but others are earlier) ... but have to think it is something else

Apparently he didn't finish out a rep. John Lynch is a real disciplinarian with undrafted free agents.

filling out a roster to have 90 to practice is just a tad different than relying on UDFA to make your roster and help you win games. Always great when they do, but not a coach or GMin the NFL that will use that as a stratgey

And yet Schefter tweeted during the draft that there were more UDFAs on NFL rosters than there were first and second round picks. So is it a coincidence or a strategy?

Baylor doesn't really breed them tough at WR. Coleman was the exception but that's because he went in there being a little bonkers.

Shame for the kid, he's got the talent.

Yep. I liked him as a late round flier. I wouldn't mind the Bills taking a shot. He has as much chance as some of the rest of our rogues gallery at the position.