2017 NFL Draft: Round 2 & 3 Discussion

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing crossed my mind. Progress?

The Bills saved money, but did they get any better?

The fact that Whaley put them in salary cap hell had a lot to do with some key decisions. What next? Draft a RB to replace Gillislie?

Well on the bright side, maybe we don't want them to get better this year... need that low first round pick if we're gonna have a chance at a franchise qb next year...

@viccarucci

Hearing #Bills unlikely to pick up 5th-year option on Sammy Watkins by May 2 deadline. Not while he's still recovering from foot surgery.

Great idea. No need to give another person in this organization free money except for whaley when he is shown the dior.

I don't particularly think Woods was great but he was a pretty complete WR. Could run good routes to get separation, not an amazing athlete, a good and dedicated blocker (we will like how Jones blocks). That is exactly Jones' game. I think Woods is a little faster and a little more slippery and a little better blocker. Jones is a great hands catcher ala Colston.

I'm disappointed cuz I thought we could get a WR2 later and that's all Zay will be imo. I'm guessing Dennison is going to want to throw more than we did last year.

fair enough. i don't know woods's college production, but i can imagine it matches jones. i know it's not an even comparison, but i also don't completely understand why people are insisting on comparing him with woods. is it size, or just because he's filling that position?

The Bills draft, and offseason, don't appear to make much sense.

Lose Gilmore - draft White in the 1st round

Lose Woods - draft Jones in the 2nd round

We're just spinning our tires in the mud.

That's just stupid talk. This is the modern NFL, players are going to come and go cost too much, excetera excetera. This is just this how the game works. This is a great draft so far.

I admit I went back to confirm it. Yes, some screens, but not entirely by any means. Had huge production and our coaches have good insight into him. Hopefully not in a stupid Rex way.

even if 50 of those receptions were screens, it's still pretty amazing.

Just watch the tape. Make your own opinion. Eventually you will have to except it.

So he wasn't able to get separation yet still managed to catch 158 balls. What does that mean then? He was bad because of no separation or he is good because he makes catches with DB all over him?

I don't particularly think Woods was great but he was a pretty complete WR. Could run good routes to get separation, not an amazing athlete, a good and dedicated blocker (we will like how Jones blocks). That is exactly Jones' game. I think Woods is a little faster and a little more slippery and a little better blocker. Jones is a great hands catcher ala Colston.

I'm disappointed cuz I thought we could get a WR2 later and that's all Zay will be imo. I'm guessing Dennison is going to want to throw more than we did last year.

Thing about our boy Woods, he came up decent and polished. but he really never took the next step. He made up for it with hie fierce and sometimes awesome blocking. I do think Jones has a higher ceiling and may fit well in the Bills Offense with TT and McD's vision

Great idea. No need to give another person in this organization free money except for whaley when he is shown the dior.

How much would the 5th year option have been? And is this essentially the kiss of death for Sammy in Buffalo? If he blows up, not sure we'd pay him...

Nothing funnier than reading some dummies on the Internet talking about how an NFL draft pick is "bad value" because someone was slotted at a certain spot on their draft board. When you know they have seen literally zero games said player has ever participated in.