Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

FWIW, he knocked his written apology out of the park:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/28/14769044/baker-mayfield-arrest-apology-oklahoma-sooners

Turning to his physical stature, I'm not sure. I think he'll be in the conversation based on skill (I've thought very highly of him since his TTU days), but his size will affect it for sure. It could end up a Trubisky situation in that regard--where Mitchell silenced any concerns by measuring in at 6'2" at the combine.

Either way, if Baker goes out and continues to show poise, accuracy, and decision-making, I think he'll be fine as long as he crests 6'0".

That was very well written. The part of apologizing for bringing embarassment to the Mayfield name. Gives me the idea he gets it.

I only bring up height because of how much that does seem to factor into the scouting.

I fore one don't care how short or tall you are, if you can play you can play. Sure, I admit I am drooling over the size of the presumed top guys, but ironically we went from a physically imposing Manuel to a short Tyrod.

Thank you for your take. I do apprecite what you have to say.

Just started my charting & notes process today so I'll have a better idea of the upcoming class around the end of the month. Started with Mason Rudolph's 2015 games, a lot of rough in there so far.

I guess I DO hate white people :D

Wilton Speight man. Get on board!

Edited by jeffismagic

Just started my charting & notes process today so I'll have a better idea of the upcoming class around the end of the month. Started with Mason Rudolph's 2015 games, a lot of rough in there so far.

He reminds me of Paxton Lynch for some reason...which doesn't bode well for his long-term grade on my board.

Jake Browning would be a great QB except his lacking the arm, could be the next Peterman.

My initial summary on Browning was "Excellent mechanics, gutsy, great timing, decent athlete, reads whole field, average arm, loses zip on some interior throws, size leads to tipped balls, can he speed up process?"

Mason Rudolph is really overrated in the media right now. He needs to improve his accuracy greatly if he is going to be anything more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

We're talking about being one year out. Mahomes' biggest advocates were probably me and Bandit. He barely registered on many radars as a top prospect. As far into this process as March, we still had a ton of people within the media talking down this class until they realised that there were a few guys that were going way earlier than they thought.

I've watched enough of Darnold to understand the talent he has but that he's both inexperienced and has a lot to work on. The hype for guys like Allen is the thing that I find unfathomable, the 1st round hype for guys like Davis Webb or Mitch Leidner is another part of it. Christian Hackenberg as well (literally the next Luck because he was tall, white and pro-style). I'm supposed to see Allen hyped up as a potential #1 pick while Lamar Jackson is getting the "is he really a QB" treatment? Let's not forget that Marcus Mariota & Teddy Bridgewater were also picked apart in ways that others aren't subject to.

I don't expect this to be welcomed or popular but I've seen this song and dance a few times now. I'm not falling for it again.

I think it does factor in a bit. I felt the same thing happened the Christian McCaffery.

I don't worry about what the media says though. Jackson is a better prospect than Vick was, he just needs a creative OC at the next level. I am hoping he improves his accuracy a bit this year too.

Never heard of him, McCaffrey is little all ready and a RB, how does that apply to QB?

BB!? Who let you in here!!!?

I'm glad we didn't get Watson, the hype for the 18' class seems way over blown, I wouldn't be surprised if by draft day it has a similar list of flawed QB's as 17'

I've done initial work-ups on Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Browning, Rudolph, Falk, Thorson, Fitzgerald, Speight, Stanton, and Francois thus far

If I have to give a top grade, right now it goes to Mayfield, but I've identified 7-8 that I want to watch closely.

Plans to evaluate Lamar Jackson? He feels like a wild card to me. He reminds me more of Vick coming out than any prospect ever (and I know all black QBs get compared to Vick). He has kind of a Randall Cunningham feel as well (a young Randall). I think that he has a fairly low floor because of his body but could be a transcendent player as well. He's boom or bust to me but an interesting guy to keep an eye on. Darnold and Rosen are the guys for me until further notice but I like a lot of this class. It's really deep if nothing else.

I'm glad we didn't get Watson, the hype for the 18' class seems way over blown, I wouldn't be surprised if by draft day it has a similar list of flawed QB's as 17'

Maybe, but I just alluded to what separates it, the depth. If a bunch of these guys return to school it may change things but this class is VERY deep. As the year goes on some with rise and others will fall like in any class. This class just has a lot more guys in the candidate pool at the moment.

Plans to evaluate Lamar Jackson? He feels like a wild card to me. He reminds me more of Vick coming out than any prospect ever (and I know all black QBs get compared to Vick). He has kind of a Randall Cunningham feel as well (a young Randall). I think that he has a fairly low floor because of his body but could be a transcendent player as well. He's boom or bust to me but an interesting guy to keep an eye on. Darnold and Rosen are the guys for me until further notice but I like a lot of this class. It's really deep if nothing else.

I'm sure I'll look at him, yeah. I've taken a few glances, but not a deep dive. I have reservations about his ability as a pure passer, as his short and mid-range passes are erratic as all get-out.

It's over hyped but make no mistake it is WAY BETTER than the 17 class. If Darnold plays the same or improves he will go number one over all.

We all need to pray that KC goes 0-16.

his little brother Dylan is a freshman QB at UM

Wow, Michigan is getting a lot of QB prospects.

I heard Kiper say over the weekend he thinks it's the best QB class since 2004 and 1983 as he has it right now. He said there are 4 QBs he would put ahead of the top QB from the 2017 draft.

Sounds about right, Kyper has to be right once in awhile.

I heard Kiper say over the weekend he thinks it's the best QB class since 2004 and 1983 as he has it right now. He said there are 4 QBs he would put ahead of the top QB from the 2017 draft.

But next year is always better (grumble, grumble, grumble)....

The reality is he is right. That was why we waited. The Bills have the ammo now to get a QB in a good QB class. It doesn't mean that every guy is better. It means that you are increasing he odds of success.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.