[closed]PFT - Bills scouts expecting to get fired after draft

I'm going to hold judgment on this one until we see who gets axed (if anyone). Perhaps they'll keep some of the pro personnel folks. Regardless, I don't see how this is a "mess" - this is long overdue. This scouting department has failed. Last year's draft needed to be a good one and it BOMBED. Two major injury risks, one major character risk, and one episode of bad luck (Ragland) = game over.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I think there will be scout turnover. I'm 50/50 on Whaley but gut is he stays. One guy I think is safe for sure is Monos.

Monos has been tapped as a rising star for a couple of years now. Hopefully he provides some semblance of continuity while also putting a new stamp on the organization (if this is what happens).

Hey no one will be happier when Whaley is gone than me but this is certainly not an ideal situation to execute a successful draft.

What are you talking about?

McDermott's drafting...

You let go of the scout team early and they talk...

Commonsense bro.

Whaley Pros:

Hughes

Ritchie

Lorax

Whaley Cons:

EJ

Woods (couldn't keep him and mediocre)

Meeks

P. Brown

Hopkins

Cyrus

Shaq (? damaged goods ?)

Cardale

There's more but will leave it at this.

Gotta put Sammy in the "cons" category at this point, at least from Terry's standpoint. That trade didn't work out.

I've been leaning this way since McDermott's presser. It sure seems like a great possibility Whaley will be gone after the draft. He may stay on but I won't be surprised either way. Someone mentioned in another thread the picture the day of the Hockey firings and the body language from Terry and Kim towards Whaley APPEARED (capitalized as I know it is specualtion) to be cold towards Doug. Could have been a million things but I definitely noticed coldness especially from Kim.

I really like Whaley's drafts. They haven't always worked out for us, but at the time of the pick - he generally always found good value. As opposed to reaching for guys like Donte Whitner or Torrell Troup, for example.

If he's out, I hope McDermott isn't the type to fall in love with a prospect and pick them earlier than he should.

I think there will be scout turnover. I'm 50/50 on Whaley but gut is he stays. One guy I think is safe for sure is Monos.

My guy says he's gone, but who knows? We'll know within a week or so. Too many signals pointing to him being on the outs in practically every possible way. He didn't want to keep Taylor, and they did (I am 99 percent certain of this0. He can't even talk to the media, and he doesn't have control over the picks. How can someone like that continue to serve as GM?

For his own sake, it's better to be fired and start anew at a position he's better suited for (pro personnel). He's just not GM caliber. He is good at some things, but fell victim to the Peter Principle.

Monos has been tapped as a rising star for a couple of years now. Hopefully he provides some semblance of continuity while also putting a new stamp on the organization (if this is what happens).

i think I remember there being a McD connection as well from Philly days

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193485-tg-on-whaley-jw-scouts-now-bracing-for-house-cleaning/

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.