[closed]Not picking up Sammy's fifth-year option is stupid money

Got to think about it this way. Don't get me wrong Sammy is a good WR, but he has injury concerns and why spend what is it 10+ million on a hurt player when you could spend that on someone else or multiple players. I hope he comes out next year injury free and 1500+ yards and 10+ touchdowns.

Got to think about it this way. Don't get me wrong Sammy is a good WR, but he has injury concerns and why spend what is it 10+ million on a hurt player when you could spend that on someone else or multiple players. I hope he comes out next year injury free and 1500+ yards and 10+ touchdowns.

He is going too and when he does the price is going to go through the roof.

Let's hope so. To be honest this is a no win situation. If the don't pick it up people will get mad. If they do and he struggles people will get mad over how stupid management is.

Pick it up. If we lose Sammy after sinking all this time/money/picks into him it would be a trajedy. He is a great player and will be great one day...it sucks he hasn't been for us but it would suck worse to have it happen only once he's gone.

Management. We're going to want to keep him and it's cheaper to pick up his fifth-year option.

Yes unless you are a fan of something else - like wanting players to be on field most of the time - but if you are a fan of only one player i can see you go way of FreddysDead and NastyNateSoldiers.

I think McD looks forward not back. He didn't pay for this guy and he knows " tough" when he sees it.

He doesn't see it here. Reed, Moulds, heck; even Steve Johnson was football tough. Sammy doesn't appear to be.

I was talking to a Cinncy fan earlier today. He feels the same way about Ross. All the speed and talent in the world doesn't mean squat if the team ant have a reasonable expectation you can make it through a season.

I think McD looks forward not back. He didn't pay for this guy and he knows " tough" when he sees it.

He doesn't see it here. Reed, Moulds, heck; even Steve Johnson was football tough. Sammy doesn't appear to be.

I was talking to a Cinncy fan earlier today. He feels the same way about Ross. All the speed and talent in the world doesn't mean squat if the team ant have a reasonable expectation you can make it through a season.

Define tough? How are you supposed to play FOOTBALL with a broken FOOT?

Edited by Real McCoy

What is it about his first two years that makes you so sure of this? Because from where I'm sitting on Sundays, he is looking more like an early retiree than a junior year breakout.

Actually it would be stupid to pick up the option on a guy who is not yet ready to play... So if he has a great season the tag can be used on him if a long term deal cant be hammered out. Yes, it would be 2 million more, but the 5th year option would be guaranteed for next year even if injured.....

So STOP being stupid thinking you are smarter the the guys making the decisions!!!!!!!!!