Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

But next year is always better (grumble, grumble, grumble)....

The reality is he is right. That was why we waited. The Bills have the ammo now to get a QB in a good QB class. It doesn't mean that every guy is better. It means that you are increasing he odds of success.

Who are the 4 QB's better than all of 2017?

But next year is always better (grumble, grumble, grumble)....

The reality is he is right. That was why we waited. The Bills have the ammo now to get a QB in a good QB class. It doesn't mean that every guy is better. It means that you are increasing he odds of success.

Absolutely! Now, I always concede that, we never know what will happen. Guys can have a down year, they could have peaked already, could choose to stay in school, etc...

There is also usually a guy who shoots up draft boards that many people weren't discussing before the start of the season.

Although, I can't envision that being the case this year, no prospect at QB is sneaking up on Bills fans lol. My list of guy to watch it so dang long lol.

Edited by BillsFan17

Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield maybe? There are TONS of candidates.

Allen? What has he done? I don't have a QB board for 2018 yet but my guess is that number will be closer to 2 by the time we get closer to the draft. I would be very surprised if the actual players match the Kiper and McShay hype.

The 2004 class had 3 guys and it was the greatest QB class of the last 20 years.

Edited by jeffismagic

Allen? What has he done? I don't have a QB board for 2018 yet but my guess is that number will be closer to 2 by the time we get closer to the draft. I would be very surprised if the actual players match the Kiper and McShay hype.

The 2004 class had 3 guys and it was the greatest QB class of the last 20 years.

I am just telling you where it stands now. I'd take o/u 2 anyday. We don't know yet whom it will be but there are so many guys in the mix that some will emerge while others don't. We aren't talking about 5-6 candidates. We are looking at 10-12 or whatever. That's the difference in 2018. It is the depth now but that will sort itself out.

I am just telling you where it stands now. I'd take o/u 2 anyday. We don't know yet whom it will be but there are so many guys in the mix that some will emerge while others don't. We aren't talking about 5-6 candidates. We are looking at 10-12 or whatever. That's the difference in 2018. It is the depth now but that will sort itself out.

I agree with the bolded. The only guy that people can point to is Darnold and we don't know if his play will continue or if he will stay in school. Josh Allen's name should be dropped from lists of people that are better than all of 2017 because it looks silly. Rosen is a supreme talent with huge question marks.

And anything can happen and the Bills might outmaneuver somebody but they will need luck as well to secure one if they don't finish bottom 2 or 3.

I agree with the bolded. The only guy that people can point to is Darnold and we don't know if his play will continue or if he will stay in school. Josh Allen's name should be dropped from lists of people that are better than all of 2017 because it looks silly. Rosen is a supreme talent with huge question marks.

And anything can happen and the Bills might outmaneuver somebody but they will need luck as well to secure one if they don't finish bottom 2 or 3.

Allen has the most physical talent of any one even over your boy Mahomes and a stronger arm than Kelly. If he can improve his pocket awareness and production he could be the top guy.

Allen has the most physical talent of any one even over your boy Mahomes and a stronger arm than Kelly. If he can improve his pocket awareness and production he could be the top guy.

It's funny that I got attacked for liking a guy with a big arm. No, I like a guy who had a big arm and played well. When Josh Allen starts completing more than 60% in the Mountain West he can start getting hype.

At least he has a good mentor.

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Manziel-working-with-top-QB-Josh-Allen-52755315

Edited by jeffismagic

I agree that we don't know but there has never been a draft in history where we knew what it would be a year out. Things change throughout the course of the year. We do know however the prospects as the scouting has been going on. There are just so many guys right now. We knew the 2003 NBA draft was great before and the 2013 draft wasn't. It's played out as such. The 2018 draft will be a good QB draft and can be a great one. There are high-end prospects and lots and lots of them. So while we don't know anything a year out we know that we are likely to have guys emerge. That's how it always happens.

Allen looks like a Big Ben clone. I am expecting him to improve greatly this season. Obviously all these guys have to have good years to be drafted high, but it does look promising.

I will be watching Darnold, Allen, Rosen, McSorley, Jackson, and Mayfield very closely this year.

I think it is time to take the Kansas City player off your profile, you are a Bills fan not a Chiefs fan.

I agree that we don't know but there has never been a draft in history where we knew what it would be a year out. Things change throughout the course of the year. We do know however the prospects as the scouting has been going on. There are just so many guys right now. We knew the 2003 NBA draft was great before and the 2013 draft wasn't. It's played out as such. The 2018 draft will be a good QB draft and can be a great one. There are high-end prospects and lots and lots of them. So while we don't know anything a year out we know that we are likely to have guys emerge. That's how it always happens.

