Too many Left Tackles on the team?

Kouandjio was drafted to play Right Tackle, but couldn't handle the position. Once Glenn went down last year and Kouandjio filled in at LT, he did a great job. Our new Tackle, Dawson, was a LT in college and is being brought in to compete for the RT spot. What if Dawkins is similar to Kouandjio as he struggles at the RT spot, but is better suited for LT?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Kouandjio was drafted to play Right Tackle, but couldn't handle the position. Once Glenn went down last year and Kouandjio filled in at LT, he did a great job. Our new Tackle, Dawson, was a LT in college and is being brought in to compete for the RT spot. What if Dawson is similar to Kouandjio as he struggles at the RT spot, but is better suited for LT?

What if he doesn't and is not? Bet we'll find out...

And not sure we can ever have "too many LTs" :D

Kouandjio was drafted to play Right Tackle, but couldn't handle the position. Once Glenn went down last year and Kouandjio filled in at LT, he did a great job. Our new Tackle, Dawson, was a LT in college and is being brought in to compete for the RT spot. What if Dawson is similar to Kouandjio as he struggles at the RT spot, but is better suited for LT?

Reason CK cant play RT is he doesnt have the power and the Knee issue

Dawkins has all the power needed and no Knee issue.

Why would you worry about something like that at this point Jerry?

Besides Kouandjio had a knee issue that hampered his right tackle play.

I hope he's not and does a great job atRT. I'd hate to have to go through the season with Mills as our RT.

That could very well happen anyway. No guarantee that Dawkins will outplay him as a rookie. Could very well take him at least one year of practice/development (very often does).

Edited by PolishDave

No one on this team is as bad at RT as Kouandjo. Book it.

I hope he's not and does a great job atRT. I'd hate to have to go through the season with Mills as our RT.

the Bills were really looking at RTs in FA and they were wildly overpriced. They know Mills was an issue but re-signed him just have someone and he is familiar with the other OL and shown to be durable and not pantsless or suspended. But it was a huge need. Great pick imo.

Why would you worry about something like that at this point Jerry?

Besides Kouandjio had a knee issue that hampered his right tackle play.

After what the Bills went through trying to address the RT position over the past few years between Kouandjio, Henderson and Mills, I'd hate to see another player that is best suited to be a LT fail at trying to play RT.

Dawkins is versatile. He can also play Guard. So to me he's the swing lineman, but if he happens to win out the RT spot then great. It's not like the competition is great there.

After what the Bills went through trying to address the RT position over the past few years between Kouandjio, Henderson and Mills, I'd hate to see another player that is best suited to be a LT fail at trying to play RT.

Dawkins Will do fine at RT. He has more rhan enough power to hold on that side.

the Bills were really looking at RTs in FA and they were wildly overpriced. They know Mills was an issue but re-signed him just have someone and he is familiar with the other OL and shown to be durable and not pantsless or suspended. But it was a huge need. Great pick imo.

Don't get me wrong, RT needed to be addressed and I think Dawkins has the potential to be a great Tackle in the league, I just hope we don't see a similar situation here as we did with Kouandjio.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

No. You're talking about the old Koundjio, with movement hampered by the wearing of pants. Freed of those restrictions we now see exactly how mobile that big guy is.

Yeah I forgot about that, heck line him up as a TE.

Im just so happy, that its highly likely the silly move Gleem yo RT andpiss him off because Cyrus cant play rt at all but played marginally ok at lt for a few games argument is over!

I still am not convinced that CK couldn't play RT and that he should be given a shot there again (assuming his issues are behind him). But they couldn't count on him and had to address RT in the draft. At worst they have depth at LT and RT.

We can't scout. -Period.

All these d__ks on the dancefloor just adds to the evidence.

This was one of the richest drafts I've seen in YEARS... And we BLEW IT... CLEAN OUT THE FRONT OFFICE TERRY, PLEASE!

It was rich in DB and to some extent WR,otherwise it wasn't.

What positions were our first two picks?

Surely you are not mad about not drafting another DB?