McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

If anyone is trading up in this draft, it'll be for a QB, WR or LT.

QB is obvious.

WR and LT are historically thin at both positions. Beyond the top few guys, the WR and LT classes are awful.

I don't see anyone trading up for a S, CB or TE because those groups are loaded.

I get what you're saying. But if a GM is convinced a certain S, CB, or TE is a future HOFer, he may indeed trade up to get him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PIZ posted this Tweet from Joe B in the shoutbox: "ole draft day..extended version 22 Qs. Why 22? Because I love that number"

His thinking is that Joe B might be dropping hints that they'd consider trading all the way down from 10 to 22. If they do that, the'd better get a substantial haul of picks in return - like an extra 2nd and 3rd this year and a pick next year.

Joe like 22 because he loves his all 22 game reviews

Is Malik Hooker slipping a little bit I see alot of mocks saying he slips out of the top ten. If he's on the board you have to take him over Riddick or the trade down option right?

I agree on Hooker! I think he may actually be the best player in this draft. If for some ludicrous reason he lasts until our pick, don't even field calls. Take the best deep Safety prospect since Ed Reed. I don't even see how it is debatable.

Edited by Stud37

Yep. Who needs elite talent, when you can have a boatload of picks to spend on table scraps that might just barely make the roster?

Some just don't get it...The 90s teams has so much talent...can't pass on star players

PIZ posted this Tweet from Joe B in the shoutbox: "ole draft day..extended version 22 Qs. Why 22? Because I love that number"

His thinking is that Joe B might be dropping hints that they'd consider trading all the way down from 10 to 22. If they do that, the'd better get a substantial haul of picks in return - like an extra 2nd and 3rd this year and a pick next year.

Trade down with the Dolphins? Eeesh.

This seems like a smokescreen...

Either one we want to trick a team to think we wont make our certain pick so they dont trade up

Or

We have one phone call and using this as leverage to try and get more back from a team

If anyone is trading up in this draft, it'll be for a QB, WR or LT.

QB is obvious.

WR and LT are historically thin at both positions. Beyond the top few guys, the WR and LT classes are awful.

I don't see anyone trading up for a S, CB or TE because those groups are loaded.

Lol WR and TE are the same thing... Actually you can make the case for moving up for a TE b.c generally they can block well and move onto the line. You kind of screwed your thinking by not realizing that.

Agreed also. But draft elite talent this year, start Cardale, go 1-15, then draft Darnold! Now we have QB and talent.

Brilliant....why not 0-16.....and for a few more years too.....sounds like fun....been through those years many times ......don't want to see them again

Brilliant....why not 0-16.....and for a few more years too.....sounds like fun....been through those years many times ......don't want to see them again

I don't want 8-8 for 17 years again. Don't know how many more Trent Edwards/Losmans/Holcombs/Manuels/Fitzs/etc I can handle. I would trade 17 non playoff seasons for 1 terrible season that allows us to get a QB that will make us contenders every year for the next 2 decades.

More picks is always a nice thing. However, if they have a guy graded significantly higher than anyone they can get later in the draft then I'd just prefer we take him.

Agree, but wonder who is left at 10 to warrant passing up another 2nd rounder plus. OJ? Corey Davis?