And 2015 was supposed to be better than 2014. It was. I bet the Raiders are glad they didn't wait for the "right" class. You need to move on opportunities when they present themselves. The idea that these guys are all better than 2017 but then you can just move up for them is way too hopeful.

Allen looks like a Big Ben clone. I am expecting him to improve greatly this season. Obviously all these guys have to have good years to be drafted high, but it does look promising.

I will be watching Darnold, Allen, Rosen, McSorley, Jackson, and Mayfield very closely this year.

I think it is time to take the Kansas City player off your profile, you are a Bills fan not a Chiefs fan.

Big Ben never had a 56% completion percentage in the MAC. His final year he was near 70%

And 2015 was supposed to be better than 2014. It was. I bet the Raiders are glad they didn't wait for the "right" class. You need to move on opportunities when they present themselves. The idea that these guys are all better than 2017 but then you can just move up for them is way too hopeful.

You use the Raiders as the example but ignore that the Jags, Browns and maybe even the Vikings got burned grabbing their guy in the wrong class. It's all about percentages. You are trying to increase the chances of landing a franchise guy. The Titans and Bucs took high-end prospects and it's worked. Instead of having to guess the right guy out of a group of 4 (2014) you want to be in a position where 2 of 2 are stars (2015).

All Kiper and everyone else can do is project on what they see right now. Things can and will change. New guys will emerge, someone will regress, someone won't declare, etc. he's just comparing what he sees with this group vs what he saw with that group from last year. But it's not unique to Kiper, it's pretty much the universal opinion that 2018 is a great class as it looks right now and 2017 was just ok. It's why an analytics driven yet QB needy team like Cleveland waited to pick a QB exactly where he was graded in the 2nd instead of jumping up to take one because it's "a quarterback". They will very likely still take one next year too, in the 1st.

You use the Raiders as the example but ignore that the Jags, Browns and maybe even the Vikings got burned grabbing their guy in the wrong class. It's all about percentages. You are trying to increase the chances of landing a franchise guy. The Titans and Bucs took high-end prospects and it's worked. Instead of having to guess the right guy out of a group of 4 (2014) you want to be in a position where 2 of 2 are stars (2015).

No, it's not. It's about scouting the prospects and drafting a very good QB prospect if they are available. If Raiders pass on Carr how does it help them that 2015 is better?

If you want a Jameis Winston you need to finish last.

Edited by jeffismagic

No, it's not. It's about scouting the prospects and drafting a very good QB prospect if they are available. If Raiders pass on Carr how does it help them that 2015 is better?

Time to stop crying about mahommes......its over

You should start looking at next years qb prospects and start crusading them....at least that would be a better use of your efforts

Time to stop crying about mahommes......its over

You should start looking at next years qb prospects and start crusading them....at least that would be a better use of your efforts

I am not discussing Mahomes. You are. Yes, stop crying and bringing him up in every thread.

Thanks.

We're discussing QB acquisition strategies for 2018. if you have nothing to add buzz off.

Edited by jeffismagic

He reminds me of Paxton Lynch for some reason...which doesn't bode well for his long-term grade on my board.

Mason Rudolph is really overrated in the media right now. He needs to improve his accuracy greatly if he is going to be anything more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Biggest issues through 5 games with him are his propensity to stare down targets and walk into sacks. I'll concede that his supporting cast doesn't help at times, counted 21 drops in those games.

There was a deep out in the Iowa State game that hung up forever, legitimate concerns about his arm strength.

It is about percentages; every draft pick is. It is an evaluation of how likely this player is to succeed? That's what scouting is. So you keep using 2014 where 1 out of 4 has worked. There was a 25% chance you were the Raiders and a 75% chance you were the Jags, Browns or Vikings. In 2015 it didn't matter if you were 1 or 2. Next year you may be at 10 picking between 2 guys that graded out higher than Trubisky who went 2. It is a much better value play. The data supports that. You've armed yourself with an extra 1st as well in case you need to get in the top 5 to get your guy. You can swing a deal with the Bears as an example.

Haven't really broken down any of these QBs for 2018 yet, but I have to wonder why Baker Mayfield doesn't get that much love. All the guy does is produce at an extraordinary level. Is it because he is only 6'1"? Something with arm strength? He puts up huge numbers ever year, gets better every year, and has great mobility too.

I am not discussing Mahomes. You are. Yes, stop crying and bringing him up in every thread.

Thanks.

We're discussing QB acquisition strategies for 2018. if you have nothing to add buzz off.

I can see what your doing jeff...your not fooling anybody

You eventually drag every conversation back into your agenda

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.