When Will You Be Done?

Gugny

The purpose of this thread was originally to have a place to document TBD users who claimed they were no longer Bills fans. But it ended up generating some decent conversation.

So I ask you ...

What will be the straw that breaks the camel's back (sorry if I've offended anyone of Middle Eastern descent)?

At what point to you SERIOUSLY throw your hands up and say, "!@#$ it. Done."

It could be that they sign a particular controversial player, someone like a Vick or a Mixon ..... or it could be if the Bills hit the 25 consecutive year mark for no playoffs .... or it could just be never.

I'm inclined to say never.

What say you?

Edited by Gugny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year, we see these posts.

Let's keep them to it by adding them to this list.

When the Bills make the playoffs, we can make sure these guys don't join in the celebration.

First entry: NastyNateSoldiers

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193654-this-team-stinks-thanks-for-horrible-draft/

Bye, Felicia.

Once your outside the circle of trust, you are out! there's no getting back in.

Die hard till I hopefully die pleasantly. Bills blood in my veins and I passed it onto the next generation with my son. Yea I want to win but I'm a Bills fan forever. Anyone who is not please take this opportunity to go away.

I will be at Hammer's Lot like every year with Hope like every year. Looking forward to tailgating with all the friends we have made over the years. Game comes second to tailgating.

made Koren double fried wings the other day...think they may have to go on the tailgate menu, especially early in the year

I have gone through all the stages of grief including the stage the OP is at currently. For the last 4 or 5 years I have been at a very content, pleasant state of mind when it comes to the Bills. I have come to terms with the realization that they will never accomplish anything. But if they happen to achieve it will be that much sweeter. So basically I expect nothing and hope I am pleasantly surprised!

I have gone through all the stages of grief including the stage the OP is at currently. For the last 4 or 5 years I have been at a very content, pleasant state of mind when it comes to the Bills. I have come to terms with the realization that they will never accomplish anything. But if they happen to achieve it will be that much sweeter. So basically I expect nothing and hope I am pleasantly surprised!

Oh, I wasn't saying I'm done with them.

However, like you, my expectations over the past few years have been realistic and - unfortunately - very accurate. But it does make watching the ass whoopings easier. I used to be optimistic EVERY YEAR. I miss that feeling, actually.

It's not the bad football that upsets me. It's the reason why we have bad football that upsets me. That reason being horrible ownership.

Let's face it, take out the pure !@#$ing luck stretch in the 90s and this team has been an absolute mess for the vast majority of its existence.

It would take a lot for me to walk away. It is, after all, just a game.

But I love being a Bills fan, even though I B word about them a lot. They give us too much to B word about.

This upcoming 4-win season will weed a bunch out, I'm sure.

Oh, I wasn't saying I'm done with them.

However, like you, my expectations over the past few years have been realistic and - unfortunately - very accurate. But it does make watching the ass whoopings easier. I used to be optimistic EVERY YEAR. I miss that feeling, actually.

It's not the bad football that upsets me. It's the reason why we have bad football that upsets me. That reason being horrible ownership.

Let's face it, take out the pure !@#$ing luck stretch in the 90s and this team has been an absolute mess for the vast majority of its existence.

It would take a lot for me to walk away. It is, after all, just a game.

But I love being a Bills fan, even though I B word about them a lot. They give us too much to B word about.

This upcoming 4-win season will weed a bunch out, I'm sure.

I'm not done with them either. When I stop being a Bills fan that's the day I stop watching the NFL. It's all about disconnecting emotionally. For example last season when we played so well on the road in Seattle I knew on the final drive ,when the offense was inside the 10 we were not going to win. I can't tell how I knew I just knew. We don't win these types of games. And when ole nervous feet Tyrod couldn't make a quick decision 3 plays in a row I wasn't pissed off like I would have been a decade ago. It was just another mild disappointment that I forgot 30 minutes later.

I'm not done with them either. When I stop being a Bills fan that's the day I stop watching the NFL. It's all about disconnecting emotionally. For example last season when we played so well on the road in Seattle I knew on the final drive ,when the offense was inside the 10 we were not going to win. I can't tell how I knew I just knew. We don't win these types of games. And when ole nervous feet Tyrod couldn't make a quick decision 3 plays in a row I wasn't pissed off like I would have been a decade ago. It was just another mild disappointment that I forgot 30 minutes later.

You make another great point.

When Tyrod plays poorly, which is "a lot," it doesn't piss me off, either. It doesn't piss me off because I know he's doing the best he can do.

In the past, I think I got pissed off a lot more because I actually thought the Bills were good and that their players were good. So I thought they were "letting games get away." Fact is, they don't have much business winning most games they play.

I hope it changes. I'd love to be more emotionally attached.

I will be at Hammer's Lot like every year with Hope like every year. Looking forward to tailgating with all the friends we have made over the years. Game comes second to tailgating.

And after this past home opener I will likely be at Hammers too. Only for you guys and not at all for what happens inside that stadium between a bunch of overpaid whiners.

As you know I've been done for several years with this team and for all the guys my age I have the most hair and let least amount of gray. :D

And after this past home opener I will likely be at Hammers too. Only for you guys and not at all for what happens inside that stadium between a bunch of overpaid whiners.

As you know I've been done for several years with this team and for all the guys my age I have the most hair and let least amount of gray. :D

As long as it stays up there I could give a **** what color it turns.

Draw play!!!!