This team stinks thanks for horrible draft.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you are past the third round the likelihood of finding a guy that can come in and compete for a starting role are pretty remote. Do you really think that guys picked in late rounds are significantly better than undrafted free agents? Most of these guys come in and compete for a roster spot and at best become special teamers.

The Bills may very well have picked up three starters, using those late picks to achieve that is smart. I think they have done a good job of working this draft. They may very well have filled three holes. What more do you want?

Polish Dave posted a really interesting tweet yesterday on UDFA.

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

I wonder what the numbers are for 4th-7th round picks vs UDFA on NFL rosters...

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Hope for underdogs: There are more undrafted free agents on NFL rosters today (481) than 1st- and 2nd-round picks combined (480), per Elias.

yup that's true. real work for GMs begin right after the draft when they gotta call dozens of players. didn't they say a few years back players make more money as UDFA than as a 6th or 7th rounder?

Tre White

Zay Jones

Dion Dawkins

all three are better than what the Bills currently have starting at these positions ...

The Bills started last week with 6 picks; they gained a fifth rounder from Gillislee and then parlayed this into 3 immediate starters and an extra first round pick next year and still have 6 picks...

Its hard for me to be mad at this...speculating on what the team passed up is just that, speculation. What the team has is what matters. Barring injury these three picks all crack the top 22 and the Bills are positioned very well for a QB draft that has potentially 8 QBs that are more talented than the first QB picked this year--Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, McSorley, Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk...they all have a greater junior year history then Mitchell Trubisky...

Picking the BPA is a great freaking talking point but reality is if its close on the evaluation you draft to fill holes..

Well said. 3 picks in the top 2 rounds, where it looks like we potentially added 3 day 1 starters. plus an extra 1st next year in what (as of now) looks like a very deep QB class, and we still have the same number of picks this year as we started with...

Rounds 4-7 are much more of a crap shoot anyway. The first 3 rounds are where you need to hit on your starters, and if the a Bills did that they are in good shape.

Seems kind of silly to get so upset before any of these drafted players even play a single down for the Bills. If they all bust, then yeah get mad. But until then what's there to be so mad about?

If you're going to stop following your favorite team because they traded away a couple later round picks, how big a fan were you to start with?

Personally, I'd be more upset if it looked like they drafted another 1st round bust, like in days past... But that's just me.

After looking through scouting reports on the 3 we took, they all have at least one major flaw or question. And no matter how sure the Bills (McDermott? Whaley? Pegula?) are about the players we took, plenty of NFL minds have been wrong about more surefire prospects than these guys.

Literally everyone not named Myles Garrett has a flaw or question. If the draft were a sure thing, we wouldn't have any busts to talk about.

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Yeah, I found that fascinating.

Literally everyone not named Myles Garrett has a flaw or question. If the draft were a sure thing, we wouldn't have any busts to talk about.

Myles Garrett has flaws and questions too.

...even Garrett has detractors. So.... No such thing as a sure thing. (Though I'd take him in a heartbeat, thank you very much!)

Note to self - dont attempt sarcasm when drunk at 3:21 am

The mind wanders into dark places in the late hours of the night,

All kidding aside, I'm just curious to know what the original poster would have done different. He seemed pretty intense and sure of his opinion, so he must have a better alternative.

Edited by dgrochester55

The Bills are horrible the Bills are losers the Bills suck! Coach McD sucks , Pegs sucks, Whaley sucks, we suck... Kim sucks yes she sucks ..

We love to reach no patience at all a bunch of trade whores. This team I'm done with them.... They draft like a bunch of old timers electing for need rather then best player available. They act like these guys are gonna actually make a difference at a early time in there careers they act like there a need fill away from being good. What a jk. To he'll with them. Smh

Too bad like 90% of the world thinks we are having one of the best drafts of the year. Our draft has been phenomenal...but good luck with your new team. Be nice not to have so many whiny rants around here that have almost no value, logic, or reason behind them.

The Bills started with 6 picks.

1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6

As of right now, the Bills have 6 picks

1, 2, 2, 5, 5, 6

And they added another 1st Rounder for next year. I think the trading around worked.

Too bad like 90% of the world thinks we are having one of the best drafts of the year. Our draft has been phenomenal...but good luck with your new team. Be nice not to have so many whiny rants around here that have almost no value, logic, or reason behind them.

....perhaps this helps the remaining 10%......however the dissatisfied gang here is prolly closer to 60%.....instructions say to brush 3 times daily....hope it helps..............

Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

I don't get anyone that's mad about this draft. They're walking out with three potential starting players and an extra first round pick next season. Anything else is just icing on the cake at this point. If Lawson and Ragland can bounce back from unjustly that's three solid drafts in a row. I don't know what else we should expect.

I don't get anyone that's mad about this draft. They're walking out with three potential starting players and an extra first round pick next season. Anything else is just icing on the cake at this point. If Lawson and Ragland can bounce back from unjustly that's three solid drafts in a row. I don't know what else we should expect.

...apparently, you have forgotten where you are....Blfo/OBD NEVER gets a damn thing right.....FOCUS!...............

You can give some people a mountain of cash, they'd be upset because they'd have to pay taxes. It could be the first sunny day of the year w/ temps in the 70's...they'd complain it's too hot. 90% of Bills fans are happy w/ what's occurred thus far...then there's guys like this.